1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFC 202 - McGoat vs Diaz II - Vegas

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonhow Silver Belt

THE sherbro logic. MMAth solves everything.

2. 5-way Parlay: Magny/Garbrandt R2/Story by KO or decision/Rumble R2 KO/Diaz R3

14 for 25k

Flyers on:
    Glover R3 sub
    Covington R1
    Magny R3
    Story R3 KO

No normal sized bets yet, probably gonna play Magny, Rumble and maybe Diaz. Was gonna play Story as a dog but the line has dropped. Gonna live bet for the first time.

3. RyuDave Green Belt

Different style of jujitsu maybe? Maybe he's a closer match weight and cardio wise of Diaz, why have one to train with when you can have both

4. NinjaCat456 Green Belt

Need to do a little more research before you post bro. Conor's already said he's certain there'll be a trilogy fight with Nate http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/1...of-going-back-to-145-after-ufc-202-interested

Nate also made it clear in the press conference he has no interest fighting the top-ranked 155-ers, his only interest now is the 'money fights', which means the trilogy with Conor.

5. crewman Brown Belt

LOL, The biggest criticism I have about Magny is that he hasn't been fighting the best fighters in his long run, some people think he lost to Alex Garcia and his Gastelum victory could have been scored a draw.

6. Agent Mulder Black Belt

I have no clue what you're talking about.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  7. Thug Rose Green Belt

wasnt talking to you kiddo

8. bruthead Blue Belt

Exactly, man. People, who don't get it, look at it this way, when was the last time a UFC champion lost a fight? If you take out Jon Jones vs. the law, it's practically years. Rankings, guys. Rankings.

9. Initially White Belt

I'm not trying to butt heads, I respect your opinion. But wins over Lombard, Gastelum, and Erick Silva aren't impressive?

I mean I know Larkin beat Lawler back in Strikeforce, but Lawler is a completely different beast now.

10. plekz Brown Belt

he said ''down the line'' (or road) and that he had other ''affairs'' to attend to after he'd won this fight. (at the press conference this week) and i'm not your ''bro'' and what diaz said is verbatim from his bt-sports interview. diaz will always be a horrible style matchup for conor, it's pretty ignorant to say the least to think he'd wanna repeat that risk. how blue are your eyes son?

conor also said after he won the belt, that he would defend it, as first order of business. 8 months in and he's headed for his second fight two weightclasses above the one he's champ in. funny how that works huh?

i wouldn't even wipe my ass with the things that comes out of conors mouth.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  11. JohnnyStacks White Belt

Long time lurker here!

Looks like money is coming in on Teixeira and Story. Johnson now -165 and Cerrone -115.

12. Tebowned Boise Dime.

Many benefits

His black belt is 100% legitimate
    Black belts are not just skill-related

13. iGnP Silver Belt

Lombard and Silva were winning the fights until they gassed. That path of victory won't be available for Magny against Larkin

14. plekz Brown Belt

for all accounts he's just a poor teacher, and have no real idea how to put together strategy in a live setting.

15. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Post usada Silva gave Magny a very close fight. Just putting it out there i have no bet or lean really as done no research.

I do have larkin dec but pretty small actually.

16. RyuDave Green Belt

Yeah don't pick a fighter mate you'll get lynched lol

I like Magny slightly more than Larkin but will hold for lb only

17. Thug Rose Green Belt

the champion is not necessarily ranked 1. then you have people who improved over a longer period of time.
    people try hard to disagree with my statement but its nothing but facts.
    have fun losing $ nerds peace ;)

18. Roads55 Brown Belt

Yep money definitely starting to pile in on nate now, I can see his line dropping soon

19. barrygood1 Blue Belt

Stop with the line movement being a determining factor on who will win the fight. This is one of the biggest misconceptions amateur bettors seem to think carries actual weight. UFC market is not the same as NFL, NBA, MLB, EPL etc... the market can easily be manipulated because of the low limits relative to the big leagues. You can have some rich whale millionaire betting max limits on his favorite fighter and it skews the line. Does not mean the line change is $harp. $6500 max bet limit is peanuts compared to the established big boy leagues. There may be time when line movement is indicative of $harps hammering a fighter for value but it balances out with mugs betting their favorite fighters.

Not to sound holier than thou, but take it from a pro, I do this for a living and I study the sporting markets thus I know what I'm talking about. You see a 2-3 point movement in the NFL it probably means something.

- Barry

20. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Getting a 2 hr power nap see you boys soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.