1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
  2. Hey Guest, The Non Gif Shoop Contest Round 1 is now active, so cast your votes! Non Gif Shoop Contest Round 1 »

UFC 202 pbp/discussion

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Aug 20, 2016.

1. TimCoreCombat Green Belt

SBJJ congrats on the great night man. Who do you like for the next card?! Lol!

2. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Hmmmm. I just rewatched, and I'm surprised I, like most people, scored round 4 for Conor. I actually think Nate either wins that round, or its a 10-10. Round 3 should've been a 10-8 too. Last min was domination leading to the last 30 secs of Conor coming close to being finished.

3. plekz Brown Belt

i don't either, hedberg is the exception to the rule pretty much. you a jim jeffries fan btw?

4. BluntTrauma21 Broner Brodie / Pulev Posse

Yeah I like him, wasn't a big fan of his last special but he's a funny dude. I'd say my favorite comics right now are Hannibal Buress who's in my sig, (Hannibal's last special wasn't that great either), Tom Segura, Louie, Stanhope and Burr. Who are your favorites?

5. plekz Brown Belt

all time or ones that are still alive? (yeah the last special he did was a bit worse then the others by some margin) i like burr, stanhope, jeffries. never seen anything by buress. other then that. i love hedbergs stuff, hicks was a god, like kinison quite a bit aswell, and 90's chris rock oh and lenny bruce ofc.

6. BluntTrauma21 Broner Brodie / Pulev Posse

Chris Rock was great, Eddie Murphy was a freak, only like 22 or something when he did delirious, so good. haven't seen much of Bruce or Kinison but I hear very good things. Gotta check them out. Carlin was great too.

If you ever want to check out Hannibal and you have netflix, maybe you can torrent it not sure, check out "live from Chicago" really love that special. Animal Furnace was good as well but the live from Chicago one is my favorite special of his. I don't know if you'll like his stand up overall but i'm almost positive you'll laugh your ass off on his bit on gambling, really funny and as degens we can relate to it.

edit: also Kurt Metzger's recent special "white precious" I think it is, is fucking great too. That dude is hilarious.

7. plekz Brown Belt

murphy was great in his day (as was pryor) bruce might feel a bit dated, but he was saying all these things back in the day when buses and bathrooms were separated by color, and he even went to prison for some of the things he said. kinison was great, he tailspinned way to early though and died before he managed to get much stuff out there sadly.

no idea who metzger is, but i'll make a mental note of it.

kinda surprised honestly that ''freedumb'' was so lackluster. bare,alcoholocaust,fully functional & i swear to god are all way up there according to me. i guess i can forgive him for a slump when the first 4 were so strong. burr is a bit all over the map sometimes, but when he's on, he is truly amazing. that bit in his last special, about adoption and finding the kid who made the shirt he was wearing i was fucking dying during that bit.

i still honestly rate jefferies higher then burr though.

8. SBJJ Steel Belt

I'm turning 43 next week and I started betting boxing when I was 16. I worked my ass off for years and invested wisely(luckily). But it's not all rainbows and unicorns. I've had long bad periods. I lost 25k in 1 night betting DC over Jones. Was a long quiet drive home from Vegas that night!

9. SBJJ Steel Belt

Man. Was gonna load up on Maia when it was 3 rounds. But I like Condit here with it being 5. And I'm a huge Maia fan. Also love the over.

10. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Is betting on mma your job?

11. BluntTrauma21 Broner Brodie / Pulev Posse

Mine's today Happy early Bday to you man. Killing the books last night must be a nice early present for yourself, haha. Great job dude.

12. SBJJ Steel Belt

At 1 point it was. It still is a decent source of income. i don't know what my job is right now. I do wash a lot of fucking towels though.

13. SBJJ Steel Belt

Happy BDay young man!!

14. BluntTrauma21 Broner Brodie / Pulev Posse

For sure, every good comic is allowed a lackluster performance every once in awhile I just felt like he was a little too preachy in that one. I love stand up so I'll go back and re watch some of Jeffries stuff before that, he's hilarious, I liked Legit too, was kind of disappointed when they cancelled it tbh. I've heard Rogan rave about Kinison and how great he was many times, definitely gonna check him out. Yeah Burr's is one of my top three favorite comics probably so I rate him higher than Jim but they're both great.

15. BluntTrauma21 Broner Brodie / Pulev Posse

thanks buddy appreciate it. Been taking it easy like a normal lazy sunday, just gonna go out to a nice eye-talian place in a little bit and get hammered with friends. Keeping it simple haha.

16. cs02132 Green Belt

So true

17. Captain Crunch28 Green Belt

I told all you guys not to pick Diaz smh

18. PuertoRican Gold Belt

Conor McGregor: $3 million (no win bonus)
    def. Nate Diaz: $2 million

Anthony Johnson: $270,000 (includes $135,000 win bonus)
    def. Glover Teixeira: $65,000

Donald Cerrone: $170,000 (includes $85,000 win bonus)
    def. Rick Story: $41,000

Mike Perry: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
    def. Hyun Gyu Lim: $18,000

Tim Means: $62,000 (includes $31,000 win bonus)
    def. Sabah Homasi: $12,000

Cody Garbrandt: $54,000 (includes $27,000 win bonus)
    def. Takeya Mizugaki: $39,000

Raquel Pennington: $46,000 (includes $23,000 win bonus)
    def. Elizabeth Phillips: $12,000

Artem Lobov: $26,000 (includes $13,000 win bonus)
    def. Chris Avila: $10,000

Cortney Casey: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
    def. Randa Markos: $14,000

Lorenz Larkin: $78,000 (includes $39,000 win bonus)
    def. Neil Magny: $47,000

Colby Covington: $42,000 (includes $21,000 win bonus)
    def. Max Griffin: $10,000

Marvin Vettori: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
    def. Alberto Uda: $10,000

19. UAK Purple Belt

After rewatching Conor-Diaz I think it's clear 48-47 for Conor. Close decision but still clear imo. Media scores and the 2 judges got it right. I'm impressed and disappointed by conor at the same time, he's still not a 5 round fighter but somehow he caught a second wind and showed heart. Like him or not, you gotta admit he's tough.

I expect people will still have strong black-white opinions whenever conor fights. In other words: zomg he should be -400 or zomg he should be +400 he has no chance etc. I thought it was gonna be a close fight and didn't like the fact that both had minus odds so I decided screw it, no bet for me. I bet the over(not sure what the consensus was here) though.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  20. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

Sbjj's job is cleaning up sweaty man towels! Dont let him tell you otherwise

I have visual proof of this

Hahaha shit he beat me to it

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016