UFC 202 pbp/discussion

image.jpeg
Sbjj's job is cleaning up sweaty man towels! Dont let him tell you otherwise

I have visual proof of this

Hahaha shit he beat me to it

TRUTH IS OUT!!

I'm a laundry boy at EZ's Russian bath house and the betting slips are from a powerful Russian figure I do special favors for.

Thanks EZ!!

I don't understand how MMA expects to grow as a sport with this kind of pay inequity?! Uda making 10k and conor making 3M on the same card. I understand people have more draw and thus more value to the company but they need to balance this out a bit to allow people time to grow into the sport.

It is unacceptable for anyone in the UFC to make 10k per fight. You can't even cover your expenses let alone support a family on 10k/fight 3x a year - it is self defeating for the UFC. How is new talent supposed to develop when they are paid peanuts - even after arriving at the highest level of fighting?! Its fucking ridiculous.

Anyway I am glad Nate beat Conor the first time around as he talked his way into 2M for this fight - he deserves it. Nate will likely get another 2M for the next fight, atta boy!

I don't understand how MMA expects to grow as a sport with this kind of pay inequity?! Uda making 10k and conor making 3M on the same card. I understand people have more draw and thus more value to the company but they need to balance this out a bit to allow people time to grow into the sport.

It is unacceptable for anyone in the UFC to make 10k per fight. You can't even cover your expenses let alone support a family on 10k/fight 3x a year - it is self defeating for the UFC. How is new talent supposed to develop when they are paid peanuts - even after arriving at the highest level of fighting?! Its fucking ridiculous.

Anyway I am glad Nate beat Conor the first time around as he talked his way into 2M for this fight - he deserves it. Nate will likely get another 2M for the next fight, atta boy!

Yea. It sucks. But boxing been that way forever.

The only thing the UFC needs to do is pay better than their competition. What do you think Uda was making at XFCI? Probably not much at all. Until smaller shows pay more, the UFC will always pay low at entry level. They can claim the fighters are making more than they were before (which is true for most) and that they have a potential to make quite a bit of money.

Khalidov declined a ufc contract because he was getting way more money from ksw, alot of fighters are going to bellator aswell

Khalidov declined a ufc contract because he was getting way more money from ksw, alot of fighters are going to bellator aswell

Sure, the high profile guys in other orgs. It's not like Alvarez came in making $10k/$10k. There will be exceptions, but the overwhelming majority will enter the UFC making more money than other orgs and have the potential to make more money in the UFC.

Back