1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFC 203 PBP/discussion

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Sep 10, 2016.

1. SBJJ Steel Belt

Oh man. You have to find a way to control that. It's like losing hands of Blackjack then double up your bet because u are steaming or in your mind u can't keep losing. But as in blackjack, u will have events where u lose every damn bet and somewhere u can't lose.

But u know what. I still do it till this day. I still fucking chase at times. But I do control it to a degree.

Just remember u are going to have some cold ass streaks if u do this for any extended period of time.

Just do your best to win next week, don't worry about the dollar amount. Just get your legs back under u.

2. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

This guy should not be betting next week until he knows how to utilise a proper staking plan.

3. SBJJ Steel Belt

It all depends if he can learn from it. The second worst feeling IMO to losing is taking the next week off only to see every play u would have made is a winner.

4. Tebowned Boise Dime.

Nah fuck it you either win or you learn.

Also overrem got Learn'd the fuck out.

5. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

You either win or you lose way too much because you don't know the basic concepts behind betting and staking plans

This guy should research before he bets again, or go even deeper in the hole.

6. Wangyanqing White Belt

My betting strategy is always like this: only Hail Merry Parlay pre-fight and place my bet during live betting. My live betting stake is big for me. I am really distressed

7. cs02132 Green Belt

Absolute worst thing lol. Hate missing out on money so much, more than losing

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  8. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

gambling isn't for you, don't listen to the irresponsible guys ITT

you need to really take some time off gambling and learn how to stake etc before betting again or you'll find yourself in a deep hole very soon

9. cs02132 Green Belt

I don't bet that much money but I've lost my BR/majority of my bankroll plenty of times lol. There's not really much we can say because I know how much it sucks (maybe not cause I def haven't lost 9k before). Just go to sleep, workout, get drunk or do something to get your mind off it and just give it time. It'll still fucking suck but you'll get "over it" eventually. Obviously you did something right to get to having 18k in your account, unless you deposited it. Take It easy and bet less than you normally would and build back up slow. Way easier said than done but it's what u gotta do

I'm not the best gambler so take it how you want :) . Im still trying to get better myself, my picks are fantastic but that doesn't mean shit

Don't mean to get too personal but are you comfortable enough financially where you can lose $9000? If not, then def take a step back .. That's a lot of money

10. Wangyanqing White Belt

Thank you bro. I think I should take some time off. You are right, I've already been in a deep hole

11. SBJJ Steel Belt

Yea. Only other gamblers know what other gamblers go through. The highs and the lows. The constant what ifs and almost.

Even on good events I still think about what I did wrong. Or think about how it could've been better

One thing I have almost mastered is being able to move on from big losses/events. Not sure that's such a good thing.

12. cs02132 Green Belt

@Sham what's your unit size now? Like $300? You've been making $ pretty consistently for a while now

13. barrygood1 Blue Belt

What a clusterfuck. These no name refs don't know what the fucking hell they're doing. Save for Marc Godard where in tarnation was Big John, Yamasaki, Mirgliotta christ sakes I would have even accepted Herb Dean. Was a shitshow all around can't keep any semblance of order in the octagon as evidenced by the post fight antics of Tarvedyn and Werdum. Then you've got Faber vs Rivera which should have been called a no contest because it was clear as day Rivera couldn't see out of his damned eye. Just bollocks all around. To make matters worse had this bet that should have cashed
    but no that 5 foot tall roided up ref stopped the Browne fight when Travis dislocated his finger.
    [​IMG]

But it wouldn't be a trifecta without another screw job as Overeem had the fight in the bag only to royally screw me over when his sloppy guillotine failed. Why didn't he just ground n pound Stipe, then he'd be the new HW champion but he had to screw my bet up. Jesus you can't make this shit up. I'm blaming this on variance because I've been on a tear, but not like this...
    [​IMG]

14. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

off topic, does anyone here have a separate bank account for betting? thinking of doing it myself, would make life easier

15. SBJJ Steel Belt

There are some guys that should not partake in ANY form of gambling. If he is one of them then u are 100% right.

But sadly. No amount of reading or research is going to make u a great sports bettor.

The best cappers at some point lost at least half their BR if not their entire stake at the time.

The best stock traders are guys with experience and that experience is making mistakes and losing their asses probably multiple times.

Only Barry is perfect

16. Wangyanqing White Belt

$9000 is big enough for me. I save money and I accumulate 18k for two years. I really feel pain. And bet365 refused my $40k withdrawal last month. They said I bet on the wrong odds hehe. I hate my life

17. TimCoreCombat Green Belt

I posted all of these wager bets in the wager thread and they all hit for me. A HUGE night. I hope everyone else did well.

All Pending Wagers

Wager (sort by time)
    Risk Win

2 Team - Parlay - 2 units
    Jessica Andrade (W) ML (-135)
    Nik Lentz ML (-460)

Jimmie Rivera ML (-125
    Nik Lentz ML (-400)

2 Team - Parlay 2 units
    Stipe Miocic ML (-145)
    Fabricio Werdum ML (-200)

2 Team - Parlay 2 units
    Stipe Miocic ML (-145)

7 Team - Parlay .5 units
    Stipe Miocic ML (-145)
    Mickey Gall ML (-430)
    Jimmie Rivera ML (-120)
    Brad Tavares ML (-170)
    C.B. Dollaway ML (-165) Cancelled
    Drew Dober ML (-160)

Jimmie Rivera ML (-120)
    Brad Tavares ML (-170)

2 Team - Parlay -2 units
    Jessica Andrade (W) ML (-135)
    C.B. Dollaway ML (-165) Cancelled

2 Team - Parlay 2 units
    Jimmie Rivera ML (-120)
    Brad Tavares ML (-170)

2 Team - Parlay 2 units
    [​IMG] C.B. Dollaway ML (-165) Cancelled
    [​IMG] Drew Dober ML (-160)

[​IMG] 2 Team - Parlay 2 units
    [​IMG] Bethe Correia (W) ML (+105)
    [​IMG] C.B. Dollaway ML (-170) Cancelled

[​IMG] 2 Team - Parlay 2 units
    [​IMG] Stipe Miocic ML (-140)
    [​IMG] Mickey Gall ML (-430)

18. SBJJ Steel Belt

I have a safety deposit box for it. Even though it is actually illegal to have cash in a safety deposit box.

19. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

bro it's not hard to learn a basic staking plan so u don't lose £9000 in a day

20. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

hehe stop gambling hehe