UFC 203 - Stipe vs Overeem - Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Eye/Correia FOTN +500 better than Faber/Rivera +400.

• 2 chicks
• Both have nice asses
• Both strikers who lack 1-punch KO power
• Both throw a lot of strikes (for bantamweight women)
• Eye is the hometown girl and the crowd will cheer a lot in that fight, especially if it stays on the feet.
• They're headlining the Fox Sports 1 card, which I personally think is a better spot to be in, as it's the fight we remember most as we head into the PPV fights. Faber/Rivera is the 2nd fight on PPV, after Calderwood/Andrade, which will probably be more memorable than Faber/Rivera, imo.

I think Faber/Rivera styles will clash a bit, and Faber won't look as good as usual, thus not being exciting enough for a FOTN bonus.

not a bad choice. disagree about the "styles will clash a bit" thing re: faber/rivera, but heard

Andrade-JoJo will be FOTN imo. Shame I can't include it in my round robin that would be dope

Are you really putting weight into Dober beating a washed up Varner who knocked himself out prior to getting choked out? Also IIRC, he barely beat a Tony Sims who broke his hand earlier in the fight...

What legit UFC wins does he have besides Scott Holtzman? I was on Dober as the dog in that fight, by the way.

Gonzalez or pass, imo...

Its a two way street, you can't criticize dobers fight history while ignoring Gonzos.

Dober has accomplished way more than gonzo ever has. I am not saying that Dober is a future champ. I am saying your reasoning for betting gonzo is almost non existant.

No mention of cardio, grappling, durability, or relative strength of fight history.

If you have more reasons to bet him besides he has big muscles and I don't think dober is very good I would love to hear it.

I dunno I think people might making too much of how 'bad' he looked at the weigh-ins. Dude's always been the same, he's never looked like Overeem or Lesnar.

Werdum is still one of the very best heavyweights in the UFC and Travis isn't. I don't think he's going to let you down in your acca's.

Werdum can still win for sure. But this is what he looked like at the weigh in for Cain:

cain-velasquez-fabricio-werdum-ufc-188.jpg

In shape Werdum^^^

Out of shape Werdum:

9529664.jpg

Werdum has looked this bad 3 times now. The first 2 were vs JDS (KO loss) and vs Stipe (KO loss).

Browne isn't as good as either of those guys but no way could I lay juice on Werdum with him looking like this. Yeah he might win, but jeez...

After talking to Duke, Robin Black says he "thinks" they may have been training one specific thing every day to beat Gall all this time (as well as the usual stuff)

Bonus: Renzo says he thinks Punk will win by guillotine

I'm gonna include Punk by sub in a round robin
CM Punk by Submission in Round 1 40/1 with skybet. Joe Rogan would have a seizure in the commentary box if he pulled that off lol. I know it's not going to happen but so tempted to have a little nibble at that price.

CM Punk by Submission in Round 1 40/1 with skybet. Joe Rogan would have a seizure in the commentary box if he pulled that off lol. I know it's not going to happen but so tempted to have a little nibble at that price.
It's not totally impossible, imagine if he's been drilling guilltoines for 2 years straight? Gall is still just a kid, he could easily run into one. I would lose my shit. Gonna put 0.25u on that for the shits

Its a two way street, you can't criticize dobers fight history while ignoring Gonzos.

Dober has accomplished way more than gonzo ever has. I am not saying that Dober is a future champ. I am saying your reasoning for betting gonzo is almost non existant.

No mention of cardio, grappling, durability, or relative strength of fight history.

If you have more reasons to bet him besides he has big muscles and I don't think dober is very good I would love to hear it.
The funny thing is, I have never said one thing at all about his "muscles"

Huge height and reach advantage
Aggressive
Active off his back
Fade on Dober being a favorite

You're acting like I'm making a huge bet on an unwarranted favorite. And why am I the only one being called out on this? There are plenty of other people here on Gonzalez. I think more people are on Gonz than Dober in this thread

If Dober wins, I see it by a fairly close decision and I already have bets on the over

Are you betting Dober or something?

It's not totally impossible, imagine if he's been drilling guilltoines for 2 years straight? Gall is still just a kid, he could easily run into one. I would lose my shit. Gonna put 0.25u on that for the shits
Yeah think I'm going to put a cheeky little fiver on that one too. It's only £5 wtf.

Hoping for some great prelim fights after last event's shit show
What prelim fights? They all got cancelled

I wonder if the fights will end earlier because of it or will the pacing just be torture?

Andrade-JoJo will be FOTN imo. Shame I can't include it in my round robin that would be dope

That's what I hit. Was hoping for +550 at least but got +400. I figure it's almost a bit of a hedge against my action on Andrade. Jojo is hittable and I have little doubt Andrade will land early. If Jojo eats them and survives, FOTN looks really good. If not, Andrade wins and I'm happy.

Although I am on Gall fastest sub +300, Yancy fastest sub +2000 is interesting

Ahem, I'd just like to point out Brick Top, that I'm the original CM Punk wins by submission hipster as evidenced by my $50.00 bet on that prop days ago at +1205 in the bet thread, lol.

The funny thing is, I have never said one thing at all about his "muscles"

Huge height and reach advantage
Aggressive
Active off his back
Fade on Dober being a favorite

You're acting like I'm making a huge bet on an unwarranted favorite. And why am I the only one being called out on this? There are plenty of other people here on Gonzalez. I think more people are on Gonz than Dober in this thread

If Dober wins, I see it by a fairly close decision and I already have bets on the over

Are you betting Dober or something?

Didn't want it to feel like an attack although disagreeing with someone on a forum usually comes off like that. I would have brought it up to you on teamspeak, but I saw more people jumping on Him a so I figured I should speak up about my lean itt.

You are the one that mentioned "dober shouldn't be a favorite over anyone" so I replied to that, cause I disagree.

He has size: but please show me some data where he uses that size to his advantage. He gets dominated on the ground and gassed quickly from all that bulk from my research.

He has length and aggression. This for sure, he is a long aggressive striker. Problem is he is not durable, has bad defense, and gasses.

Fade dober on being a favorite. This is maybe the best reason, can't really fault you for that, even tho I think you are going overboard, there are many worse fighters in the ufc than Dober.

Yeah I am betting Dober, I have him spread out with straight, round 3, and by sub.

That's what I hit. Was hoping for +550 at least but got +400. I figure it's almost a bit of a hedge against my action on Andrade. Jojo is hittable and I have little doubt Andrade will land early. If Jojo eats them and survives, FOTN looks really good. If not, Andrade wins and I'm happy.
I think either Andrade or JoJo will get a POTN bonus, not FOTN. One of these fighters will have a hard time imposing their will, and I think the loser will get beat up too much for it to be worthy of FOTN.

I can easily be wrong about Eye/Correia, but I feel more confident in Andrade/JoJo NOT winning FOTN than I do Eye/Correia winning FOTN.

Ahem, I'd just like to point out Brick Top, that I'm the original CM Punk wins by submission hipster as evidenced by my $50.00 bet on that prop days ago at +1205 in the bet thread, lol.

I don't see it. We don't know about Gall's heart and cardio but if he's able to survive 6 minutes with gordon ryan in pure grappling I don't see CM punk subbing him.
Feel free to call me out if i'm wrong but that $50 is a donation imo.

I know jack shit about CM punk. Also guillotines are extremely low percentage sub above blue belt level grappling.

I don't understand any of the logic behind the gonzalez touting.

All of the arguments are basically "he has big muscles". Has anyone every actually watched him fight? He never uses his size advantage, he has stick legs and no takedown defense and off his back he appears to be a white belt.

In his one good win, vs taco padilla, he gets knocked down in the first and has a come from behind victory after tacos gasses.

He has length and some pop in his strikes, but dober is a MT champ and very durable. Can he win this way? Sure, but to me it is his only path to victory, definitely not by "physically he should treat him like a ragdoll" Dober out wrestled/grappled varner and leandro silva, how is a noob with no grappling going to treat him like a ragdoll?

Saying Dober shouldn't be a fav over anyone in the UFC is a huge stretch, he has legit UFC wins. Sorry Jae, but I see no logic there, and let's not forget Gonzalez is a late replacement Regional TUF reject, he is not really UFC fighter anyway.
I agree, Jason has shown a susceptibility to grappling and Dober will be looking to push that.

I don't see it. We don't know about Gall's heart and cardio but if he's able to survive 6 minutes with gordon ryan in pure grappling I don't see CM punk subbing him.
Feel free to call me out if i'm wrong but that $50 is a donation imo.

I know jack shit about CM punk. Also guillotines are extremely low percentage sub above blue belt level grappling.
Pure grappling is very different to MMA, and we don't know how good Punk's BJJ is. You can get really good at one technique if you drill it everyday for 2 years

Lol I didn't catch that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back