1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
  2. Hey Guest, The Non Gif Shoop Contest Round 1 is now active, so cast your votes! Non Gif Shoop Contest Round 1 »

UFC 204 pbp/discussion

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Ditto to that. Wish i'd listened to AffectEffect! But yeah i dont think anyone thought tumenov was that bad. The way he locked in the choke was way too easy. It looked like just before he got choked he was going to end up on top but he fcked that up. Dreadful stuff.

2. AffectEffect Banned Banned

It was a tricky situation, hence the odds, edwards sub and itd plays had crazy value. But that is what good cappers want to look for, the missing angle, not the chalked up fave.

I went back and looked at every single time Tumenov was on bottom, and he never once had a technical standup. All of his escapes were explosive, or aka "white belt moves" to bjjers. He was even just bear hugging Gunnar from bottom, it doesn't matter who is on top of you, that's just shitty defense.

On the other hand, edwards even tho going up against lesser competition was displaying big improvements in his details. There are a few details grapplers start doing once they "get it" and start understanding the concepts/rules of the ground game. There are a lot of these signs and I won't get into all of them, but one of the biggest things to look for is proper understanding of the "seatbelt" and back control and the position of your leg entries to obtain proper control. One of the least understood positions in MMA, but one of the most powerful positions in modern bjj. Edwards learned this concept and you could see him using it transitioning to take the back against Waters, he basically used that one position to finish Tumenov.

We used to have guys like Plekz, who although always wrong about Conor, had great input when it came to bjj details and would be discussing these points. But it is hard now to get an in depth conversation going where we can reach that level of professional discourse.

3. Ukram Silver Belt

Almost break even for this event, so survive another day, tumenov cost me £650 though on 2 hail mary parlays.

Totally agree with AE above, can't rule out anything with MMA. We tend to overestimate and sometimes underestimate, but hey its mma all it takes is one H-bomb.

Am glad we have a break for once has been a gruelling past 3 months and going to bed @ 6am does not help every weekend!

4. Ukram Silver Belt

[/QUOTE]

5. Scythe Brown Belt

Had the decision line, but love Mousasi's work there. Nobody's beaten Vitor without taking him down since Anderson (Mousasi wound up on top, but the fight was over).

6. cs02132 Green Belt

So what time did bisping and Henderson fight ? It had to be like 4:45am right?

7. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Yeah i think it finished about 5.30am. Was hoping for a r1 finish to be done by 5am!

8. MidgardSerpent Black Belt

I'm from Holland and I went to bed at 5 am, right before OSP/Manuwa started, so the ME probably went past 6 am local time? I understand they have to cater to the American audience, but those are some crazy times to stay awake for and still fight.

9. rille31 Brown Belt

great event for me, propably up like 50 units

went big on both stasiak +550 and edwards +350 at the start of round 3, I had both of those fights 1-1 going into the third

10. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Did voodoo Manuwa strike again? OSP came out for the second completely blowing out of his arse. He was coming off a 5 round fight with JJ. Makes no sense...r1 wasn't even that high paced.

11. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

Idk, I thought he injured his leg in rd 1 on one manuwa leg kicks.. and o eth pee looked super lethargic in his corner between rounds

12. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Maybe hes not doing a lot of training where hes wrestling guys against the cage. Never seen him do that before, but that was a big portion of the first. If you're not putting yourself in that situation in training, thats horrible considering it'll tire you worse than anything else

13. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Im putting it down to voodoo again!

14. wigglestick pess de gward Platinum Member

lol just saw this now, I joined 3 years before you when you weren't able to like a comment, makes sense your paranoid about likes thats pretty stupid