UFC 205 - Conor vs Alvarez - NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ganked this from a sherdog article but it (eloquently) sums up what I think will happen too:

It’s not a good fight. Because Conor sucks. Eddie’s smart. He won’t get caught up in the dramatics of it all,” Cerrone said on the UFC “Unfiltered” podcast. “He’ll just go out there, take him down, f---ing wrestle him and f---ing submit the dude. Easy work.

“Conor’s real good at getting you emotionally involved. I think you just go out there take him down, f---ing end him. Quick. Done. Check please.”
Pretty much spot on.

You talk like a casual who started watching MMA in the past year. Anyone who reads through will know I beat your ass silly.

Lol at how you switched opinion on Conor's bjj and act like you won.
Lol I don't see those people anywhere. Now you're just projecting. It's clear to me you're a Conor fanboy who replies "13" to Aldo's tweets and thinks he's a badass. Completely disregarding the LW champ who ran through a guy who would run through Conor kinda gave it away.

I never disregarded Alvarez, heck I bet on him to beat RDA. You brought bias as I did but I backed it with fact which you didnt.

Lol you must be a 4 foot midget irl cause you're butthurt. Lil mad aint ya that you got beat yet again on these betting forums.
I've not brought any bias whatsoever, everything I've said ITT is fact and you've just spouted nonsense. You're just another casual fan who can't handle it when Conor's weaknesses are mentioned. It's tough man.

F'ing hell. I'm gonna start handing out double yellows. Drop the insults, drop the attitudes. You know who you are. First and last warning.

*sigh*

This is honestly like reading the Sherdog main forum....
once of the main reasons I stopped reading main page and come here exclusively... ahaha we can't get away from it

so confused for a while seeing brick top argue with himself. Then realized alltruth deleted posts lol.

Wait, Yoel Romero dec over Weidman is +500???

Yes please. Wow. I love that line. A lot.

want to support the east coast'er and throw Weidman dec in my round robin (biggest bet is o1.5) but if the value on that isn't close to +500 i'll have to take a shot on Yoel dec. Great line.

yea, maybe.. but ANY close rounds are going to weidman, the lone NY guy..

yea, maybe.. but ANY close rounds are going to weidman, the lone NY guy..

Weidman's a good wrestler and grappler overall but it wouldn't shock me one bit if he gets put on his back and held there for 2 out of 3 rounds.

+500 just seems too high. +350 I expected maybe.

Weidman's a good wrestler and grappler overall but it wouldn't shock me one bit if he gets put on his back and held there for 2 out of 3 rounds.

+500 just seems too high. +350 I expected maybe.

i'd kinda be shocked, that's not romero's game.. he gets taken down a lot and rarely just tries to wrestle anyone, himself

i'd kinda be shocked, that's not romero's game.. he gets taken down a lot and rarely just tries to wrestle anyone, himself

I'm thinking the opponent will dictate him mixing in takedowns but maybe not.

Something to note regarding Romero's wrestling that people forget, he wasn't training it at all until after the Brunson fight. Definitely played a factor in people taking him down. Since he started training wrestling again after that fight, he hasn't been taken down and that aspect has looked great

Something to note regarding Romero's wrestling that people forget, he wasn't training it at all until after the Brunson fight. Definitely played a factor in people taking him down. Since he started training wrestling again after that fight, he hasn't been taken down and that aspect has looked great

didn't jacare take him down and ride him out?

didn't jacare take him down and ride him out?
My memory is vague besides that backfist, but iirc Jacare boxed with him in 2 and 3? Could be wrong, maybe he scored a td, but I don't remember him being on top of Yoel much? When someone rewatches hopefully they let us know and help refresh my memory

We know that Yoel's cardio is not very good and I think Chris' pressure will be a factor in this fight. Do we know how Yoel's chin is? Got rocked by Kennedy and just watched he got 33 extra seconds by the bullshit stool incident.

We know that Yoel's cardio is not very good and I think Chris' pressure will be a factor in this fight. Do we know how Yoel's chin is? Got rocked by Kennedy and just watched he got 33 extra seconds by the bullshit stool incident.

Yoel has an AMAZING chin.

He was saved by the bell against Kennedy and Jacare had him hurt up against the cage in the third round but went for a takedown instead of trying to finish it on the feet. That said he took a massive head kick from Brunson and wasn't fazed. He seems to be very tough to put away.

Great chin, striking defense too headmovement based though, too relaxed at times, you can feint him out and tag him up. Chris has good feints, but not very good speed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back