UFC 205 - Conor vs Alvarez - NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehh... I wouldn't say that at all. He's kind of an old school muay thai brawler, with pretty bad pure boxing and movement.

I actually think Miller has the more technical stand up. He has pretty nice elbows which should pay dividends in this matchup.

He not only has superb offense but also great defense

He mixes up kicks punches and knees in combination for a varied attack and has great single strike power

He knows how to use angles has good head movement and blocks well too

I think it comes down to sizing with Thiago, has he ever been beaten on the feet by anyone his own size bar gsp with his TD threat? I dont think he has

Hey guys,

I've been abroad so ive missed all discussions here, but I just gotta share this one:

Romero - Weidman. Romero to score most takedowns Unibet has it @4.50. This is a crazy odds, considering how athletic, fast and potent wrestler Romero is.

I also played it to end in a Draw, cause Romero is involved so something crazy gotta happen.

Last edited:
You might as well pack your bags now and prepare yourself to suck Barry's dick in the land of obscurity because Wonderboy is getting his toes curled later today when Woodley touches his chin.

LOL. But seriously, what do you see in Woodley that shows you he will be able to close distance any better than he did vs Rory?

Not seeing it at all.

He not only has superb offense but also great defense

He mixes up kicks punches and knees in combination for a varied attack and has great single strike power

He knows how to use angles has good head movement and blocks well too

I think it comes down to sizing with Thiago, has he ever been beaten on the feet by anyone his own size bar gsp with his TD threat? I dont think he has

comparing the alves that fought gsp to the thiago that exists today is ridiculous. usada and injuries, he will never be the same fighter

Not sure what WB was sitting at offshore about half hour ago. But he's -175/-180 in vegas

comparing the alves that fought gsp to the thiago that exists today is ridiculous. usada and injuries, he will never be the same fighter

I'd add that beating that Condit gave him. That was a round that may take years off Thiagos life.

Doesn't mean Alves loses tonight necessarily but agree, he'll never be the guy he was.

LOL. But seriously, what do you see in Woodley that shows you he will be able to close distance any better than he did vs Rory?

Not seeing it at all.
Wonderboy and Rory don't fight the same. One is a master jabber, the other is a master kicker. One is aggro with his attacks, while the other is comfortable sitting back and fighting at range and not overcommitting on anything. Rory can safely spam jabs and keep Tyron against the fence, while Wonderboy cannot spam kicks and keep Tyron against the fence (opportunity for a TD if he tried to).

I also expected Tyron's cardio and skill set to be improved in the Lawler fight, but it ended early, so we didn't get to see it. Now that he had extra time to train, I still think his cardio will be improved and he'll show some new wrinkles in his game that we haven't seen yet. Also, the stance, speed, timing, and fear of the TD is what I'm expecting Tyron to use to his advantage. When he lands one clean punch, the fight will change in various ways.

I do think Wonderboy should be favored, but I'm not sure by how much. I just believe in what Tyron has shown me thus far, and pick him to win today.

Agree with others looks a decision or overs type card

Liz, Chook, miller, natal, frankie, jj and kk all known regular decisioners.

Am liking:

Chook
Miller
belal
natal
khabib
frankie
raquel
weidman
JJ
Woodly after r2
Alvarez after r2-r3

Tons of dogs tonight in Woodley, KK, Yoel, Mj though
You like woodley after r2?

You might as well pack your bags now and prepare yourself to suck Barry's dick in the land of obscurity because Wonderboy is getting his toes curled later today when Woodley touches his chin.
Maybe I like the sound of that .

Wonderboy and Rory don't fight the same. One is a master jabber, the other is a master kicker. One is aggro with his attacks, while the other is comfortable sitting back and fighting at range and not overcommitting on anything. Rory can safely spam jabs and keep Tyron against the fence, while Wonderboy cannot spam kicks and keep Tyron against the fence (opportunity for a TD if he tried to).

I also expected Tyron's cardio and skill set to be improved in the Lawler fight, but it ended early, so we didn't get to see it. Now that he had extra time to train, I still think his cardio will be improved and he'll show some new wrinkles in his game that we haven't seen yet. Also, the stance, speed, timing, and fear of the TD is what I'm expecting Tyron to use to his advantage. When he lands one clean punch, the fight will change in various ways.

I do think Wonderboy should be favored, but I'm not sure by how much. I just believe in what Tyron has shown me thus far, and pick him to win today.
Tyron can't improve his cardio, too much muscle. Unless he throws zero strikes and doesn't have to work, he will always have a 5-10min gas tank

BTW Woodley has only KO'd a washed up brawler (Lawler) and a washed up wrestler (Koscheck) in the last what 5 years? Stop acting like he's Rumble pls. He's a wrestler with an overhand with a 10min gas tank. Wonderboy has too much experience and is too smart to be beat by a guy who's so one dimensional

If you want to lose money or get fucked in the ass on DraftKings, play Tyrone

Welcome aboard wb train, brick.

Woodley has a punchers chance not saying he cant win but he has a 5 maybe 10 min window. I think wb will straight up confuse him with his varied attack.

I didnt compare him to the thiago that beat GSP

I said GSP ws the only fighter to best Thiago on the feet (who was similar size) but the reason for that was TD threat

No one Thiagos own size has ever beaten him on the feet

Miller is Thiagos own size = ..............

Welcome aboard wb train, brick.

Woodley has a punchers chance not saying he cant win but he has a 5 maybe 10 min window. I think wb will straight up confuse him with his varied attack.

020316-ufc-Stephen-Thompson-pi-mp.vresize.1200.675.high.96.jpg

$$$ Choo Choo $$$

#AndNew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back