1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFC 206 - Pettis vs Holloway - Toronto

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chemmy Green Belt

Even if he doesn't study tape, Cowboy is well aware of Matt Brown's style and what he brings to the table. I'm sure he's seen him fight multiple times and has a pretty solid grasp of what he's all about. Cowboy can more than hold his own standing, but I think we'll likely see him look to implement some grappling in this one, like he did against Story, Cote and Oliveira.

2. northsofia Blue Belt

The line for Cub/Choi fight is madness that is for sure, but do you guys think that we will get even better price for Cub or his line will go down?

3. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

maybe look at pettis NSC instead of pettis ML?

4. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

was gonna say, that over is safer than just about any of those ml's

5. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

If i was a pettis backer that would defo be my play.

6. Shoulder #29 most average paid MMA bettor on Sherdog.

I will look into NOT Max ITD, that should be a good play since Pettis is durable as fuck.

7. t6p Brown Belt

Have to disagree that Pettis was on his way to losing to Oliveira. Round 1 was a clear 10-8 IMO. Pettis destroyed and nearly finished him in that round and I was surprised Oliveira made it through. Worst case for Pettis was a draw I think. And again, Oliveira used his grappling to get himself back into the fight, something that Max is unlikely to do. It was also another example of how dangerous Pettis is when you give him a chance to lock in a sub. It's hard to continue to call them hail mary's when he's been able to sub Bendo, Melendez and Oliveira, some of the best grapplers in their respective divisions. Don't forget that Pettis rocked Melendez with a number of big shots before the guillotine in that second round too. Max has looked pretty durable from what we've seen but will he be able to handle the shots that Pettis almost inevitably lands even in fights he's lost?

I do agree with the cardio concerns though. If Pettis can't end this in the first 3 rounds, I think there's a strong chance he'll lose a decision. Very hard to see Max finishing him though with Pettis's durability and slick BJJ (he was in a number of dangerous positions against Oliveira and defended nicely). If I can get Pettis NSC at near evens I may go big on it.

8. Card Silver Belt

9. weedreference Green Belt

It's definitely a step up in level for Choi, but the matchup couldn't be better for him.

10. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

I can see that. He's cagey and I do think part of that is his willingness to take one to land one. He closes distance with little regard for defense. He lands and gets hit. I think his issue is that he's gonna find out what Cote and Story did: that Cowboy at 170 hits like a truck. It really does look like Cerrone was fighting a weight class too low most of his career. Stopping guys with strikes that had THAT many fights and had never been stopped before should open a lot of eyes as to the apparent power Cerrone has at 170.

11. northsofia Blue Belt

Pettis def had some cardio issues last time he fought, but lets not forget that was his first weight cut to featherweight. I think this time the things are going to stay different. Pettis was beaten very bad by RDA for 5 rounds and he didnt showed cardio problems, so maybe the cardio red flag won`t be so big.

12. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Even if Pettis had undeniably great cardio I wouldn't touch him

13. lefontes Purple Belt

Like the over 1,5 Choi/Swanson

Imo Choi not finish Cub easy.

14. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

10 8 or not he lost r2 and was losing r3 so not a great look. Olives was also having far more success on the feet than i thought he would. Max took conor's shots so he clearly has one hell of a chin. Clearly body kicks are different but theres no way im betting someone whos only route to victory i see is a body kick

15. t6p Brown Belt

At closer odds I'd probably be on Max too. Hell, I don't even mind a play on him at current odds. I'm just trying to look at both sides here, and I feel like Pettis isn't being given enough credit. We're talking about a guy who has fought the best of the best at LW, has finished his last 5 wins and has proven to be as durable as they come. I look at the Oliveira fight differently than you do and I also felt like McGregor was well on his way to finishing Max before the knee injury/grappling started. To me, this is a fight where one guy has at least a decent chance of finishing and the other guy has a very small chance. Hence, why I'm planning to be on Pettis NSC, pending odds of course.

16. Rebel_LioN Silver Belt

If Cerrone were cheaper I'd cap him as my best bet. I think he gets the finish and can win it anywhere. Brown has finally cracked IMO. His berserker style wasn't going to last him forever. Wish I could put a bigger bet than my measly 20$ max.

17. Card Silver Belt

I was asking for this fight at 205, and I knew if was a back up for 206, he's the real deal, I can beat him up on the feet, I'm the better kickboxer, I have more tools, I can beat him anywhere

18. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

meaning because cub won't try to take him down? i guess.. but man cub is fast..

19. Rebel_LioN Silver Belt

Solid o2.5 candidate. Value is on Fat Gastum but I wouldn't be surprised if either guy picked up the nod. Tim Kennedy is pretty yolked and it remains to be seen how Kelvin will show up at 185 which I assume will be doughy.

20. Card Silver Belt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.