UFC 207 - Nunes vs Rousey - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow lb gonna be amazing not one fighter above -250 bar thatch and that probably changes

love magny here especially at +105 that wont last. Magny will use his reach to pick hendricks apart those alligator arms make it hard for him to get inside.

Man idk.

Magny never uses his reach. Like ever.

If Hendricks isn't looking fat and shit at weighins and these couple weeks , I think -115 is fine for him... And prolly gets bet

Saff's tdd is fantastic
Last guy he fought (besides Story) who tried to take him down though I think was Woodley. He's never fought anyone with the clinch skills of Kim. I know kim can close distance on strikers, I'm not sold Saf is going to escape the clinch enough to win

O2.5 saff dhk... It was -210... It's -145 bol ... Saff ALLLLLLWAYS goes o2.5

-155 but I hit it for 1.5u

Agree, and great catch guys. This should be -225 minimum, maybe steeper

Last guy he fought (besides Story) who tried to take him down though I think was Woodley. He's never fought anyone with the clinch skills of Kim. I know kim can close distance on strikers, I'm not sold Saf is going to escape the clinch enough to win

The way judging is now if stun gun cant get him down and just holds him against the fence but gets out struck for one minute each round saff will get dec.

Need to watch tape but great to hear as my gut went with saff. What did story do press him against the fence?

Story 0/6 in tds

Yea , fence , pressure , volume / aggression won it for story

story packs alot of power and was a greater threat on the feet compared to stuns wild striking

Stun gun has never beaten a fighter with tarec's tdd and striking.

The more I've been thinking about it, the more i like Hendricks down at -115ish.

He's lost to strikers. Whens the last time Magny outstruck anyone.

Magny is gonna have a hell of a tough time taking Hendricks down. And if Hendricks wants to put Magny on his back, he probably can

This is assuming Hendricks is in good shape. So buyer beware in that regard.

I'm not some Hendricks nuthugger. I have been against him most of the time over his last 6+ fights. But that's against the cream of the crop.

Yea. Barring Hendricks looking soft/unmotivated, I'm on him at this price point.

Man idk.

Magny never uses his reach. Like ever.

If Hendricks isn't looking fat and shit at weighins and these couple weeks , I think -115 is fine for him... And prolly gets bet

Well...sort of. What Magny does that's effective is that he extends the hand sometimes just as a distraction. It really doesn't do much other than force his opponent to adjust the angle they want to come at him. Then he's pretty good at targeting that spot where they move to in order to throw at him and landing more short punches or elbows there. It's pretty subtle, but he did it against Kelvin a few times. I really don't see Hendricks stopping Magny at all.

Depending on line, I might hedge a bit with Hendricks dec as I think just laying on Magny is his main chance of winning. Tough to do, Magny is good on the ground, but it's Johnny's best path to victory imo. He doesn't have the speed and explosiveness anymore to do what Larkin did imo.

Stun gun has never beaten a fighter with tarec's tdd and striking.
Fair point. This fight is a double edged sword, not much tape to reliably go on for either guy as far as stylistic match up. Just comes down to whether you think Tarec can hold the center and strike or if Kim can get the clinch and work his game

The more I've been thinking about it, the more i like Hendricks down at -115ish.

Magny is gonna have a hell of a tough time taking Hendricks down. And if Hendricks wants to put Magny on his back, he probably can

I'm not some Hendricks nuthugger. I have been against him most of the time over his last 6+ fights. But that's against the cream of the crop.

Yea. Barring Hendricks looking soft/unmotivated, I'm on him at this price point.
EZ, I agree, but don't get too tempted by the price. Hendricks is a "wait for weigh ins" fighter if there ever was one lol

I have Magny at +135 but im very willing to switch sides after some line movement, im hoping that Hendricks line will be at evens later on.

Saff does have very good TDD but he showed almost zero ability to get his back off the cage when Story put him there. I like DHK a lot here, especially since Saff doesn't really have any KO power which is DHKs cryptonite because of how wild and reckless he can be at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back