UFC 207 PBP/discussion

I think we all didn't pay enough mind to Cody having this Conor-esque Diaz-esque mentality where the more confrontational and intense things get, the more comfortable they are. He got out talked before hand, and that stuff works on more chilled fighters like Dillashaw and Faber, but inside the cage where that shit doesn't matter anymore Cody definitely was feeding off the dislike between them much better.

I think you're right. Even in the weigh in stare down you can tell Cody is revelling in the chaos.

I only use betfair xchange, what other options do we have and how do they compare?

there's 3 other major ones, betfair is by far the largest. the alternatives have some pro's and cons though.

betdaq: 2nd biggest one after betfair, they have the same standard 5% commission and are primarilly used for horse racing, also football and tennis. they are pretty much useless for mma however. also like betfair you can reduce the commission you pay the more you bet.

matchbook: have decent liquidity on major sports, not as much as betdaq but more spread out among other sports. US sports markets are more popular on here. they have decent odds for mma at times, but the liquidity is lacking sometimes leaving gaps in the markets. commission is 1.5% on bets you take, 0.75% on bet's you offer that get matched (last time i checked anyway) making them a great alternative for betfair. also the liquidity is often available on here for mma before betfair, although by fight time there's usually more on betfair just because of their customer base.

smarkets: Smarkets is relatively new compared to the other ones 2% base commission, good liquidity on football, tennis,horses. but a limited amounts of smaller markets compared to the others, and most of them aren't worth looking on unless your trying to trade them. It's extremely popular among ppl doing matched betting. again utterly useless for mma, although they did have the rousey/nunes market up yesterday. but I imagine the amounts matched are ridiculously low.

betting on the exchanges for mma is still relatively new (in terms of liquidity available) but over the last year or 2 there have been big improvements, I'm hoping in a couple years it will grow to a point where ppl who have been affected by bookmakers gubbing your accounts (I'm banned on at least 15 books so far, probably more if I count smaller ones) will be able to bet almost exclusively on the exchanges. I know a few ppl here are having similar problems with books.

Bisping and Conor winning titles again this year is a great step forward as this attracted a lot more casuals too the exchange markets. hoping for a few more big events in this part of the world next year.

Last edited:
do you know when this events starts euro time?

will be tough pulling an all nighter and then going to work on monday morning

British time will be around 11pm start i guess. Yeah sunday is fuckin terrible. I will probably stay up all night and go straight to work cos im a complete cunt but ideally i just watch the two fighters i parlay.

there's 3 other major ones, betfair is by far the largest. the alternatives have some pro's and cons though.

betdaq: 2nd biggest one after betfair, they have the same standard 5% commission and are primarilly used for horse racing, also football and tennis. they are pretty much useless for mma however. also like betfair you can reduce the commission you pay the more you bet.

matchbook: have decent liquidity on major sports, not as much as betdaq but more spread out among other sports. US sports markets are more popular on here. they have decent odds for mma at times, but the liquidity is lacking often for big bets. commission is 1.5% on bets you take, 0.75% on bet's you offer that get matched (last time i checked anyway)

smarkets: Smarkets is relatively new compared to the other ones 2% base commission, good liquidity on football, tennis,horses. but a limited amounts of smaller markets compared to the others, and most of them aren't worth looking on unless your trying to trade them. It's extremely popular among ppl doing matched betting. again utterly useless for mma, although they did have the rousey/nunes market up yesterday. but I imagine the amounts matched are ridiculously low.

betting on the exchanges for mma is still relatively new (in terms of liquidity available) but over the last year or 2 there have been big improvements, I'm hoping in a couple years it will grow to a point where ppl who have been affected by bookmakers gubbing your accounts (I'm banned on at least 15 books so far, probably more if I count smaller ones) will be able to bet almost exclusively on the exchanges. I know a few ppl here are having similar problems with books.

Im impressed with matchbooks liquidity they get a lot of money in on mma. Not sure if you can bet 5 figures but a few grand if not much more defo possible on there. I had about 2k on means on there

magny was +270 on betfair exchange after the final bell, great value considering how close the fight was

pretty cool that you can actually bet on the fights while waiting for the scorecards

yeah got kim at +200 after the fight. crazy stuff

Im impressed with matchbooks liquidity they get a lot of money in on mma. Not sure if you can bet 5 figures but a few grand if not much more defo possible on there. I had about 2k on means on there

yeah, I see 4 figure amounts often, but there's relatively large gaps in the markets. but great prices at times comparatively for sure.
also once betfair expand to the US it could be a great money earner for us ITT, that could be a game changer in the long run

Up around 10 units tonight. Picked my spots tonight & didn't spread myself out too much. I was fortunate to get the decision for Magny, but Hendricks didn't do dick in that fight.

I was able to get 1.2 units on Cody after round 1 at +105, the way he was moving & landing shots gave me confidence. Need to see him vs TJ.

It sounds like bookmaker had live betting for the main card, or at least last 2 fights huh? Foolish of me for not checking I could of probably been in on Cody for more if I did.

yeah, I see 4 figure amounts often, but there's relatively large gaps in the markets. but great prices at times comparatively for sure.
also once betfair expand to the US it could be a great money earner for us ITT, that could be a game changer in the long run

Are they defo moving to us market? Any word on pinnacle coming back to uk?

Are they defo moving to us market? Any word on pinnacle coming back to uk?

they already have kind of, this year they started offering a few horse racing markets, but only in new jersey. they're doing it as kind of a trial, I think it went pretty well and they have a deal with a few racecourses now to expand. it's been a pretty big battle for them to get into the US up to now.

dunno about pinnacle...they told me a few weeks ago that it's still there plan to come back to the UK in 2016. I'm not sure what the hold up is, legal shit I assume

Last edited:
So i'm up over 7 units with my round robin on a strong start continuing with WSOF tomorrow....but can someone weep with me over these losses?

Screen_Shot_2016_12_31_at_1_14_26_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_12_31_at_1_14_45_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_12_31_at_1_14_54_AM.png

I would be up $30,000 if Cruz got the job done. I feel sick
Yo Budden if you would have hit this I'd be in a uber black on my way to meet you in Atlantic City. Hit one in the future so I can make that happen.

Yo Budden if you would have hit this I'd be in a uber black on my way to meet you in Atlantic City. Hit one in the future so I can make that happen.
If I would've hit that, at this very moment i'd probably be on those Jon Jones dick pills with 3 hookers in my bed with me

Gonna take a page out of Dominic's book and make no excuses for my losing bet. I will also man up and give you a winning non-MMA sports related today to make up for yesterdays loss.
I was somewhat humbled yesterday after getting over the shock of losing because not only did I give the bet my signed, sealed and delivered guarantee; I laid down a bunch of money on the pick for myself. Losing sucks bigly, but remember this is a marathon and the grind it takes to sustain an overall long term winning strategy is not for the faint of heart. If Nunes gets popped for PEDs in the next little while none of this applies. I will have faith in the UFC management to levy the appropriate response. Let me be clear, I am not in any way accusing Nunes of taking PEDs, but we know fighters are still getting busted i.e Josh Barnett

Check out the non-MMA betting thread to get my "make up" bet. It's one of my exclusive picks which everyone will receive at no cost.

- Barry

So i'm up over 7 units with my round robin on a strong start continuing with WSOF tomorrow....but can someone weep with me over these losses?

Screen_Shot_2016_12_31_at_1_14_26_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_12_31_at_1_14_45_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_12_31_at_1_14_54_AM.png

I would be up $30,000 if Cruz got the job done. I feel sick

That is so fuckng sick mate!

Would be more sick if I won <{boneytears}>

EDIT assuming you meant sick as in NJ slang meaning nice almost cashed parlay, not sick as in one win away from 30k sick lol but its sick either meaning

Sick to stomach being so close to a huge payday...I lost my ass on dom too!

JB....wow bro just wow. I understand losing a parlay cuz of 1 bad leg. But to lose on the leg that should have been the lock of the night....

So sorry for you man...i feel that pain.

Not to be a dick but couldnt you hedge NOT cruz decision for 1-2k at like -200 or so?

JB....wow bro just wow. I understand losing a parlay cuz of 1 bad leg. But to lose on the leg that should have been the lock of the night....

So sorry for you man...i feel that pain.
What makes me the most mad, and not first time i've made this mistake, literally hours before the event I was talking about the unknowns with Cody. In hindsight I think thats another mistake myself and others who went hard on Dom have to recognize, no matter what the fight when there are a lot of question marks going big is dumb. I had like 4.5u on Dom outside of a lotto ticket, did I really have to put that in there? Prob still would've cashed out $15k-$20k easy lol

Back