Not open for further replies.

EzFlyer

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-208-Holm-vs-De-Randamie-56249

4d62a60dd3b74307b6b2a526f998cb66.png

5826.png

Easiest double to pick of the year dont even need to watch tape. Infact i even like a quadruple!

i have so many leans on this card my brain is going to explode, i just need to make sure i have a huge amount to attack a 3 fold i have in mind.

Will be betting Tybura , Porier, Travis (small ) , Glover for sure.
Awesome card .

Awesome card. I cant wait for Brunson smash Anderson Silva.

Anyone else strongly leaning Germaine? I know she hasn't beaten anyone with a winning record in the UFC but the only one she's been matched up with was Nunes. Her striking looks to be much better than Holm's, I do worry about her bottom game but Holly only gets take downs from the clinch where Germaine should have a big advantage. Her strikes will do much more damage than Holm's which is now a big part of the scoring criteria.

I see this going similar to Holm v Shevchenko, though Germaine is muuuuch bigger. I have 2u on her at +100, planning to add 3 more but am expecting the line to get better as Holm is a big name now.

Anyone else strongly leaning Germaine? I know she hasn't beaten anyone with a winning record in the UFC but the only one she's been matched up with was Nunes. Her striking looks to be much better than Holm's, I do worry about her bottom game but Holly only gets take downs from the clinch where Germaine should have a big advantage. Her strikes will do much more damage than Holm's which is now a big part of the scoring criteria.

I see this going similar to Holm v Shevchenko, though Germaine is muuuuch bigger. I have 2u on her at +100, planning to add 3 more but am expecting the line to get better as Holm is a big name now.

still need to watch tape but going off memory i see it pretty much the excact same way.. Germaine also have the height and reach advantage

germaines best win is a split over julie kedzie

germaines best win is a split over julie kedzie

That's definitely a concern for me too. This seems like a pretty good stylistic matchup for Randamie, but you'd have to imagine that Holly is the slightly more well-rounded fighter. Seems like a coin-flip to me, but if money comes in on Holm I'll probably play Germaine.

Idk take what i'm saying with a grain of salt for now as I def need to rewatch Germaine's older fights, but from what I recall shes such a straight forward, muay thai only striker. I think her style is very easy for Jackson-Wink to prepare Holly for. We've already seen Holly's ability to execute a gameplan, and besides that I don't even recall a really significant striking disparity between the two. But again, need to rewatch some fights as its been awhile she did nothing anything but crush Elmose.

Idk take what i'm saying with a grain of salt for now as I def need to rewatch Germaine's older fights, but from what I recall shes such a straight forward, muay thai only striker. I think her style is very easy for Jackson-Wink to prepare Holly for. We've already seen Holly's ability to execute a gameplan, and besides that I don't even recall a really significant striking disparity between the two. But again, need to rewatch some fights as its been awhile she did nothing anything but crush Elmose.

I dunno, Holm hasnt shown she has the ability to adapt to anything other than her beating the air style. She has no jab and Germaine could implement Shev's gameplan. Imma wait for Germaine to be a bigger dog and play this fight. Imo 55/45 in Germaine's favor aswell. Germaine has trouble with grapplers which Holm isnt.

i'm honestly worried about holly going for takedowns (as a potential GDR bettor)

That's definitely a concern for me too. This seems like a pretty good stylistic matchup for Randamie, but you'd have to imagine that Holly is the slightly more well-rounded fighter. Seems like a coin-flip to me, but if money comes in on Holm I'll probably play Germaine.
I would propably hit germain @ +150 or so but att a pic em I will propably put some on Holm, a proven fighter, 5 round championship fight experience and a better camp

i'm honestly worried about holly going for takedowns (as a potential GDR bettor)
She tried a couple times against a tiny Shev when she initiated the clinch iirc. Didnt get em.

I dunno, Holm hasnt shown she has the ability to adapt to anything other than her beating the air style. She has no jab and Germaine could implement Shev's gameplan. Imma wait for Germaine to be a bigger dog and play this fight. Imo 55/45 in Germaine's favor aswell. Germaine has trouble with grapplers which Holm isnt.
Well adapting is a different story than executing a gameplan. I just don't see enough in Germaine's game to make adaptations herself if Holly is executing a gameplan that works, which I think is very likely with the style GDR brings. But yeah if the gameplan fails, I'm not putting it on Holly to be able to find different openings.

Well adapting is a different story than executing a gameplan. I just don't see enough in Germaine's game to make adaptations herself if Holly is executing a gameplan that works, which I think is very likely with the style GDR brings. But yeah if the gameplan fails, I'm not putting it on Holly to be able to find different openings.

When has Holly adapted a gameplan other than trying to keep distance and hitting with the straight left, head kick, 1-2 into the headkick and sidekicks? Her fighting style is so simplistic. Maybe im underrating her but I think I just effectively described her.

Edit: Good shout. Other than Ronda?

Last edited:
When has Holly adapted a gameplan other than trying to keep distance and hitting with the straight left, head kick, 1-2 into the headkick and sidekicks? Her fighting style is so simplistic. Maybe im underrating her but I think I just effectively described her.
Ronda. Another one dimensional fighter who Jackson Wink was able to perfectly gameplan for, and Holly was able to execute flawlessly. But yeah GDR will be harder than that for the sole reason Holly likes to strike, so who knows if the gameplan will involve tds as much as it should

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back