UFC 208 - Holm vs De Randamie - Brooklyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
One person isn't a big enough sample size to say there is anything to this hometown bias stuff.
Bisping has wins over Hamill and robbed American legend Hendo of winning a UFC belt at 58 years old thanks to horrible Brit judges

One person isn't a big enough sample size to say there is anything to this hometown bias stuff.

Never said it did, there was some sarcasm/hoping to my original post. However I would say there could be some truth to judges getting swayed sometimes by crowd reactions.
Bisping/Hammill,
Bisping/Hendo 2 (although I was there and still think Bisping won clearly, others disagree), Pendred/Spencer (In Boston, so loads of love for the leprechauns).
Sanchez/Heid

EDIT:

This is relatively interesting and on topic.
http://www.thestatszone.com/articles/ufc-is-there-really-a-home-advantage

Last edited:

yeah i'm not convinced of this argument either. You could actually make an argument in the opposite direction. Judges don't want to appear biased and carry that with them during judging. Do i think it's likely? no but I also think the evidence that suggests that there is hometown bias rather unconvincing.

Regarding some of the talk

This new little dude seems awesome. Just for talking shit, haven't watched his fights yet. Plus hes a Murican wrassler, this might be my new fave fighter.

I'm opting to just parlay o2.5, but Nover definitely seems to hold some value right now. Glenn is too juiced in what should be a competitive fight.

I love Cannonier but for sure Glover seems like the right play, at least at the moment. Expecting money to come in on him for sure.

Laflare should dominate Roan, especially if he doesn't play around on the ground and just keeps it standing

Keep in mind he didn't wrestle in college. I know an Indiana high school state champ and a runner up who didn't really amount to shit at the college level.

Bisping has wins over Hamill and robbed American legend Hendo of winning a UFC belt at 58 years old thanks to horrible Brit judges

Hendo wasn't a robbery come on. I scored that for Bisping but that's a whole different discussion.

Keep in mind he didn't wrestle in college. I know an Indiana high school state champ and a runner up who didn't really amount to shit at the college level.
Neither did Cody Garbrandt. Definitely makes it hard to cap that area when, like Cody vs Dom, this is the fight that should give us an answer to just how good he is in that department. Even if he looks like a monster on the mat when I tape watch, it'll be hard to look too much into it considering the dudes hes fought but I won't be surprised if he looks really good.

Hendo wasn't a robbery come on. I scored that for Bisping but that's a whole different discussion.
I know just instigating with shots at Bisping UK robberies but I thought it was either a draw or Bisping 48-47

According to Wikipedia,

Holly Holm's boxing record:
33-2-3 (9 KO's and 24 decisions)

Germaine de Randamie's kickboxing record:
37-0-0 (14 KO's and 23 decisions)

Both these ladies in their respective sports won more decisions than KO's. How do you see this one going in a 5 round MMA fight?

Thanks for sharing. This is helpful. I am thinking about playing GDR NSC line. I can see GDR getting the KO but have a hard time imagining HH getting the finish in any way.

GDR coming from a MT background strikes harder and with more ferocity. HH is more of a point styled boxer that is kinda pillow fisted.

The biggest factor IMO in this fight is going to be HH's mental state. She has never been in a situation in her career where she has lost back to back. You can see in her interviews she is pretty down on herself and almost seems depressed.

I have a hard time playing either gal straight up as this fight is close. I tend to favour GDR but if HH comes in focused she could squeak out a decision.

He's -160 now, wtf is going on.Glad I snapped the -150.
It's one of those fights where you either kick yourself afterwards for not going bigger or pat yourself on the back for not going too big - depending on the outcome. Taking a shot from Rumble and coming back so soon is a bit worrying but he's unquestionable the more talented fighter. I'll probably keep it to a 1u play or so though, even w what seems like a gift line

Never said it did, there was some sarcasm/hoping to my original post. However I would say there could be some truth to judges getting swayed sometimes by crowd reactions.
Bisping/Hammill,
Bisping/Hendo 2 (although I was there and still think Bisping won clearly, others disagree), Pendred/Spencer (In Boston, so loads of love for the leprechauns).
Sanchez/Heid

EDIT:

This is relatively interesting and on topic.
http://www.thestatszone.com/articles/ufc-is-there-really-a-home-advantage

Its the judges that can't be trusted ;)

Someone posted that joe rogan quote about one of the female judges asking another judge who do they score the fight for when someone's taken down, she was a boxing judge......

I was reading a Dutch interview with Germaine about this fight, and she said she considers mma a fun hobby. She is actually a police officer in training, that's her actual job.
<{katwhu}>

Confidence increase Holly

Just watched Rick Glenn vs Evan Dunham fight and I think Nover can take this fight to the ground rather easy. He will have an advantage there for sure. Half of the fight Glenn spends on his back trying to survive from chokes. Rick likes to get into the center of the octagon and pressure the opponent but from what I've seen he waits too long to land a shot and as soon as he land it, it seems like there is no threat and power in those punches. Nover can outmove him, he is faster. Even that fight against Yui Chul Nam was way more dangerous for Nover than this one coming. He won that fight by split decision. In my opinion, the opposition he faced (Nam/Tukhugov/Barao) is tougher than Rick Glenn.

I think imma bite Belal at +110 for 2u. Line might get better but its goo enough for me now. I think line gets better once people see size difference at weigh in.

I think imma bite Belal at +110 for 2u. Line might get better but its goo enough for me now. I think line gets better once people see size difference at weigh in.
{<redford}
Agree. Randy will be backing up whole fight. Belal knows he must win this or its bye bye. After juiced favs Belal is my most confident pick on the card.

Belal is gonna be at a major reach disadvantage

I kind of wanna just play the over, but Belal is easily the right side. Brown just lost two rounds to Erick Montano a few months ago. Think the lines are backwards and Belal should be the slight fave

Just made a parlay LaFlare/Reis/Jacare/Glover $600 to win $1962. Seriously I dont see any of the four losing. Would be a shock if it doesnt hit.
When you do a 4 man parlay, it should never be a shock if it doesn't hit. No matter how good your capping is, those 4 man parlays are tough. good luck

Belal is gonna be at a major reach disadvantage
who gives a fuck lol? randy doesnt have the muay thai to benefit from it and belal has hell of a chin. gonna be bad night for randy. brown just isnt that good... i wonder how long time it takes for casuals to understand it. He is just a small hype product of dana white.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back