1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
  2. Hey Guest, The Non Gif Shoop Contest Round 1 is now active, so cast your votes! Non Gif Shoop Contest Round 1 »

UFC 208 pbp/discussion

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

A +14000 line that should've cashed is ruined by a man having severe constipation.....

Now thats some shit (pun intended)

2. LEMONZEST Planning parlays...

Great stuff rebel....once again.... keep sharing man.

3. MidgardSerpent Black Belt

Just finished watching the main event fight, I went to bed just before it yesterday. I guess I'm the only one who's happy GDR won, finally a Dutch champion! XD

Won about $800 on GDR and fight going the distance. Won $1166 overall for this event, but only up $529 for this week, because uhm... I did some stupid stuff earlier this week I promised myself not do anymore (making non-mma bets I know nothing about).

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  4. Officer_Brown The Cuck of MMA betting. Look at my pretty face. Banned

You had a champion while ago - Bas Rutten :)

5. MidgardSerpent Black Belt

That doesn't count, that was before my time. :)

6. NinjaCat456 Green Belt

I got lucky, I didn't read the small print saying over 1.5 decisions on the main card only. In the end it hit easily but would never have lumped on the way I did if I'd read it properly lol.

7. NinjaCat456 Green Belt

Speaking of Bas, if you thought the robberies on last night's card were bad, you should check out his fight against Randleman when he 'won' his UFC title. Probably the worst judging decision in the history of the sport.

8. Officer_Brown The Cuck of MMA betting. Look at my pretty face. Banned

I know that fight yes. I'v even seen it once few yrs ago. Bad decision indeed

9. MMA Goodfella #Engaged + a Joe-Jitsu Piano Belt Capper

In front of the TV waiting for Game of Thrones S8
    OMG that was annoying as always watching Holly fight! She is the Monica Seles of combat sport. Lol
    Would rather have TWoods momma screaming that listen to Holly fight.

10. MMA Goodfella #Engaged + a Joe-Jitsu Piano Belt Capper

In front of the TV waiting for Game of Thrones S8
    I swear, I still don't know a lot of you are saying that Anderson legitimately win that fight and that Brunson was cheated. I mean was it close? Certainly. Was it a robbery? Hell fucking no. The word "robbery" should be used sparingly or else it loses its meaning. It should be used in extreme cases such as Diego Sanchez vs Martin Kampman or Sanchez versus Ross Pearson. Fights where one guy is the victor and everyone knows it's wrong. In this case, people are throwing around the word robbery and being hyperbolic.

First of all, Anderson Silva is 41 fucking years old, the fact that a prime Brunson couldn't put him away or drop him at any point in the fight is an indictment to his own personal failings and not the judges. Second, DB was panic wrestling the entire match. He was getting teed off on with jabs that looked like they were shot from a whaling harpoon and then he would go all Brock Lesnar and panic wrestle. Worse still, he only hit like 2 out of the 11 of TD's and did absolutely no damage at all on the mat. Moreover, the new rules are you have to do something when you have your opponent on the ground or that lay and pray shit doesn't count anymore.

At any rate, rounds one and two were fairly close yet Andy was doing the stalking and Brunson was backing up then panic wrestling. Anderson defended almost all the takedowns and the only damage that he was taking were brief uppercuts in the clinch. None of which caused his 41-year-old knees to buckle. I don't see how anyone can blame the judges for that. Simply put, DB wasn't engaging and a 41-year-old Anderson Silva was chasing him around the cage and shrugging off nearly every single take down that was attempted.

As for Holly and GDR, that's even more of a stretch to say that Holly won that fight. Should a point have been deducted? Yes, that would've been reasonable, but that doesn't mean that Holly won the fight. Again, aside from that head kick, she landed jack shit and was getting lit up on the feet. That was another case of Kampman vs Sanchez except this time the judges got it right. Holly was grunting her way through air punches in her best Leonard Garcia impersonation and the judges just didn't buy that shit.

/Rant

11. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

[​IMG]

all 3 judges gave anderson rd 3.

lmao.

12. LEMONZEST Planning parlays...

I hit Anderson after every round as they kept opening him as the dog. I dunno its hard for me to be objective but I just felt like anderson landed the cleaner shots.

Brunson did mostly clinching and didn't really do much damage. I felt like Anderson won but again its hard to be objective when you have 5u riding on it.

Honestly though Anderson turned that fight into the fight he wanted and thats why I bet him live. It was like mostly staring contest with a little bit of striking a bit of wrestling. Silva honestly thrives in this environment where he doesn't get tired and can just outreflex you and win by landing a few more shots.

13. Officer_Brown The Cuck of MMA betting. Look at my pretty face. Banned

clearly shows that brazil fans are so fucking biased..disgusting. r3 was the most cleanest round for brunson. Insane

14. LEMONZEST Planning parlays...

r 3 was not clearly for brunson. They landed the same amount of sig strikes with Anderson throwing more overall strikes in that round.

http://fightmetric.com/fight-details/d29750cee389a0b9

If we take into account the new rules where take downs and cage control count for next to nothing then it seems pretty fair that Anderson won. Anderson was backing him up for much of the fight.

The overall look of the fight was Anderson being confident and cocky with Brunson kind of backing up.... its a bad look for Brunson which of course matters.

All in all its a close fight but I thnk the right guy won.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  15. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

I was there live and was SHOCKED Anderson won, but one of my buddies actually scored it for Anderson. I've been on the right side of a lot of decisions lately lol hope that continues