UFC 209 - Twood vs Wonderboy II - Vegas (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Action speaks louder than words but of course it's possible. Although I think Woodley don't go for that many takedowns or clinch engages for a reason, he knows that his cardio wont let him do that for 15 or 25 minutes. On a side note Cormier said he's gonna strike with Johnson, you can't always believe what fighters say they're gonna do

This is a fair point. Maybe his cardio cant sustain a wrestling match, this is likely true

Facts are though he easily controlled Wonderboy when they wrestled

So as long as he concentrated on lots of wrestling rounds this camp, his cardio should be improved to wrestle 2 or 3 rounds, if he can wrestle for 3 rounds and bust Thompson up then the fight is already won for him

This is a fair point. Maybe his cardio cant sustain a wrestling match, this is likely true

So as long as he concentrated on lots of wrestling rounds this camp, his cardio should be improved to wrestle 2 or 3 rounds, if he can wrestle for 3 rounds and bust Thompson up then the fight is already won for him
Assuming he can survive the last two rounds when he is completely gassed out from wrestling for 15 minutes. There is a reason Woodley doesn't wrestle and why he is so low output with his striking. His whole game is built around trying to conserve energy. I don't think it is reasonable to suggest that in the past few months he can boost his cardio in such a way that would allow him to dramatically alter his fighting style.

LOL that simple, huh?

Girl fight FOTN +16xx

0.3u

Considering NOT main event FOTN -210

man, oh man. i really hope the dogs are backing tonight.

i'm on 10 dogs and 1 favorite (reem).
(sidenote: i actually have sanders and cooper at -110, but they were the "dog" at the time)

mentally preparing myself to lose a lot of bets tonight, haha.

I'm pretty sure I'm on more dogs this event than I've ever been on in one event. That's over hundreds of events too.

UFC. 209

Main-Event Thompson

Co-Main Conor MgGregor

Rashad 

Teymur

Hunt

Tybura 

Bektić
Sanders

Godbeer
Craig

Soukhamthath

UFC. 209

Main-Event Thompson

Co-Main Conor MgGregor

Rashad 

Teymur

Hunt

Tybura 

Bektić
Sanders

Godbeer
Craig

Soukhamthath
All but Teymur, but I do have a unit on his dec line +650, if Lando cant knock him out he can certainly be out pointed

whoa. spitz nsc is up to +190. godbeer is so finishable..

has someone confident picks?
I have Sanders, Thompson Woodley over 1,5, bektic and Overeem

My thoughts on the heavyweights

Mark Godbeer / Daniel Spitz

The big boys clash when UK's king of surnames Godbeer (11-3) gets to show off his elite striking power against the undefeated American Spitz (5-0).who will is making his octagon debut. At 6'7" tall he is a giant of a man and has some true potential. Working behind a jab and utilizing a strong clinch game where he works a high volume of knees to the midsection, Spitz is a decent talent for the shallow pool that is the heavyweight division. That said, he is incredibly basic in his skill set and extremely foot slow. On top of that his opposition until now has largely consisted of butchers, bakers, and candlestick maker's which has shown us nothing other that at 6'7" Spitz is not just three flyweights in a trenchcoat.

Based on his power and variety of techniques and experience I expect Godbeer to find a way to get his hand raised tonight. Lastly given that Spitz took this fight on short notice I'm concerned with his conditioning on top of the octagon jitters. As such I like the vet.

Tybura / Henrique

It's Russia versus Brazil in heavyweights of prospects as Tybura (14-2) and Henrique (10-2) lock horns tonight. Both fighters possess raw knockout ability and good grappling though each has a distinct advantage over the other in each facet. Specifically, Tybura is the superior striker with far cleaner fundamentals and pure power on the feet. Meanwhile, Henrique is a rare Brazilian in. that he actually prefers to utilize his wrestling and GnP over a straight jujitsu attack. It will be interesting to see which discipline wins out given that Tybura has never been submitted while Henrique has had his lights turned out twice. If Henrique cannot get this fight to mat I believe he will suffer his third career loss by knockout. Unfortunately for Brazil, I believe Tybura can force this fight to remain vertical where he has a significant edge and will demonstrate it tonight.

My thoughts on the heavyweights

Mark Godbeer / Daniel Spitz

The big boys clash when UK's king of surnames Godbeer (11-3) gets to show off his elite striking power against the undefeated American Spitz (5-0).who will is making his octagon debut. At 6'7" tall he is a giant of a man and has some true potential. Working behind a jab and utilizing a strong clinch game where he works a high volume of knees to the midsection, Spitz is a decent talent for the shallow pool that is the heavyweight division. That said, he is incredibly basic in his skill set and extremely foot slow. On top of that his opposition until now has largely consisted of butchers, bakers, and candlestick maker's which has shown us nothing other that at 6'7" Spitz is not just three flyweights in a trenchcoat.

Based on his power and variety of techniques and experience I expect Godbeer to find a way to get his hand raised tonight. Lastly given that Spitz took this fight on short notice I'm concerned with his conditioning on top of the octagon jitters. As such I like the vet. Having said that, the Englishman can be touched and I wouldn't be shocked if he was to be starched.

Tybura / Henrique

It's Russia versus Brazil in heavyweights of prospects as Tybura (14-2) and Henrique (10-2) lock horns tonight. Both fighters possess raw knockout ability and good grappling though each has a distinct advantage over the other in each facet. Specifically, Tybura is the superior striker with far cleaner fundamentals and pure power on the feet. Meanwhile, Henrique is a rare Brazilian in. that he actually prefers to utilize his wrestling and GnP over a straight jujitsu attack. It will be interesting to see which discipline wins out given that Tybura has never been submitted while Henrique has had his lights turned out twice. If Henrique cannot get this fight to mat I believe he will suffer his third career loss by knockout. Unfortunately for Brazil, I believe Tybura can force this fight to remain vertical where he has a significant edge and will demonstrate it tonight.

Betting props on 5Dimes is so frustrating sometimes. I'll bet the limit 2x and then wait for 2 hours (sometimes even more) for the line to reset. If you need to move the line in response to my bets, that's fine, I understand. But reset the damn line in a timely fashion so I can decide whether to lay more.

has someone confident picks?
I have Sanders, Thompson Woodley over 1,5, bektic and Overeem

i have 0 confident picks and i have 25 units spread out over the fights, lmao.

i was confident in ferguson. does that count?

Betting props on 5Dimes is so frustrating sometimes. I'll bet the limit 2x and then wait for 2 hours (sometimes even more) for the line to reset. If you need to move the line in response to my bets, that's fine, I understand. But reset the damn line in a timely fashion so I can decide whether to lay more.

yea it's infuriating. don't get me started on "evaluated" shit, either

Pedro
Iuri
Bektic/Lando parlay
Bektic/Rashad parlay
Tybura itd/ Godbeer itd parlay
Hunt
Calvillo
Woodley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back