UFC 209 - Twood vs Wonderboy II - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go against what appears to be most of the thread and bet Hashad. I know he looked terrible his last time out but I think he has the gas tank and wrestling to grind this one out. He knows it's ride or die time for him and i don' think he's ready he's ready to make commentating his full time gig. I like him here to win against what I were as an average opponent

I will also be on Rashad if people keep betting Kelly and his line improves. Rashad hasn't looked good, but he has been fighting the best of the best. Kelly has kept winning as an underdog, but he has been an underdog in all his fights for a reason as well and the competition looks like the regional scene compared to who Rashad has been fighting (plus up a weight class). His best win is probably Shoeface and he was getting his ass beat iirc. Rashad will be able to dictate where this fight takes place, remember he was a Div 1 wrestler at MSU, he just fell in love with the stand-up over the years. If he wants it to be standing, it will be and he has the speed and striking advantage imo. If Kelly happens to do okay there, then Rashad will be the one in top position. I can't bet a dog just because he has come through as a dog before, every fight is different.

Also I am with Sham, think Bektic blows through Elkins and his 25% tdd. He has one of the most explosive blast doubles in mma right now..

Also think his stand-up is much crisper and he is a great athlete whom we can reasonably expect pretty large improvements from fight to fight.

Last edited:
Unibet has Pedro - Craig over 1.5 @2.62, that's gotta be worth a shot right?
Da fuck? this is a fucking steal. Smash this line like you would smash her. I think they neutralize each other on the ground
Quality-Sexy-Model-Show-Bikini-Swimwear-For-Women-Summer-Beachwear-Swimsuit-Hot-Spring-Bathing-Suits-Blue.jpg

I'm considering a small bet on Craig- can anyone give me reason to reconsider?

Aren't you the one with posts after posts about how you can't understand people getting "the juice" on Khabib, yet you have a problem with people making an argument on an underdog sitting over +400 who has a 64% winning rate as a dog?

Can you not read. I have no problem with people betting elkins thats not my point. My point is mma maths doesnt work. Loads of people are saying elkins beat skelly easy while bektic didnt. It doesnt mean shit

Last edited:
Not saying godbeer is a good fighter but judging him by the Ledet fight is stupid. Ledet is a roider, great boxer with ground game. That spitz guy is a can crusher. Spitz backers I WANNA SEE SOME REAL ARGUMENTS in his favor.

Everyone knows Brits can't cap grappling or attractive women, they simply don't grow up with that in the UK.

I cant take you serious until you post your bets

Edit: think i saw you say you have half a unit on kebab. Not so confident then?

Last edited:
I'm considering a small bet on Craig- can anyone give me reason to reconsider?
Craig is a full time teacher. Most likely trains max 6 times per week. No KO power. Pulled guard against Henrique. Pedros ground game is on different level compared to Craig.

I like wb here but wood ko +550 has to be hit

I just can't get past the fact that on march 4th, it'll be 112 days / 16 weeks since Wonderboy was in the cage taking Woodley bombs and now he's going to do it again. I don't like the sound of that for his brain. He also mentioned the fact that they were going light with the head shots in camp to prevent brain trauma. Good preventative measure of course, but maybe he was also concussed after 205.

Woodley KO seems like a must for me right now

My issue with rashad is him being pulled from his last two fights due to neurological issues apparently. All clear given or not somethings off

I just can't get past the fact that on march 4th, it'll be 112 days / 16 weeks since Wonderboy was in the cage taking Woodley bombs and now he's going to do it again. I don't like the sound of that for his brain. He also mentioned the fact that they were going light with the head shots in camp to prevent brain trauma. Good preventative measure of course, but maybe he was also concussed after 205.

Ive said this before, dude was knocked down twice, he was essentially out on the second KD but his will to not lose is immense and Woodley decided to go for a choke instead of some GnP.

If he can still take the same shot again is to be seen.

Mark Spitz previous opponents records.

He was finished by strikes 2 years ago by 0-0 fighter in an amateur fight

(Colton Vaughn 7-7. Also this fight ended in 6 seconds. Doesn't really count)
Wesley Correira 20-16
Trandon Benson 0-1
Dan Lewis 0-1
Matt Kovac 12-16

giphy.gif

I wouldnt read much into him light sparring he always does that im sure i saw an interview with him before the first fight where he talked about being real careful sparrinh. Id be more concerned if wb had been knocked out a few times in the last few years. He hasnt and he wasnt even knocked out against wood. I could be wrong but i personally think people are reading too much into this

Not saying godbeer is a good fighter but judging him by the Ledet fight is stupid. Ledet is a roider, great boxer with ground game. That spitz guy is a can crusher. Spitz backers I WANNA SEE SOME REAL ARGUMENTS in his favor.
Not backing Spitz, infact have Goodbeer in a parlay but there is a clear path to victory for him. He's a big 6'6 dude with a decent ground game, all you need against Goodbeer. He takes him down, Goodbeer is a fish outta water but Goodbeer needs to win ths or he's cut imo so im betting on his will to win this and not lose his chance in the UFC.

I cant take you serious until you post your bets

Edit: think i saw you say you have half a unit on kebab. Not so confident then?

Good cause that wasn't meant to be serious heh.

Well, atm I have a little over a unit on khabib ITD +350, I'm pretty comfortable with that. If the ML gets below -150 around -130 then I'll take that. I think it's a good fight for live betting honestly, considering tonys great gastank, classic slow starting etc. I am leaving the option open to switch to Tony live.

I forgot who Pedro was but now that I remember him from the Khalil fight I def like him over Bearjew.

Pedro is a lifelong martial artist started training as a young kid. I really like that he upped his training to be at JW. I generally fade aussie and NZ fighters but Pedro is an exception.

I think Pedro is more commited overall to MMA than Bearjew and has put in work.

I'm going to go against what appears to be most of the thread and bet Hashad. I know he looked terrible his last time out but I think he has the gas tank and wrestling to grind this one out. He knows it's ride or die time for him and i don' think he's ready he's ready to make commentating his full time gig. I like him here to win against what I were as an average opponent

Kellys takedown defense is insane. Basically his best area. Sick hips from a life of Judo. Rashad has no knees left, no spring in his shot anymre. If anything, Rashad has to win on the feet with his speed advantage.

Kellys takedown defense is insane. Basically his best area. Sick hips from a life of Judo. Rashad has no knees left, no spring in his shot anymre. If anything, Rashad has to win on the feet with his speed advantage.
LOL which elite takedown artist has he displayed this 'insane' takedown defense against?

LOL which elite takedown artist has he displayed this 'insane' takedown defense against?

The same old tiredl fallacy in this thread. "LOoololo but who has he fought??"

The technique is there, whether he has displayed it against somebody or not.

Mark Spitz previous opponents records.

He was finished by strikes 2 years ago by 0-0 fighter in an amateur fight

(Colton Vaughn 7-7. Also this fight ended in 6 seconds. Doesn't really count)
Wesley Correira 20-16
Trandon Benson 0-1
Dan Lewis 0-1
Matt Kovac 12-16

giphy.gif

The only thing that stands out to me is...

...Cabbage is still fighting!!!! Damn I am old...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back