UFC 209 - Twood vs Wonderboy II - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same old tiredl fallacy in this thread. "LOoololo but who has he fought??"

The technique is there, whether he has displayed it against somebody or not.
ok ... which fights did he display this insane tdd in? enlighten me w your extensive knowledge

ok ... which fights did he display this insane tdd in? enlighten me w your extensive knowledge

Elite TDD? LOL

here he is getting tossed around on TUF and finished.

replace "tube" with "pak" to unblock video in your region if its blocked.

EDIT; Forgot to mention dude had a hurt knee going into the fight,

Last edited:
Elite TDD? LOL

here he is getting tossed around on TUF and finished.

replace "tube" with "pak" to unblock video in your region if its blocked.

But... but... that's a fallacy!

Kelly isn't getting Rashad down, even if Rashad comes out looking a shell of his former self. Hard to see Rashad losing at all despite Kelly's previous success as an underdog. Even the Rashad of now is a humongous step up compared to Kelly's previous opposition.

I think a lot of people don't realize that Bektic has been fighting since at least 2009.

Bektic's management wants him to easily take the belt and stay champion for a long time. That's why they haven't given him top 5 guys yet. They have done a perfect job building him.

As for the Skelly fight, I think Bektic would have taken it 30-27 if not for the illegal knee. Yes Skelly was winning the 2nd round until that point, but it wasn't a blowout and Bektic had plenty of time to take the round back. Viewed overall that fight really wasn't as close as people make it out to be.

Rashad/Kelly is a clear pass for me. I want to be on the Dad Bod train but Rashad has looked fast and hungry in his training videos, I'm not writing him off just yet. That said I also don't trust him with my money, especially for -220.

I don't fault anybody for taking Elkins here, he's the grittiest and most experienced guy Mirsad has fought yet. But I'm a full believer in Bektic, not betting against that kid.

Kelly isn't getting Rashad down, even if Rashad comes out looking a shell of his former self. Hard to see Rashad losing at all despite Kelly's previous success as an underdog. Even the Rashad of now is a humongous step up compared to Kelly's previous opposition.
Agree. This fight is a mis-match for me. Look at their respective records. Rashad should be -500 here. He's going in a few parlays @ -200.

Agree. This fight is a mis-match for me. Look at their respective records. Rashad should be -500 here. He's going in a few parlays @ -200.

Have to say I was shocked when he odds were released, absolute bargain despite Rashad being on the decline. He's faced the elite of the elite.

Man Rashad SHOULD win this, but I can't count out Kelly here, especially with the ?'s surrounding Rashad atm.

In the past 3.5 years Rashad has fought twice. He looked pretty bad against Bader. He was slow, tentative, and seemingly content with losing - did not display any urgency despite clearly being down on the cards. That fight was after a 2 year layoff. He then returned ~ 6 months later to get brutally KOed by Glover in less than 2 minutes.

What information do we have to suggest that this guy has anything left? Saying he has fought good fighters just isn't enough for me. It's about how he looked against those good fighters. He looked bad in his last two fights. Prior to that he beat a career middleweight who was moving up to LHW in Chael Sonnen. He took a split decision off of 43 year old Dan Henderson. Prior to that he lost to Little Nog. Based on all of this I just don't have anything to suggest Rashad is capable of beating even middle of the road UFC talent at this point.

This is not a statement about Dan Kelly's abilities at all. I am just saying there is no reason at all to be confident in Rashad vs anyone.

**edited for grammar

I'd rather lose a hundred on Kelly than lose hundreds backing Rashad as a favorite, straight or in parlays.

Kelly and the over are such easy plays at current odds. Kelly is getting better and better and is rugged as fuck, Rashad hasn't looked good in years

Rashard at 205 got by on his speed and the power-double. He was an ace at the double leg so he'd fake shots and hit guys when they thought he was going to grapple and grappled guys when they thought he was going to strike. But now that he's older he's lost his speed and athleticism.

I think he's still capable of blasting one on Kelly though because Kelly is an old man too. If Kelly was a better counter striker or if he had any distance weapons he could give Shad problems but old man Dan is more of a pressure stylist.

If Kelly is able to turn this fight into a clinch battle and walk Rashard down he could win in that fashion. To make it clinchy he needs to fight at arms length to shorten the distance.

I think if either guy wins it'll be by decision but if a finish materializes it'll be Shad GnP via full mount/back mount. All said, I ain't paying juice on brain damaged Shad face in 2017. I'm kinda considering the o2.5 but I'm not too sure.

PS I've always thought he was overrated. And funny story, back in the day, I bet on him to finish in the 2nd round w some ridiculous odds against Chuck Liddell.

Last edited:
To those betting on Kelly- what are you capping this fight? Surely you can't just be fading Rashad blindly

IMG_1620.PNG

Dis what I got so far. Bektic isn't much of a play now at -600 but I got him parlayed in his opener. Hunt could lose a distance battle but he needs just 1 clean shot. Fergie alternative play is the o3.5 and I would've preferred WB/Tyron closer to evens than his current lame price.

I personally don't rate the betting potential on this card too highly but I feel solid on my Tybur/Bektic/Lando parlay at their openers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back