1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFC 209 - Twood vs Wonderboy II - Vegas

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Feb 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

This post is just ridiculous on all levels. Again, you throw out a strawman due to your lack of reading comprehension. Where did I say that you said "there was no value on betting Elkins". Honestly, how do you even get that from the post you quoted? And you say I'm making shit up? Lol. The point of the post is that there is validity to talking about Bektic vs. Skelly as Skelly is the most similar opponent to Elkins and Bektic's toughest test. Elkins vs. Skelly is relevant because it shows one of the countless examples of Elkins playing spoiler as the underdog and excelling against the same level of competition that Bektic has faced. Not that hard to comprehend.

As for your second paragraph, here is the translation: MMA math only works when I use it. I also like how you conveniently disregard their 4th common opponent.

2. Agent Mulder Black Belt

Sham and Oblivian right now:

[​IMG]

3. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Agree to disagree.

I disregard the MJ fight cos Ferg broke his arm in r1. Most people would have quit he took the L like a man.

4. cCrown Blue Belt

5. Stunna77 Brown Belt

To be be fair that now 46-year old Dan Henderson just gave the current MW champ, the division that this fight is taking place in, all he could handle....and Chael beat him as well. Dan Kelly gets smoked by everyone you just mentioned.

6. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Yessssss fights with out me im so mature now <{anton}>

7. Ukram Silver Belt

The real winner is Elkins via tattoo

[​IMG]

8. cCrown Blue Belt

I think i agree to a certain extent with firas in regards to the rda-ferguson fight. The eye poke could have potentially played a significant factor in rda's performance. I remember watching the rda fight and thinking that he looked worse after the eye poke.

Now of course you can also attribute that to ferguson making adjustments, which is what i'm leaning towards but I just think caution is warranted when it comes to judging that fight and what you can take away from it.

9. Cptn1NSAN0 shows no mercy

He may as well have gotten Anton Chigurh's face (behind him) tattooed on his chest. At least that would be a cool reference.

10. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

I disagree. Ferg was all over RDA in round 2 before the eye poke. And although i think he clearly lost r3 a lot of people including the judges thought RDA won r3, so it's not like he completely flaked out after the eye poke. RDA has also gone to WW - if he won i bet he wouldn't have. I don't think you move up a weight class if you think you lost a fight due to an eye poke.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  11. Cptn1NSAN0 shows no mercy

Bro what are your plays for Bektic/Elkins and Vannata/Teymur

12. Ukram Silver Belt

Any source on her full time job?

Her ufc profile claims she had an office job before doing mma properly, would not surprise me if many fighters work full or part time bit like stipe as a fireman.

13. cCrown Blue Belt

No he definitely didn't completely flake out but that is not to say it didn't have an impact. The one thing I do know is that eye pokes can be disruptive in varying degrees and the only one who knows how much impact it had is rda.

I basically agree with you like I said earlier that I lean towards ferguson just making the proper adjustments. I just think some level of caution is in order here.

14. Stunna77 Brown Belt

To play devil's advocate, I do not think Rashad would be working to cut to 185 if he had lost the fire. At his age he has to be dedicated to be willing to do that. I do not think he needs the money, etc.

15. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Been posting infrequently recently but today is tape watch time so I should be in here posting thoughts on most, if not all, of the fights

I think right now you have to play Elkins, or Do what I preached last week which is bet the prospect by decision in a big step up. Will decide which of those I want to do after tape watch.

Lando vs Teymur I really need to review some Teymur footage. Right now I def lean Lando but he still has some stuff to prove before touching that moneyline price.

16. Stunna77 Brown Belt

Cavillo/Cooper - I think Cavillo uses her superior wrestling and grappling to ground Cooper repeatedly throughout the fight to either take a dec or late stoppage. She has been content to stand with opponents at times, but I am hoping that is due to her trying to get more comfortable with her stand-up against over-matched opponents and she goes back to her strengths here. I have 1u on Cavillo at +100.

17. iGnP Silver Belt

What the fuck! That was some WWE shit

18. AffectEffect Banned Banned

Not only is what you are saying verifiably false, you are blind to the hypocrisy within your own post. Seriously, step back take a deep breath and re-read that.

You have to be objective about both fighters, but you seem more interested in touting a pick and being subjective to one side.

19. Card Silver Belt

Kelly is a southpaw, the more active striker, also has solid takedowns and on a 3 fight win streak.... momentum is everything.

20. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Elkins is one common opponent. When I'm talking about Ferg we have three common opponents. You can start to build a far clearer picture when you compare three common opponents as opposed to one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.