UFC 210 - DC vs AJ 2 - Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know how people can feel so comfortable saying Cummins will win, he's the definition of a dude who loses or comes close fights he should win.

Its a damn toss up, Cummins is chinny, and Jan's stand up is superior. Jan has terrible TDD and Cummins wrestling is superior.

If I was gonna bet this, I'd bet Jan at closer to evens. Id trust the dude with less chin issues, better standup more and a possibility of winning the fight at any moment before the three rounds are over.

But both are too damn flaky for me to bet.

That Aldana price was tempting but I'm going to pass. Chook is the more well rounded fighter and will have a significant edge on the ground if it goes there. On the feet I expect it to be close but Chook will be the one coming forward, judges will like that and she'll have the crows on her side. Chook won't have to worry about the TD like she had to her last two fights, she'll be able to let her hands go and I expect her to be the one trying to initiate the grappling. Chook trains at Nick Catone's MMA and other gyms in the Jersey area. Aldana trains at that Lobo's gym in Mexico with Grasso.

Maybe we didn't see the best Aldana because it was here debut. Leslie Smith looked good in that fight and she tagged Aldana a lot. 11 sig strikes absorbed per minute in that fight, extremely high, she took a beating. I never rated Leslie Smith very highly, not even as a striker. Aldana looked good against everyone that wasn't Tonya Evinger in Invicta. Everytime she's fought a named a named opponent she gotten worked. I'm just more impressed with Chook I think she's takes the W but I'm not betting her.

I have no idea how you can say this when everyone he was suppose to beat he absolutely dominated lol

- Lil Nog? - Massive favorite
- Feijao - Came close to losing this one if memory sevres correct.

And thats just his last 2/3.

I dont know how people can feel so comfortable saying Cummins will win, he's the definition of a dude who loses or comes close fights he should win.

Its a damn toss up, Cummins is chinny, and Jan's stand up is superior. Jan has terrible TDD and Cummins wrestling is superior.

If I was gonna bet this, I'd bet Jan at closer to evens. Id trust the dude with less chin issues, better standup more and a possibility of winning the fight at any moment before the three rounds are over.

But both are too damn flaky for me to bet.

It's not a lock by any means. I am pretty much just betting on wrestling over striking here. I think a pretty good chinny wrestler will beat an average striker. However, I agree I won't really be surprised if Jan edges 2 rounds.

Lil Nog exposed him as the bum he is. But literally all of his wins, including Feijao, he absolutely dominated. And all of his other losses he wasn't favored to win

if Cummins wins, it will be by decision, there is no way Cummins finishes Blachowicz, he has an amazing chin.

Lil Nog exposed him as the bum he is. But literally all of his wins, including Feijao, he absolutely dominated. And all of his other losses he wasn't favored to win
Didnt Feijao hurt him bad? In like the second or something. He did get wrestlefucked and got finished in the third but iirc Feijao hurt him bad.

Didnt Feijao hurt him bad? In like the second or something. He did get wrestlefucked and got finished in the third but iirc Feijao hurt him bad.
Feijao tagged him a few times but he still got massacred by murican wrasslin

Is MMA Gambling Expert touting Green? As you know I only tout dogs and I hit a high percentage, Green is going through final stages of approval, expect an incoming expert play.

Is MMA Gambling Expert touting Green? As you know I only tout dogs and I hit a high percentage, Green is going through final stages of approval, expect an incoming expert play.

I wouldn't be surprised if Green gets finished, but the most likely outcome it's him losing by DEC

This bet would be very #edgy. Nothing says 'I want back in the HOF' like #edgy moves

yeah but nog is a better striker than Jan and lil nog wasn't probably afraid of getting taken down.
Jan however does not want to get taken down, that's why he trains with a polish elite wrestler.

This bet would be very #edgy. Nothing says 'I want back in the HOF' like #edgy moves
100%, you know I love going against the grain, underdogs are my money makers. I'm known for my edgy picks such as Teymur and Barroso. Almost no one picked them to win outright like myself. I only play dogs I have confidence in, it's about more than just potential value. I'm a very precise bettor and I pick my spots carefully. Due diligence as Gamblou would say.

i really don't think a fight from 2010 is all that relevant, frankly

and i'm someone who thinks jacare is the best 185 on the planet, for the record

sorry, what? he got ko'd 24 seconds into the third...
I like you

Reviewing footage on Cummins.

His fight with Nog was back and forth. Each fighter having their moments. A clean 2 piece wobbled Cummins and Nog swarmed landing bomb after bomb, but only prompting a standing TKO. No shame there.

Against DC, DC did what DC does. Clinch early, beat him up with short hooks and uppercuts, bada-bing bada-boom. IIRC Cummins took that fight on super short notice too.

Against OSP it looked like Cummins was doing his thing. He used his strikes to get inside and get the takedowns, which looked effortless but couldn't land in position to keep OSP down. During an exchange OSP caught him with a clean uppercut and sat him down.

Against Glover..... for some reason he chose to stay at range and make the fight a shootout. Not exactly a good plan against a guy like Glover. Aside from a few takedowns, Cummins wasn't able to accomplish much else. Glover pretty much clobbered him, and Cummins didn't look like he had confidence slugging it out against a proven slugger like Glover.

The fights Cummins won in the UFC were clinics. He works at a quick pace and keeps the pressure on his opponents.

Looking at Jan Blachowicz, A LOT of his wins were in the KSW organization against guys who don't even have their own wikipedia pages. That doesn't inspire a narrative into great competition being fought. In his previous fights, it looks like he has no idea how to stop a takedown, or what to do to get back to his feet. Alexander Gustaffsen took him down at will. I compare Blachowicz to a poor mans Cyril Diabate. An opponent Gustaffsen also torched on the ground.

We all know what happened in his fight with Gustaffsen. Alex got lit up a bit on the feet, but that's because he frequently backed up with his chin high and hands low. He ended up using trips and double leg takedowns to GnP the piss out of Jan. Jan pretty much held on for dear life.

Jan definitely looks like a fighter that is 2-3 in the UFC against middle-of-the-road competition. His most notable wins in MMA are against Houston Alexander (by decision lol), Goran Reljic, and winning a rematch against Sokoudjou. After watching tape on both fighters again, I feel about 85% confident picking Cummins.

Cummins isn't the best striker, and IMO the talk about him being chinny is a bit overstated given the competition and types of fighters he's faced in the UFC. On the other side of the tracks Blachowicz is a decent range fighter, but has almost literally zero ground game at all.

As long as Cummins doesn't hold his hands down and get into a shootout, I expect him to work his way inside and throw Blachowicz around the cage and cruising to a 30-27 decision.

Reviewing footage on Cummins.

His fight with Nog was back and forth. Each fighter having their moments. A clean 2 piece wobbled Cummins and Nog swarmed landing bomb after bomb, but only prompting a standing TKO. No shame there.

Against DC, DC did what DC does. Clinch early, beat him up with short hooks and uppercuts, bada-bing bada-boom. IIRC Cummins took that fight on super short notice too.

Against OSP it looked like Cummins was doing his thing. He used his strikes to get inside and get the takedowns, which looked effortless but couldn't land in position to keep OSP down. During an exchange OSP caught him with a clean uppercut and sat him down.

Against Glover..... for some reason he chose to stay at range and make the fight a shootout. Not exactly a good plan against a guy like Glover. Aside from a few takedowns, Cummins wasn't able to accomplish much else. Glover pretty much clobbered him, and Cummins didn't look like he had confidence slugging it out against a proven slugger like Glover.

The fights Cummins won in the UFC were clinics. He works at a quick pace and keeps the pressure on his opponents.

Looking at Jan Blachowicz, A LOT of his wins were in the KSW organization against guys who don't even have their own wikipedia pages. That doesn't inspire a narrative into great competition being fought. In his previous fights, it looks like he has no idea how to stop a takedown, or what to do to get back to his feet. Alexander Gustaffsen took him down at will. I compare Blachowicz to a poor mans Cyril Diabate. An opponent Gustaffsen also torched on the ground.

We all know what happened in his fight with Gustaffsen. Alex got lit up a bit on the feet, but that's because he frequently backed up with his chin high and hands low. He ended up using trips and double leg takedowns to GnP the piss out of Jan. Jan pretty much held on for dear life.

Jan definitely looks like a fighter that is 2-3 in the UFC against middle-of-the-road competition. His most notable wins in MMA are against Houston Alexander (by decision lol), Goran Reljic, and winning a rematch against Sokoudjou. After watching tape on both fighters again, I feel about 85% confident picking Cummins.

Cummins isn't the best striker, and IMO the talk about him being chinny is a bit overstated given the competition and types of fighters he's faced in the UFC. On the other side of the tracks Blachowicz is a decent range fighter, but has almost literally zero ground game at all.

As long as Cummins doesn't hold his hands down and get into a shootout, I expect him to work his way inside and throw Blachowicz around the cage and cruising to a 30-27 decision.

Ma' man. Elite breakdown and agree 100% if jan wins i will eat my socks.

Ma' man. Elite breakdown and agree 100% if jan wins i will eat my socks.
Thank you sir. I'm far from elite, but I'm working my way in that direction slowly but surely.

I can't belive Cummins is in the +100 to +110 range.

I'm making my pick this Friday. If you miss my exclusive free pick that's on you. The only handicapper willing to offer $250 money back guarantee so you know I don't play around fellas.
Suffice to say "be there or be square" (no pun intended)

- Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back