UFC 211 - Stipe vs JDS II - Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fully expect it to hit the ground
Fully expect Mas to chill and survive

giphy.gif

Not sure why maia getting so much love here. He's 39 and has horrible stand up.

He has no single or double leg. Doesn't have a great chin. And he's fighting killer masvidal . Not take 2 rds off gunshy complacent masvidal.

Gonna watch some Maia tape today so I can figure out why people think he's going to beat prime gamebred

Fully expect it to hit the ground
Fully expect Mas to chill and survive
Fully remember Yakolev, Laflare, Fitch, Brown, Gunnar and Rory surviving rounds with Maia on them

Flash sub doesn't scare me it's the grind that does

I agree Mas could very well survive on the mat if he plays strictly defense, however that means he probably loses that round. This is what happened with 5/6 examples you posted above and they lost the fight. I was just saying if you think this fight hits the ground, it would be unwise to place a large wager on Masvidal.

I personally like a play on Maia's ML and a flyer on Mas rd 3 +1325, that is how I have bet it so far. Could see Mas losing the first two rounds as we talked about, by surviving on the mat, and then putting away a fading Maia in the 3rd.

He has no single or double leg. Doesn't have a great chin. And he's fighting killer masvidal . Not take 2 rds off gunshy complacent masvidal.

Gonna watch some Maia tape today so I can figure out why people think he's going to beat prime gamebred

maia.jpg
start with his 4 most recent fights and you will get an idea why people are a bit excited about Maia at + money.

I agree Mas could very well survive on the mat if he plays strictly defense, however that means he probably loses that round. This is what happened with 5/6 examples you posted above and they lost the fight. I was just saying if you think this fight hits the ground, it would be unwise to place a large wager on Masvidal.

I personally like a play on Maia's ML and a flyer on Mas rd 3 +1325, that is how I have bet it so far. Could see Mas losing the first two rounds as we talked about, by surviving on the mat, and then putting away a fading Maia in the 3rd.

Exactly how I played it. Also took a tiny stab at draw in case Maia wins the first two rounds and Mas pulls off a 10-8 round three.

Fully agree with everything you typed mate
I'm just firmly on the thinking of rounds starting on the feet and masvidal making it ugly as fuck when it's there
I don't trust Maias gas tank and I this fight is like the damn Super Bowl to Jorge

I feel sorry for people that are betting on Maia, you guys have no idea what you are getting yourselves into, this isn't a close fight, Masvidal is gonna beat the brakes of him.

I'm expecting my biggest W yet from this event, so many strong leans, I'm just on another level.

#BeatMeIfYouCan #ComingForThisW #CantBeStopped #DontMessWithSuccess #BreakingRecords #ShowRespect

Fully agree with everything you typed mate
I'm just firmly on the thinking of rounds starting on the feet and masvidal making it ugly as fuck when it's there
I don't trust Maias gas tank and I this fight is like the damn Super Bowl to Jorge

I am definitely intrigued to see how this fight plays out. If Mas can win this fight he moves into the legit contender tier at 170. He isn't there for me yet, even though I was impressed with his performance against Cowboy. Good luck either way!

I feel sorry for people that are betting on Maia, you guys have no idea what you are getting yourselves into, this isn't a close fight, Masvidal is gonna beat the brakes of him.

I'm expecting my biggest W yet from this event, so many strong leans, I'm just on another level.

#BeatMeIfYouCan #ComingForThisW #CantBeStopped #DontMessWithSuccess #BreakingRecords #ShowRespect

How many units do you have on Mas?

Really thought you were turning the corner and would actually be posting more analysis, but appears you've gone full Barry again.

Have you ever wrestled before in your life? Maia's single is amazing. The fact he's taken down so many guys just by grabbing it and running the pipe speaks volumes to how good his single leg is

How many units do you have on Mas?

Really thought you were turning the corner and would actually be posting more analysis, but appears you've gone full Barry again.
I've posted my analysis for this fight several times already, its obvious as to how Masvidal will win, like I said nightmare match up for old Maia. Not only will Masvidal win this fight, he will win the title, I will bet him against anyone at 170 from now on, he's the best, don't doubt, the past is the past. Just like I predicted Nunes Success last year, I am doing the same with Masvidal this year. People will think I'm being overconfident and cocky but I'm really not, this will be an easy W

#BetOnSuccess #ShowRespect

I've posted my analysis for this fight several times already, its obvious as to how Masvidal will win, like I said nightmare match up for old Maia. Not only will Masvidal win this fight, he will win the title, I will bet him against anyone at 170 from now on, he's the best, don't doubt, the past is the past. Just like I predicted Nunes Success last year, I am doing the same with Masvidal this year. People will think I'm being overconfident and cocky but I'm really not, this will be an easy W

#BetOnSuccess #ShowRespect
Lol he got beat by Larkin what last year? Been taken down and dropped like 50 times in the last 3 years. Why the hype? Because he beat Ellenberger and a weakened Cowboy and said some cool things?

Last edited:
View attachment 224777
start with his 4 most recent fights and you will get an idea why people are a bit excited about Maia at + money.
Have you ever wrestled before in your life? Maia's single is amazing. The fact he's taken down so many guys just by grabbing it and running the pipe speaks volumes to how good his single leg is
Maybe I'm forgetting something, but I remember most of his takedowns coming from the clinch?

I have a bad memory when it comes to things I deem unimportant therefore I usually watch the tape before I comment or bet for that matter. Too much marijuana use back in the days

There is literally no rebuttal to this. Maia grabs the single and it is unreal how he doggedly drives through for TD'S. His chain wrestling is amazing.

And this is from a guy who did actually bet the Mas KO prop LOL.

Also:

I like the Mas KO prop at the odds I got but that's because I think that IF Mas wins it's so likely via KO. I'm also on Maia ML at +115.

And I'm gonna say this too: we are slaves to recency. If you flipped the dates on Maia/Condit and Mas/Cowboy there's NO chance Maia would be at dog odds. None. We just remember better what happened more recently and it clouds our judgement.

Lol he got beat by Larkin what last year? Been taken down and dropped like 50 times in the last 3 years. Why the hype? Because he beat Ellenberger and a weakened Cowboy and said some cool things?
Like I said the past is the past and that Larkin fight could have gone either way, Masvidal last 3 losses are all split decisions, you could argue he won all 3. Maia is overrated at this point, he's been getting good style match ups, beating grapplers and strikers with no TDD. Against the wrong style match ups, Maia gets rekt.

Masvidal's toughest fights at 170 are Larkin and Wonderboy, and Larkin is gone. Maia is easy work, believe me.

#NotCockyJustConfident

Like I said the past is the past and that Larkin fight could have gone either way, Masvidal last 3 losses are all split decisions, you could argue he won all 3. Maia is overrated at this point, he's been getting good style match ups, beating grapplers and strikers with no TDD. Against the wrong style match ups, Maia gets rekt.

Masvidal's toughest fights at 170 are Larkin and Wonderboy, and Larkin is gone. Maia is easy work, believe me.

#NotCockyJustConfident
But Masvidal gets taken down in like every fight. Ross Pearson took him down twice (<31>) now he's fighting a guy who can actually wrestle and will have a big size advantage.

<{clintugh}>

nevermind your join date says everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back