UFC 211 - Stipe vs JDS II - Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
<{clintugh}>

nevermind your join date says everything
Lol what does my join date has to do with my memory?

I've seen so many fights I just don't remember some of the details about fighters and get them mixed up with other people. I'm new to betting, but I'm sure not new to mma.

I know his stand up is horrible. Improved, but still horrible.

Excuse me for my mistake, your eliteness

But Masvidal gets taken down in like every fight. Ross Pearson took him down twice (<31>) now he's fighting a guy who can actually wrestle and will have a big size advantage.
It's gonna be what it's gonna be, Masvidal is the future champ, Maia is a 40 year old family man.

I hope you are not betting Maia, this would be very disappointing. You impressed me last event with your W, I was hoping you had another winning +money play this week. Aonther W and I will have to start taking you very seriously, I might even recommend Budden to induct you into the HOF sometime. However if you back Maia it would be a massive step in the wrong direction. Masvidal will make you rich, Maia will make you a broke bum, facts are facts.

Last edited:
Why is fight pass on iOS 1 million times better than fight pass on my fire stick?

I can't find anything on the firestock and have to watch most of the fights on my phone

Lol what does my join date has to do with my memory?

I've seen so many fights I just don't remember some of the details about fighters and get them mixed up with other people. I'm new to betting, but I'm sure not new to mma.

I know his stand up is horrible. Improved, but still horrible.

Excuse me for my mistake, your eliteness
maia's stand up is decent. i wouldn't say it is HORRIBLE (michael mcbride level). He has tight defense. He is not a KO artist but he isn't getting KO'd too. He has been stopped by strikes just once in his career against prime Nate and we know how hard prime Nate hits. Masvidal is not a one punch killer. In that regards Masvidals striking is less dangerous for Maia than Woodley's

Very disappointed in my elite betting crew for playing Maia, you guys playing for team L
lol Matt Schnell.

Most elite bettors are on Maia's side. Seems like you and some average bettors are on Mas. Just forget your Mas bet and jump on the Maia wagon

IDK if its the annoying banter regarding the topic or if I really dont have a strong enough lean on the fight, but I really feel like passing on the Maia/Masvidal fight now

I'm on Jotko too, but starting to hate how often he is content to back up and how hittable he can be once his opponents close distance. But Branch doesn't really have a great pressure game

lol Matt Schnell.

Most elite bettors are on Maia's side. Seems like you and some average bettors are on Mas. Just forget your Mas bet and jump on the Maia wagon
Turn back while you still can, you know I respect you as an elite bettor but this is not an elite play. I have told you all that Masvidal is the future champ, there you go, case closed. If you bet against Masvidal you are betting against success, Maia isn't a bum but he's going to look like a broke bum when he fights Masvidal.

Anyone else fading Branch? Imo he looks bad on tape. His wins over bums are so overated. He is just Will brooks 2.0 coming to the ufc and will be exposed quickly

Turn back while you still can, you know I respect you as an elite bettor but this is not an elite play. I have told you all that Masvidal is the future champ, there you go, case closed. If you bet against Masvidal you are betting against success, Maia isn't a bum but he's going to look like a broke bum when he fights Masvidal.
I cant turn around anymore. I have Maia in my mega parlay. Need to pray for the god

maia's stand up is decent. i wouldn't say it is HORRIBLE (michael mcbride level). He has tight defense. He is not a KO artist but he isn't getting KO'd too. He has been stopped by strikes just once in his career against prime Nate and we know how hard prime Nate hits. Masvidal is not a one punch killer. In that regards Masvidals striking is less dangerous for Maia than Woodley's

After watching some tape, it isn't horrible. He seems like he dropped the legs kicks after Nate knocked him out. His boxing is serviceable. He's always looking for that takedown and doesn't overcommit.

He moves out of the way of punches but when he gets tired he goes straight back. He really just uses his boxing to set up distance for a well timed shot.

He does actually shoot for the takedown and has a pretty good single leg. He sticks with it and is pretty good in scrambles. Good grappling overall.

His td percentage is at 42%. Seemed better than that skimming through his last few fights. When he gets tired, they aren't nearly as good. And he does get tired

After watching some tape, it isn't horrible. He seems like he dropped the legs kicks after Nate knocked him out. His boxing is serviceable. He's always looking for that takedown and doesn't overcommit.

He moves out of the way of punches but when he gets tired he goes straight back. He really just uses his boxing to set up distance for a well timed shot.

He does actually shoot for the takedown and has a pretty good single leg. He sticks with it and is pretty good in scrambles. Good grappling overall.

His td percentage is at 42%. Seemed better than that skimming through his last few fights. When he gets tired, they aren't nearly as good. And he does get tired

You cant just go off % stats. He fought at mw remember dont think he got silva or weidman down that will skew that %

Hasnt maia been kod once? And mas has barely any ko wins. No lean from me but i think mas being a huge ko threat is being overplayed. Suppose he did drop pearson and al but they are 155ers

Maia has "good grappling overall" about the same as Usain Bolt is a "fast sprinter overall".

Hasnt maia been kod once? And mas has barely any ko wins. No lean from me but i think mas being a huge ko threat is being overplayed. Suppose he did drop pearson and al but they are 155ers

He dropped Al Iaquinta, Pearson, Ellenberger, Cerrone...

Agreed. Before starching Ellenberger and Cerrone, 8 out of his 9 previous fights went the distance, with his only KO being over a chinny Mutante. Right before that decision streak he only tapped Chiesa after another 8 fight decision streak. Has Masvidal suddenly turned into a KO artist because of his fights with post-prime Ellenberger and a wreckless Cowboy? The $$$ I have on Maia says that I'm not convinced of that. I'm just as much a fan of Masvidal as anyone, but I don't understand playing him as the favorite in a 3 rounder against Maia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back