UFC 213 - Nunes vs Shevchenko II - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
they were supposed to fight three or four months ago and robbie backed out because he was not right. iirc, he has taken over 500 head shots in the last three years and is coming off a brutal one punch ko.

he could be finished

Robbie is coming off almost a year's layoff after that knockout, and Cerrone is coming off of being finished by Masvidal twice in January, which itself was a short turnaround from taking a beating from Brown.

As far as I'm concerned concerns over chins are a wash.

IDK about anyone else, but I cap Cerrone at around +300. Lawler is going to be facing manslaughter charges.

yea i think that's a bit off. lawler has had 2 minutes of cage time in the past 18 months..

way too risky.

Yeah true, if it was about +200 then it would probably be worth a bet. Still think that Nunes rounds 1/2 is the way to go if you are going to play her or just Nunes ITD.

Yeah true, if it was about +200 then it would probably be worth a bet. Still think that Nunes rounds 1/2 is the way to go if you are going to play her or just Nunes ITD.
Idk about that. Sometimes you have to consider things a little outside the box, I guess you could say. For instance, both Nunes and ATT HAVE to know upon reflecting on the first fight that improving Nunes cardio is priority number one. Nunes has said some dumb shit about not being able to figure it out, but I have to trust arguably the best team on Earth is going to do everything they can to figure this out heading into this fight.

One of those things where i'll wait for interviews and think they can provide some valuable insight into capping this fight. I get everyone still talking about Nunes' cardio heading into this, I just have a hard time believing the coaches at ATT aren't well aware that is her biggest flaw heading into this and trying to improve upon it. And all it might take is just enough improvement to win the first 3 rounds and survive.

yea i think that's a bit off. lawler has had 2 minutes of cage time in the past 18 months..
I don't rate Cerrone's chances well against anyone with good TDD and good boxing. Lawler has both. I give Cerrone a 25% chance, I think that's fair.

I don't rate Cerrone's chances well against anyone with good TDD and good boxing. Lawler has both. I give Cerrone a 25% chance, I think that's fair.

Are you not worried about the damage Robbies been taking? I might just end up playing this one FDNGTD cause im really not sure where either fighter is...

Are you not worried about the damage Robbies been taking? I might just end up playing this one FDNGTD cause im really not sure where either fighter is...
Like I said up the page, not more than I'm worried about the danger Cerrone's been taking.

Robbie is coming off almost a year's layoff after that knockout, and Cerrone is coming off of being finished by Masvidal twice in January, which itself was a short turnaround from taking a beating from Brown.

As far as I'm concerned concerns over chins are a wash.

hes taking over 500 head shots in the last three years

that is a serious concern

hes taking over 500 head shots in the last three years

that is a serious concern
I'm not his doctor, I'm a guy looking at the style matchup and not seeing a lot of good outcomes for Cowboy. Yes, it's a serious concern, but mostly for his long term health.

no that was what he went off as
According to Tapology he was +330 the first go round, and +145 the second, according to BFO he was +280 and +130. Where are you getting +400 from?

And all it might take is just enough improvement to win the first 3 rounds and survive.
Winning the first three rounds doesn't matter if r4 and r5 are both 10-8's. New scoring system.

I'm not his doctor, I'm a guy looking at the style matchup and not seeing a lot of good outcomes for Cowboy. Yes, it's a serious concern, but mostly for his long term health.

no.

a fighter wakes up one day and hes done.

bigfoot silva is a very good example of this, josh kosheck, gray maynard

probably robbie lawler, too

According to Tapology he was +330 the first go round, and +145 the second, according to BFO he was +280 and +130. Where are you getting +400 from?

because thats what i bet him at in the first fight

there will be others here on sherdog that bet him the same

no.

a fighter wakes up one day and hes done.

bigfoot silva is a very good example of this, josh kosheck, gray maynard

probably robbie lawler, too

So why don't you have these concerns over Cerrone?

Winning the first three rounds doesn't matter if r4 and r5 are both 10-8's. New scoring system.

you actually had to go to tapology?

you obvioulsy dont remember what the odds of the lawler/rory first fight was because you didnt bet it and now you are doubting someone that did?

iirc, i believe lawler was even in the +450s at some point

dont come across here as some fuken know-it-all being new to the forum

youll get fuken wrecked

you actually had to go to tapology?

you obvioulsy dont remember what the odds of the lawler/rory first fight was because you didnt bet it and now you are doubting someone that did?

iirc, i believe lawler was even in the +450s at some point

dont come across here as some fuken know-it-all being new to the forum

youll get fuken wrecked

The reason that people are asking you why you thought Lawler was +400 is that we were talking about the second Rory fight, you dip.

because robbie lawler didnt want to fight cerrone when the fight was first made. he actually told that to donald to his face

Cerrone is a stupid motherfucker that doesn't have any respect for his long term health, as evidenced by his taking the Masvidal fight a month and a half after the Brown fight.

The reason that people are asking you why you thought Lawler was +400 is that we were talking about the second Rory fight, you dip.

well i was talking about the first fight you moron

lmfao, looking up tapology because you dont remember the lawler/rory line in the first fight and all you posts on this thread you come across as some know-it-all

and not factoring the damage that lawler has taken...the fact that he backed out of the cerrone fight...the fact that he was having problems wiht his head training before the cerrone fight...just shows that you dont follow this sport very well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back