10184359.jpg

10184353.jpg

10184350.jpg

10184347.jpg

10184344.jpg

10184338.jpg

10184334.jpg

10184329.jpg

Man, don't ask me because I don't know shit about it, but my sister loves her some Cowboy Cerrone and there's also a registered nurse. I was telling her about his blood infection. When she heard that it was he was removed from the July 8 card, meaning that just 3 weeks ago he was getting treatment for this, she was apoplectic. The standard treatment is usually a course of anabiotic's from the house. If that doesn't respond that means it's pretty damn bad, and you must be hospitalized. The treatment their is to receive rest and intravenous anabiotic's.

Now, July 8 wasn't that long ago LOL in fact, it was just 3 weeks ago! The treatment that Donald received was a course of anabiotic's for seven days intravenously. That means he was still receiving treatment up until two weeks ago. She said that there is basically no possible way that you could train following a round of super efficacious MRSA antibiotics.. That your body will be so fatigued and drained from the anabiotic's that you would just feel like absolute shit. she said basically that all you could do is work a treadmill to stay in shape as best you can, but that she couldn't imagine even doing this until two weeks after the treatment.

Like I said she loves cowboy and worried he's going to get smoked. She was positive that he is going to have absolutely no energy if this goes into the second and third round.

Apologies if I have any of this information incorrect like the dates and such.
Thats exactly what the person i know whos a nurse said. Theres absolutely no way hes gonna be even close to 100%

here is a subject we haven't covered yet... any potential draws on this card?

barao could score a 10-8 and then gas.

maia/woodley could come down to positional control and throw up some strange scorecards.

cerrone/lawler has the potential for a 10-8 and competitive fight, as does manuwa/volkan, but i doubt either fight goes the distance.

here is a subject we haven't covered yet... any potential draws on this card?

barao could score a 10-8 and then gas.

maia/woodley could come down to positional control and throw up some strange scorecards.

cerrone/lawler has the potential for a 10-8 and competitive fight, as does manuwa/volkan, but i doubt either fight goes the distance.

how/why/where are you coming up with barao 10-8 of all the fights hehe

how/why/where are you coming up with barao 10-8 of all the fights hehe

sterling isn't the best striker and barao could easily dominate round 1, then sterling edges 2 and 3 if barao slows down. under new criteria he doesn't need a near finish, just a very decisive round. 10-8s have been thrown down more liberally lately.

obviously not a likely outcome but not implausible. after all, we're talking about +6600.

sterling isn't the best striker and barao could easily dominate round 1, then sterling edges 2 and 3 if barao slows down. under new criteria he doesn't need a near finish, just a very decisive round. 10-8s have been thrown down more liberally lately.

obviously not a likely outcome but not implausible. after all, we're talking about +6600.

in terms of winning a dominant first round and losing the second two by a small margin, i think barrao is one of the most likey candidates for that scenario on this card.

Thats exactly what the person i know whos a nurse said. Theres absolutely no way hes gonna be even close to 100%

Yea, my sis knows her shit re: the medical field. She's currently in school finishing up to become a DO so she's more than an RN. Plus she said she deals with patients who have staph everyday on her wing. She painted an even grimmer picture than I could articulate through text. But maybe there's something we're missing? The only thing that I know for sure is that Cowboy was removed from 213 just three weeks ago (July 8) which was subsequently treated with intravenous anabiotic's for seven days.

It doesn't take a mathematician to figure out that he had fighting July 28 means two weeks to prepare – or remain in shape for the UFC 213 card – following his seven day treatment. Now, doing UFC promotions and junkets and interviews leading up to the week of the fight takes away at least 3 to 4 days of your time. So not only is Cowboy coming off of a very serious medical problem, but the window that he's had to prepare or at least remain static is significantly shortened.

The best he can hope for is that he has plateaued and not regressed in his training. Fighters like to peak the day of their fight, I do not see how this is possible given the circumstances.

The question is how do you bet the fight. Robbie is the favorite and looks uninterested, but at least he has his health, or at least a semblance of it LOL

I think Robbie still lands that kick to the midsection and crumples Cowboy.

Barao x submission a +1100 is a worthy investment in my opinion. Sterling can be hurt and I striking match, and if he's wobble and hits the mat, the Brazilian jujitsu Black belt loves to dive on the back for a submission. A +900 or better I think this is very valuable.

Last edited:
Solo pls like Luca bet barao and a prop

Of course I haven't gotten my bets in smh

Last edited:
Watching some tape on manuwa vs oezdemir

Looking for reasons to take the dog

Really can't find many. Oez has power and the ability to touch manuwas chin. Other than that manuwa is better everywhere. Grappling, speed, power, cardio, technique, defense

Oezdemir is sloppy and he's likely going to get knocked out, especially if he gasses. He takes a few punches to give one and if he gets cracked by manuwa he's going down

Last edited:
Laid the juice on bones. He's just too bad of a matchup for dc.

Robbie Lawler says Matt Hughes’ absence ‘has been hard’ leading into UFC 214
https://www.mmamania.com/2017/7/28/...as-been-hard-leading-into-ufc-214-anaheim-mma
Robbie's demeanor was like he didn't care when he got on that scale, he's coming off a 16 month layoff and loss of the belt. Kind of looks like he might already be manufacturing excuses in his head for a mediocre performance.

He has better hands than Cowboy and I think he's defensively sound enough not to get caught by a head kick, dunno who wins it. O1.5 has decent value, not sure if it goes the distance or not.

Laid the juice on bones. He's just too bad of a matchup for dc.
Yup. Tubby short guy vs long creative striker. Jones is a better wrestler too, Jones is just better everywhere.

My Picks of the Week are:

Lamas ML (Little bit on Lamas ITD @ 4.0, too. Knight leaves himself open and could also get trapped beneath top control.)

Barao ML (Covered by just about everybody and their dog.)

Cerrone-Lawler U2.5 (I'd take a 'healthy' Cerrone as an underdog, but too many question marks involved.)

Manuwa KO (Oezdemir's Forrest Gump'd his way here.)

Watching some tape on manuwa vs oezdemir

Looking for reasons to take the dog

Really can't find many. Oez has power and the ability to touch manuwa a chin. Other than that manuwa is better everywhere. Grappling, speed, power, cardio, technique, defense

Oezdemir is sloppy and he's likely going to get knocked out, especially if he gasses. He takes a few punches to give one and if he gets cracked by manuwa he's going down
I don't see how Manuwa is a better grappler than Oezdemir. I think they are both decent grapplers with a slight edge to Oezdemir.

I don't see how Manuwa is a better grappler than Oezdemir. I think they are both decent grapplers with a slight edge to Oezdemir.
Oezdemir's been subbed a few times, Manuwa hasn't? Neither is exactly ADCC material, though.

Kind of eyeing Maia-Woodley Draw @ 51. Could definitely see a situation in which Maia picks up a 10-8 round for back control but doesn't quite sub him, and then another 10-9 on Tyron deciding to throw 3 strikes in a round.

I would say they're even at best. Manuwa has way more experience but he is 37.

I don't see the fight going to the ground and if it does it's probably not going to stay there for long. If anything there will be some grappling against the cage and dirty boxing

oezdemir has to get it done early. Manuwa isn't going to fold up in the later rounds.

The only guy manuwa ever went to decision with has much better defense and cardio. And manuwa looked fine cardio wise in that fight against janbla

Going at least 1 unit on bones sub line

Playing rds 3-5 with a decision hedge

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back