UFC 216 - Ferguson vs Lee - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Lee's cardio is pretty good. He was 7/9 going for takedowns vs Mustafaev + still didn't slow down at the end of round 2. Of course going 5 rounds vs Ferguson is a different story with some inevitable risk.

The other big question for him is whether he has the striking game to match up with Ferg on his feet. Ferguson has good takedown defense, and Lee doesn't seem to like fighting standing up too much. If Ferg doesn't willfully bring the fight to the ground, Lee could struggle to hurt him.

At +200 I'd rather bet Lee than Ferg, but I'm a little nervous about the matchup. May lay off this one altogether.

Sucks. No value on Ferguson now. I'll probably end up on Lee at this rate.

Same here. I was hoping for Ferg at -150 or so, wishful thinking I guess. No way I can bet him at this price.

I thought he fought a smart fight against RDA, but he has a history of being a risk taker and I'm concerned that could lead to Lee taking his back at some point. That hasn't ended well for the last handful of guys it's happened to.

i have so many strong leans on this card. pending prices, ferg/lee might be one of the worst fights to bet.

Whats your thoughts on Paige Vanzant and Ferguson vs Kevin Lee O2.5 rounds?

Whats your thoughts on Paige Vanzant

I'd probably go with Eye since she's coming down in weight versus PVZ going up, is a better grappler, and has more experience at 125 (she was supposed to be a prospect at one time, lol). They're both pretty damn mediocre though so that's a betting nightmare to me.

Slight lean to Eye.

Last edited:
What do people expect Eye vs PVZ odds to be? Does PVZ get extra juiced for being sexy?

i am intrigued for tavares/leites (y'allreadyknow).

Derrick Lewis +170
Fabricio Werdum -230

Over 2.5 -110
Under 2.5 -130
-

Jessica Eye +110
Paige VanZant -150

Over 2.5 -270
Under 2.5 +190
-

Evan Dunham +170
Beneil Dariush -230

Over 2.5 -150
Under 2.5 +110

Shit pretty spot on except I think PVZ/Eye should be pick em but i'm not touching Eye yet. O2.5 Dunham/Dariush is OK at -150 but pass for now.

Derrick Lewis +170
Fabricio Werdum -230

Over 2.5 -110
Under 2.5 -130
-

Jessica Eye +110
Paige VanZant -150

Over 2.5 -270
Under 2.5 +190
-

Evan Dunham +170
Beneil Dariush -230

Over 2.5 -150
Under 2.5 +110

nothing jumping at me

Shit pretty spot on except I think PVZ/Eye should be pick em but i'm not touching Eye yet. O2.5 Dunham/Dariush is OK at -150 but pass for now.

that was my instinct, too, but man, benny goes for it early .. and dunham is busier turning down fights than actually fighting...

Same thoughts for me. Hoping the public still thinks that Derrick Lewis is good so I can get a better price on Werdum

eye-pvz is listed as 115 on 5d.. it's 125, right? eye can't make 115...

Not sure what number will make me pull the trigger on Eye. She's really bad, but this is dog or pass

The big questions is if the UFC will give PVZ a title shot at 125 if she wins. You know they want to...

I really like Werdum here, Lewis really isn't that good. He won't take him down, and Werdum should be faster on the feet, plus his chin is still really really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back