UFC 217 - Bisping vs GSP - NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rose has 3 submissions in 6 UFC fights plus 3 for 3 on TUF. Gadelha has 1 sub in 7 fights. Rose is the better finisher, and it's not debatable.

Also Rose said she got stronger before the Waterson fight and had to cut from 125 instead of 120. She's just entering her prime and I wouldn't put a hard cap on her ability
Problem is rose is super unlikely to get JJ in a position where her finishing ability will matter. Gadelha and Andrade are both much better at transitioning into grappling phases and jj shut them both down. Way I see it the only shot rose has of getting jj in a submittable spot is an unlikely knockdown.

Don't understand why Bisping is still the underdog tbh, really don't see 2.2 (at a few UK books) holding much longer.

Rose has 3 submissions in 6 UFC fights plus 3 for 3 on TUF. Gadelha has 1 sub in 7 fights. Rose is the better finisher, and it's not debatable.

Also Rose said she got stronger before the Waterson fight and had to cut from 125 instead of 120. She's just entering her prime and I wouldn't put a hard cap on her ability

You have to look at the opponents tho. A green one dimensional hill, an overmatched pvz and it took her five rounds and waterson she hurt with a head kick allowing an easy sub. Rose is not the dominant wrestler claudia is nor is she a dominant physically strong grappler like claudia. Rose only sub chance is an opportunistic sub and even then her only shot there is prob a standing back take. Thats literally her only path to victory extremely low %

You have to look at the opponents tho. A green one dimensional hill, an overmatched pvz and it took her five rounds and waterson she hurt with a head kick allowing an easy sub. Rose is not the dominant wrestler claudia is nor is she a dominant physically strong grappler like claudia. Rose only sub chance is an opportunistic sub and even then her only shot there is prob a standing back take. Thats literally her only path to victory extremely low %

You can argue that its the better skill set to have vs JJ. As JJ is extremely difficult to hold down so a top position grappler won't be able to implement their game. Whilst Rose doesn't need to hold JJ down, she might just need to initiate a scramble and jump on a submission. So basically Claudia's game relies on her winning rounds whilst Rose is more reliant on a finish. JJ is extremely difficult to outpoint so a finish is probably the clearest route.

So...all in on Wonderboy since Till proved that Cerrone's liver is washed up and now Masvidal's KO of him doesn't mean that much? I already kinda wanted to bet Wonderboy, and now that there is good reason to devalue Masvidal's signature win it seems like a pretty good idea.

Don't understand why Bisping is still the underdog tbh, really don't see 2.2 (at a few UK books) holding much longer.

I don't particularly get it either. GSP is fav despite not fighting for 3+ years + moving up a weight class.

I'm about 4u on Bisping now. May hedge off a bit if odds shorten.

So...all in on Wonderboy since Till proved that Cerrone's liver is washed up and now Masvidal's KO of him doesn't mean that much? I already kinda wanted to bet Wonderboy, and now that there is good reason to devalue Masvidal's signature win it seems like a pretty good idea.

Yea. Definitely pump the breaks. I'm gonna pull at least 50% of my Mas bet off the table

I mean why bet Mas at all? His resume is built on that Cerrone KO and his split loss to Maia where he showed good grappling defense that will we worthless vs Wonderboy.

Just seems like Mas is a pretty good fighter on a heater and he's about to meet his match here.

Fuck it, I just threw down on wonderboy. He had 2 even fights with Woodley who is way better than Mas, and then beat Rory who is close to Mas fairly comfortably

What advantage does Mas have here?

I think Mas could beat Woodley

What performance makes you believe that?

He doesn't even have a good win outside of Cerrone. I guess getting robbed vs Iaquinta is his next best performance?

What performance makes you believe that?

He doesn't even have a good win outside of Cerrone. I guess getting robbed vs Iaquinta is his next best performance?

come on man. There is more to this than just hands. U really think wonder boy has better hands/boxing

And how do you know wonder boy would merk Cowboy. Just because Till did? Till is much more explosive than wonderboy

Cowboy never looks good when pressured. He needs space and time to get his rhythm.

Boetsch has under rated footwork and kicks (when not making low fight IQ decisions), both of which were the main reasons he won. Borra just brawls in the pocket and his best win is Oluwale Bamgbose. Seems like a great matchup for Hendricks to work his strengths (pocket boxing, clinch fighting, wrestling)

johhny hendricks has yet to show any proficiency in pocket boxing, clinch fighting or wrestling against a legit mw

johhny hendricks has yet to show any proficiency in pocket boxing, clinch fighting or wrestling against a legit mw
He was hanging with Boetsch til he got caught.

And how do you know wonder boy would merk Cowboy. Just because Till did? Till is much more explosive than wonderboy

If Mas and Till can murk Cowboy, any ranked fighter can. They are both good fighters but neither have many KO's.

So either is random coincidence that they both happened to get their only signature KO vs Cowboy, or that Cowboy's chin is aging poorly. I'm going with the latter.

And of course Wonderboy is a better striker than Mas. Maybe Mas has better hands but I'll take the full package of Wonderboy's hands + kicks over that of Mas. And just look at their resumes and it's not close

--GOATish kickboxer
--2 super close fights vs Woodley
--Comfortable decision vs MacDonald
--r1 KO's of Hendricks, Ellenberger, and Whittaker

Mas has

--Lit up a washed Cowboy chin
--Got robbed vs Iaquinta
--Split losses vs Bendo, Maia, and Larkin which just aren't as sexy as draw/maj loss vs Woodley
--Got Ellenberg's toe stuck under the fence

I mean come on. Mas is good but Wonderboy is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back