UFC 218 - Holloway vs Aldo II - Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.
While everyone else is guessing, I'm winning. These big PPV cards can be traps for bettors, stick to what you know. At the end of the day, coming out on top is what matters.

Like I was saying about the TUF card, don't bet on the jobbers but a lot of you didn't listen and took massive L's on Soto and Ware. If you can't tell who the jobbers are, then you can't pick the winner either. The kind of people that bet Ware and Soto are the kind of people that bet Curran when she's 1-5 in the company, very low level betting.

Meanwhile I'm predicting future world champions

I bet on Soto. He was on a 3 fight win streak. How is that even slightly comparable to betting on Curran who is on the worst losing streak in UFC wmma history? You're talking out of your ass. Soto lost and you were on the right side of a matchup. Act like you've been there before instead of squeezing as much blood out of this stone as you possibly can.

Janes last night, too.

Of the choices above I'd say Homasi or Crowder. It's not like either guy is going up against an unbeatable technical masterpiece of a fighter.
Many were on Janes

Why do you believe in her so much? Feels like ABC shouldn't be favored over anybody this much, but haven't seen anything from Magana that makes me actively want to put $ on her.
Honestly I don’t believe in her at all I just think the price has gotten way out of hand. Could be a much closer fight than lines suggest if GOATgana has had any sort of legit training while shes been in Puerto Rico taking that spicy dick up her nice butt

tell that to the guys that bet bellator womens mma.
i had two units on the main event TUF fight last night. It couldn't make that fight enjoyable for me, even though i won lol

Don't follow the chicks so much, can someone explain to me why Magana is still in the organisation? She's lost her last 5 fights.

Five!

It's not like she's that hot.

Alvarez ITD +400 and Alvarez rd1 +750. These lines are silly IMO. Yes, I favor Gaethje slighly, but Eddie can hurt anyone with his overhand right and Gaethje is nothing if not hittable.

If Eddie rocks him, he's going to swarm the way he did in the RDA fight, not look for a takedown a la MJ vs Gaethje. Also, his last three stoppage wins came in the first round.

Alvarez ITD +400 and Alvarez rd1 +750. These lines are silly IMO. Yes, I favor Gaethje slighly, but Eddie can hurt anyone with his overhand right and Gaethje is nothing if not hittable.

If Eddie rocks him, he's going to swarm the way he did in the RDA fight, not look for a takedown a la MJ vs Gaethje. Also, his last three stoppage wins came in the first round.

I agree. Eddie has power and can trade well in a firefight. Gaethje got rocked several times by MJ. MJ has a lot of power too, but Eddie has better swarming ability. Alvarez TKO is at +515 now. That's even more silly.

I can see where u coming from, I think if Gaethje makes it past the first round he'll take over, especially if its an epic throwdown in the first 5 minutes.

I actually thought Holloway was worth throwing into a parlay but he looked absolutely shit at the weigh ins. What you think breh

He didn't look great but neither did Aldo. I think Max should win as long as he doesn't get finished early.

Adding yancy dec +510
Felder ml +110
Magana ml +415

Take felder as a dog all day

Adding yancy dec +510
Felder ml +110
Magana ml +415

I think Felder is gonna win too but I struggle to find confidence betting against Oliveira, who is one of the most dangerous submission artists in MMA. Oliveira's wrestling is also underrated and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets Felder down.

It's just hard to predict Oliveira's fights, he's super dangerous but also a proven quitter, high variability

I agree. Eddie has power and can trade well in a firefight. Gaethje got rocked several times by MJ. MJ has a lot of power too, but Eddie has better swarming ability. Alvarez TKO is at +515 now. That's even more silly.

Yea I thought about KO too but didn't wanna get greedy just in case he's having trouble putting him away with strikes and jumps on a choke or something.

It's no longer the heavyweight division, it's the prettyweight division now. Expecting good things from Willis, trains at AKA, deceptively athletic and confident as hell.

Adding yancy dec +510
Felder ml +110
Magana ml +415

I don't understand the movement on Oliveira. I honestly don't get it. He has slick subs and transitions, yeah. But he's not that adept and getting fights to the mat other than against guys (Pettis for example) that will willingly play that game with him. Felder is physically stronger, and clearly the better striker. Plus you have one guy who's show a poor reaction to getting hit, and another who gave a killer like Barboza a very close fight and ate everything Barboza threw without getting hurt even a little.

Anyone here who thinks Olive should be favored here? Why? Am I missing something, is he a much better striker than I'm giving him credit for? I don't get it.

I don't understand the movement on Oliveira. I honestly don't get it. He has slick subs and transitions, yeah. But he's not that adept and getting fights to the mat other than against guys (Pettis for example) that will willingly play that game with him. Felder is physically stronger, and clearly the better striker. Plus you have one guy who's show a poor reaction to getting hit, and another who gave a killer like Barboza a very close fight and ate everything Barboza threw without getting hurt even a little.

Anyone here who thinks Olive should be favored here? Why? Am I missing something, is he a much better striker than I'm giving him credit for? I don't get it.

You are giving Felder's ability to keep this standing WAY too much credit.

He took Will Brooks down twice and subbed him. He's probably getting Felder down at some point or maybe Felder can catch him

I know Charles very well and I will root for him. But I have a bet on Felder because it seems to be the better choice. Your points make sense.

I think Felder is gonna win too but I struggle to find confidence betting against Oliveira, who is one of the most dangerous submission artists in MMA. Oliveira's wrestling is also underrated and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets Felder down.

It's just hard to predict Oliveira's fights, he's super dangerous but also a proven quitter, high variability

Oliveira is a flake
Felder is a pressure fighter.

Felder dog is the way to play

Oliveira sub to hedge if you’re worried

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back