UFC 219 - Cyborg vs Holm - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
lineker has the superior striking and better power if this stays standing. can ko with both hands. the broken jaw may still affect john mentally but if both these guys go for it in the first round i think linekers gets there first and even if it gets there second he could still win

lineker has to fight the same way he fought francisco

Lineker, Barb and Magny all good for me. Magny should be -150.

Last edited:
Lineker, Barb and Magny all good for me. Magny should be -200.

condit could be coming for a paycheck. i think his punch resistance is gone.
magny rd 3 could also have value.

condit could be coming for a paycheck. i think his punch resistance is gone.
magny rd 3 could also have value.
Pretty much. Condit has lost the passion, which is a serious issue when you're a tenacious volume striker.

Pretty much. Condit has lost the passion, which is a serious issue when you're a tenacious volume striker.

With you guys on not trusting Condit here, but not sure about assuming he’s totally shot. Terrible performance against Maia but the fight before that he arguably should have won the WW title in one of the fights of the year.

With you guys on not trusting Condit here, but not sure about assuming he’s totally shot. Terrible performance against Maia but the fight before that he arguably should have won the WW title in one of the fights of the year.

Lawler was the perfect style matchup for him. Low-volume striker prone to taking time off that'd drop rounds on volume.

Magny could dominate this with TDs or match Condit for rangy volume striking.

Lawler was the perfect style matchup for him. Low-volume striker prone to taking time off that'd drop rounds on volume.

Magny could dominate this with TDs or match Condit for rangy volume striking.

Fair point on the Lawler matchup.

Not sure Magny utilizes his reach well enough to trouble Condit much on the feet though. I think his primary path is getting this to the ground.

Either way, definitely dog or pass IMO.

Screenshot_20171219-004459.jpg

He's only missed weight once but I can't recall if he's had to try multiple times in the past.

Fair point on the Lawler matchup.

Not sure Magny utilizes his reach well enough to trouble Condit much on the feet though. I think his primary path is getting this to the ground.

Either way, definitely dog or pass IMO.
Magny could definitely win rounds with top control and I think they'll be surprisingly even on the feet. Condig doesn't have the power or A+ athleticism to really batter Magny IMO.

Magny could definitely win rounds with top control and I think they'll be surprisingly even on the feet. Condig doesn't have the power or A+ athleticism to really batter Magny IMO.
I don’t wanna talk you out of your lean but I don’t think Magny has the durability to last three rounds with NBK. Yes, Magny can use wrestling to win this fight but Condit is very active off of his back. I don’t think Magny has the ability to hold Condit down. On the feet, well, I don’t think it’ll be competitive

I don’t wanna talk you out of your lean but I don’t think Magny has the durability to last three rounds with NBK. Yes, Magny can use wrestling to win this fight but Condit is very active off of his back. I don’t think Magny has the ability to hold Condit down. On the feet, well, I don’t think it’ll be competitive
What's wrong with Magny's durability? Larkin's the only one to really kick his ass, and Lorenz Larkin when he's on point can do that to most guys at 185 or below. I think you're substantially overrating both Condit's power, and how he's kept up with the MMA metagame. His guard's not going to stop Magny from wrestlefucking, and I think even on the feet you'll see a bunch of iffy-split rounds where they both land volume and neither really manages to take it decisively.

I see this either going to a contentious split decision, where Magny's won 1 round clearly by top-control, and there are 2 50-50 rounds that get debated over for the next month. Or Condit just not having the willpower and drive to keep struggling out of shit positions on his back, and getting TKO'd/Sub'd. Lawler gave Condit the fight that Condit wanted, where it was a pure striking battle and Lawler was willing to concede both pace and volume to Condit for the most part. I just think there's a bigger chance than most like to think about that Magny grounds Condit in the first and Condit just doesn't have it any more. Also consider that Jackson's itself is in a slump.

What's wrong with Magny's durability? Larkin's the only one to really kick his ass, and Lorenz Larkin when he's on point can do that to most guys at 185 or below. I think you're substantially overrating both Condit's power, and how he's kept up with the MMA metagame. His guard's not going to stop Magny from wrestlefucking, and I think even on the feet you'll see a bunch of iffy-split rounds where they both land volume and neither really manages to take it decisively.

I see this either going to a contentious split decision, where Magny's won 1 round clearly by top-control, and there are 2 50-50 rounds that get debated over for the next month. Or Condit just not having the willpower and drive to keep struggling out of shit positions on his back, and getting TKO'd/Sub'd. Lawler gave Condit the fight that Condit wanted, where it was a pure striking battle and Lawler was willing to concede both pace and volume to Condit for the most part. I just think there's a bigger chance than most like to think about that Magny grounds Condit in the first and Condit just doesn't have it any more. Also consider that Jackson's itself is in a slump.
I humbly disagree. I'm pretty certain I've been on the right side of every Magny bet that I've made, whether that's backing him or fading him. He's not great in any area outside of his toughness and cardio and it has cost him against the top fighters in the division. Yes, I don't like the red flags that come with Condit but I think that's factored into the line and we're getting a discount because of it. I'm not gonna go crazy on this- I will probably be in for a unit on Condit ITD since it'll probably be over +200.

Don't take this the wrong way- but how can you predict a TKO or SUB when 1) Condit has never been TKOd outside of the knee injury against Woodley and 2) Magny has like one sub win in his ~20 fights in the UFC. Calling into question Condit's willpower is also a bit of a head scratcher- outside of the Maia fight where Condit was severely outclassed on the ground, Condit has been one of those guys who is going to keep fighting for your money.

I humbly disagree. I'm pretty certain I've been on the right side of every Magny bet that I've made, whether that's backing him or fading him. He's not great in any area outside of his toughness and cardio and it has cost him against the top fighters in the division. Yes, I don't like the red flags that come with Condit but I think that's factored into the line and we're getting a discount because of it. I'm not gonna go crazy on this- I will probably be in for a unit on Condit ITD since it'll probably be over +200.

Don't take this the wrong way- but how can you predict a TKO or SUB when 1) Condit has never been TKOd outside of the knee injury against Woodley and 2) Magny has like one sub win in his ~20 fights in the UFC. Calling into question Condit's willpower is also a bit of a head scratcher- outside of the Maia fight where Condit was severely outclassed on the ground, Condit has been one of those guys who is going to keep fighting for your money.
He's retired twice and collapsed immediately against Maia. I know he's classically had willpower, but that's why I'm concerned that it's gone. I think this is going to be a sad fight for Condit fans where it becomes apparent that he's not going to bring the same furor when he's there for the money.

I think toughness, cardio and a good takedown game are enough to beat the current Condit. Lawler gave him a hard fight, but didn't take him out of his comfort zone.

He's retired twice and collapsed immediately against Maia. I know he's classically had willpower, but that's why I'm concerned that it's gone. I think this is going to be a sad fight for Condit fans where it becomes apparent that he's not going to bring the same furor when he's there for the money.

I think toughness, cardio and a good takedown game are enough to beat the current Condit. Lawler gave him a hard fight, but didn't take him out of his comfort zone.
I'd be pretty shocked if we see a lackadaisical Condit. There's literally no reason to believe that will happen. With all that being said, I just realized that Magny decision should be over +300 so I might have to go w that because of the value instead of siding with my initial lean.

I'd be pretty shocked if we see a lackadaisical Condit. There's literally no reason to believe that will happen. With all that being said, I just realized that Magny decision should be over +300 so I might have to go w that because of the value instead of siding with my initial lean.
I'm hoping to see Magny ITD at +500 or better. I don't think Condit'll be lackadaisical, but I think he might try to dig deep and find that it just doesn't quite come to him.

I'm also liking Lineker as a dog. I don't think Rivera has the wrestling game to make a Lineker fight 'easy' and it's going to be a close fight.

not sure why anyone would ever question the heart or punch resistence especially of Condit? what is this based on?

i think he smokes Magny.. would be estatic if i can get him at +odds

oh i see the odds opened a while ago :D ya the opening odds was pretty much what i was expecting on Condit vs Magny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back