UFC 219 PBP/discussion

I disagree on Ferg's possible route to victory, nobody is subbing Khabib. The round is over if he takes anybody down. Ferg's chance begins and ends with Khabib flying forward with his chin up.
dont know how you can be so sure he never really been in there with any legit sub guys let alone one of the best in the ufc

Ferg doesn't hit anywhere near as hard as Barboza. Dude's fucked. I'm a convert to Khabib so long as his child holds up like that.
FWIF I'm on 100% on Khabib as well, and if he's -150 or better I am betting big. Just saying I can't see Ferg doing anything on the ground vs that muslim mauler.

Holm definitely looking bigger at 145

Cyborg cool as the other side of the pillow

dont know how you can be so sure he never really been in there with any legit sub guys let alone one of the best in the ufc
I'm basing my judgement on his sheer groudn game dominance vs all of his opponents. Tony is a beast on the ground, but I don't see that being significant enough to threaten Khabib.

I hope the bookies feel your way, +5u on Khabib then :)

Old school gospel

Confidence increase cyborg

I disagree on Ferg's possible route to victory, nobody is subbing Khabib. The round is over if he takes anybody down. Ferg's chance begins and ends with Khabib flying forward with his chin up.

Not necessarily. Ferg's crazy cardio and durability allow him to try more things than other guys on the mat. He just doesn't get tired. Cario at an elite level allows you to absorb more punishment without wilting.

There's also a downside to the chances Ferg takes when grappling though. Against such a high level technical grappler like Khabib, Tony can get himself into really bad spots.

But if the fight happens, and Khabib takes Tony down, I can almost guarantee it won't look like the mauling we just saw. Tony will try to go on the offensive. He'll throw elbows off his back, etc.

I will say that the way Kevin Lee controlled him and advanced position in round 1 of that fight makes me more nervous about the Khabib fight though. Ignoring something like that would be foolish.

Cyborg better finish this.

I'm basing my judgement on his sheer groudn game dominance vs all of his opponents. Tony is a beast on the ground, but I don't see that being significant enough to threaten Khabib.

I hope the bookies feel your way, +5u on Khabib then :)

you really cant compare Johnson and Barb (both never showed anything in the ufc once they got taken down) to someone like Ferg imo

Sitting back for this one. Might be watching the first death in the ufc :eek:

Holly got all kinds of booty

Back