Thiago Santos vs. Anthony Smith
Sergio Moraes vs. Tim Means
Alan Patrick vs. Damir Hadzovic
Douglas Silva de Andrade vs. Marlon Vera
Iuri Alcantara vs. Joe Soto
Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Joseph Morales
Maia Stevenson vs. Polyana Viana

RDOLlxu.jpg

I might be the Leech's biggest American fan, but how can you say he's a lock here?
Matthews is dreadful and undersized for WW. He should have lost to Velickovic, who's bottom-of-the-barrel for UFC WWs. Li's fringe top 15 and huge for WW.

Matthews is dreadful and undersized for WW. He should have lost to Velickovic, who's bottom-of-the-barrel for UFC WWs. Li's fringe top 15 and huge for WW.
To be honest that was Matthews' first fight in nearly a year and his first at WW. I expect him to look better in this fight but he is also facing a higher calibre of opposition.

I am in no way arguing for Matthews to win, I'm def picking Li to win and will be on him big if the odds are nice...the whole issue is that dude called Li a "lock," which we all know is a bad call for any UFC fight. Newbies read these threads we gotta be responsible with our language.

To be honest that was Matthews' first fight in nearly a year and his first at WW. I expect him to look better in this fight but he is also facing a higher calibre of opposition.
I was there live for the Velickovic fight, and am still pissed off at that robbery. Matthews did essentially no productive offense in the first round, and was completely mentally checked oout for 30 seconds of the third.

I am in no way arguing for Matthews to win, I'm def picking Li to win and will be on him big if the odds are nice...the whole issue is that dude called Li a "lock," which we all know is a bad call for any UFC fight. Newbies read these threads we gotta be responsible with our language.
True. I'm 4u on Li @ 1.65 since I think that he should be around 1.3, though I'm probably higher on Li than most and lower on Matthews than most.

These are the odds in Betfair, i think they wont be very different in the other bookies
upload_2018-1-29_10-29-48.png

I was there live for the Velickovic fight, and am still pissed off at that robbery. Matthews did essentially no productive offense in the first round, and was completely mentally checked oout for 30 seconds of the third.

True. I'm 4u on Li @ 1.65 since I think that he should be around 1.3, though I'm probably higher on Li than most and lower on Matthews than most.

Fucking awful decision. One of the worst last year.

Fucking awful decision. One of the worst last year.
His fucking Father was literally screaming at him 'Don't give up, kid' with a minute left in the fight. That should be an automatic 10-8, since I honestly feel bad for Jake Matthews at this point. The kid's got some grappling talent, but he's an odd tweener size-wise (He seems to have difficulties making LW, but it's not like he was a massive LW or anything. Vick and Lee both made him seem small.) and it seems more like his father's dream than his own. Gave me flashbacks to when I was in high-level junior sport, some of the shit you saw soccermoms/fathers get up to.

I also fail to see how Matthews gets anywhere in the deep divisions. He's got two things going for him: His A-grade athleticism and his top control game, but his wrestling's nowhere near good enough to support it. He's essentially a worse Kevin Lee that can't wrestle.

Last edited:
I've picked up tickets for this event and can't wait for it. Got a few leans already and I'll be going Tuivasa, Hunt, Adesanya and Li.

Tuivasa and Hunt have been training solidly for this together since the middle of December and they both mentioned in a podcast that they only had a few days off over Christmas and were preparing fully for the fight. I expect them both to be fit, strong and prepared. I think Hunt has the experience and he will be able to edge it out over Blaydes with ring control and his counter punching..at dog odds I'm ready to take the punt.

Another fighter to look our for is Israel Adesanya. This dude is a beast, kiwi fighter who's main training partner is Dan Hooker and Brad Riddell (striker). Israel is 54-4 in kickboxing and muay thai, 11-0 in mma and has some pro boxing fights as well. His technique and timing is unreal, is equally good in southpaw as he is orthodox and can rip head kicks from hell out of nowhere. He has fought on the world stage and has enough experience not to crumble on his debut in the octagon. I'm not sure how the odds are going to play out with this one but hopefully there isn't too much juice on him as I'm ready to bet the house haha.

Please give me Romero +150 or Romero itd over +200

His fucking Father was literally screaming at him 'Don't give up, kid' with a minute left in the fight. That should be an automatic 10-8, since I honestly feel bad for Jake Matthews at this point. The kid's got some grappling talent, but he's an odd tweener size-wise (He seems to have difficulties making LW, but it's not like he was a massive LW or anything. Vick and Lee both made him seem small.) and it seems more like his father's dream than his own. Gave me flashbacks to when I was in high-level junior sport, some of the shit you saw soccermoms/fathers get up to.

I also fail to see how Matthews gets anywhere in the deep divisions. He's got two things going for him: His A-grade athleticism and his top control game, but his wrestling's nowhere near good enough to support it. He's essentially a worse Kevin Lee that can't wrestle.

im hoping for +2500 rd 3 li. he was very close wiht camacho and with the fihgt in australina hes going to go for the finish until the last second

The odds movement on Romero Rockhold is interesting, was able to arb out 2.5 units. I'm big on the over and maybe Romero.

Was leaning Rockhold, but I remember him dropping the 1st round to Branch and not looking very sharp.

im hoping for +2500 rd 3 li. he was very close wiht camacho and with the fihgt in australina hes going to go for the finish until the last second
Why is Li more likely to go for the finish in Australia?

Not headlining Hunto on Ausland... Dana doing him dirty. Giving him a style-wise a really bad opponent as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back