UFC 222 PBP/Discussion

What does the future look like for Dariush? One of these guys that never really gets momentum cuz he gets KOed every few fights?

so much hype and now he gets smashed by Barboza now this. it fucks with your confidence too getting starched a couple times.

Man I’m having such wild swings lately. Won 15 units on the last Fox card, then last night I was ice fucking cold. Was on Milstead, Carraway, Dern ITD, Dern sub and pretty big on Munhoz. And I was so confident in Frankie and made one my biggest plays ever on him. So yeah . . .
those were all close fights on paper so what can you do?

Dern ITD was square but the rest are whatever...win some lose some.

What does the future look like for Dariush? One of these guys that never really gets momentum cuz he gets KOed every few fights?

so much hype and now he gets smashed by Barboza now this. it fucks with your confidence too getting starched a couple times.

His chins mush now two brutal kos close together. Not sure where he goes from here.

Probably just hangs around as a fringe top 15 guy. Sucks because I felt he had a lot of potential for the top 10 but that chin is going to be a liability now.

those were all close fights on paper so what can you do?

Dern ITD was square but the rest are whatever...win some lose some.

Stop rubbing it in about Dern ya dick ha ha. Just kidding...you warned me LOL. Luckily I did enough with the rest of the card and hit one lucky longshot parlay to make it a profitable night despite Dern and Frankie.

Looks like Dern finally had her back with hooks in late in the third but ran out if time hunting the choke? (I didn't get to watch).

Last edited:
Stop rubbing it in about Dern ya dick ha ha. Just kidding...you warned me LOL. Luckily I did enough with the rest of the card and hit one lucky longshot parlay to make it a profitable night despite Dern and Frankie.

Looks like Dern finally had her back with hooks in late in the third but ran out if time hunting the choke? (I didn't get to watch).

Right but she didn't have enough time to work/Yoder had good sub defense. You were right Yoders TDD has holes but Derns offensive wrestling weren't good enough to exploit them and Yoders more technical base in striking almost won her the fight.

+0.5u and I’m pretty happy with that after opening the night 0-5 with three splits and one dq wrong way. I had 4u on O’Malley and him breaking his leg was just along those lines, but dat Souk iq saved me. 2018 still not that great, but my devils advocate insurance rr’s are doing fabulously with 166% roi.

I didn’t wanna start a whole argument but Dern never really looked like she had good wrestling. I thought your analysis that she would get Yoder down at will was a bit of a stretch. Do you think she had a bad performance or did you misread that

I didn’t wanna start a whole argument but Dern never really looked like she had good wrestling. I thought your analysis that she would get Yoder down at will was a bit of a stretch. Do you think she had a bad performance or did you misread that

Honestly, haven't watched it yet. Too busy today, will get to it this week though. I just read Sherdog's pbp quickly.

I really thought Dern would be able to get to the clinch easily and from there use trips or throws to get Yoder to the mat. Even if initially Dern ended up on her back, I didn't think she'd care. Off her back if needed she'd sweep or at least latch onto Yoder and attack with subs until Yoder made a mistake and gave up position.

I'll have to watch and see what it looked like.

I think if edgar could be in side control or in Ortega's guard he would be fine.
And I think his striking is getting a little overrated. Nice KO, but it's not like he dominated Edgar arounf the ring.

I know this wasn't directed at me but I passed on the fight (other than including Dern decision in a round robin) because of how poor Yoder's takedown defense looked even though I felt Dern's wrestling was lacking based on the pre-UFC fights that I watched. In hindsight, Yoder could have easily won if Dern didn't get the takedown in the last 2 mins and the +875 that her decision line opened at was pure insanity, especially since she had basically no path to a finish.

But more importantly, I think this bodes well for fading Dern in the near future depending on what matchup she's given. Her striking is wild and she leaves herself open to counters. She's does seem to hit pretty hard for the division but she puts everything into her shots and I felt like that led to her slowing down. From the looks of it she's going to have trouble taking down anyone with halfway decent tdd.

i made a terrible play on dern and got away with it. made a great play on milstead and lost. that's the way gambling goes sometimes.

I know this wasn't directed at me but I passed on the fight (other than including Dern decision in a round robin) because of how poor Yoder's takedown defense looked even though I felt Dern's wrestling was lacking based on the pre-UFC fights that I watched. In hindsight, Yoder could have easily won if Dern didn't get the takedown in the last 2 mins and the +875 that her decision line opened at was pure insanity, especially since she had basically no path to a finish.

But more importantly, I think this bodes well for fading Dern in the near future depending on what matchup she's given. Her striking is wild and she leaves herself open to counters. She's does seem to hit pretty hard for the division but she puts everything into her shots and I felt like that led to her slowing down. From the looks of it she's going to have trouble taking down anyone with halfway decent tdd.
I agree. I had 0.2 on Yoder straight and I walked away from that fight feeling good about NOT being on Dern in any way. She's definitely fade material going forward but im low key hoping they give her someone to showcase her talents against (maybe that was supposed to be Yoder?) so drive her stock up some more. I cant imagine the books are ready to make her a -400 favorite again unless her opponent is a complete trash can. With that being said, she's attractive, she seems to have Dana's marketing on her side, and she's undefeated.

Back