1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFC 223 - Ferguson vs. Nurmagomedov

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by greenmouse, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pytycrys Purple Belt

Iaquinta @ 9.00 at Ladbrokes with daily boost. Crazy. Did 2u on that.

2. Levels Banned Banned

Sorry but you don't know what you're talking about

Have you even seen Kattar fight? he's one of the best if not the best boxer in the division.

Moicano got lit up by Ortega, and Kattar is much better than Ortega standing.

LOL at calling him the best point fighter, his last two wins are splits and he lost a round to Ortega

Kattar gonna light him up. Unless Moicano can take and hold Kattar down he's going to lose.

3. vkram Brown Belt

I think it was 1-1 going into the third round and Ortega often drops rounds before he finds the finish.

4. ChaelSonnen The American Gangster

While I agree with Kattar being one of the top boxers in the UFC, we haven't really seen other aspects of his game. Fili and Burgos both played right into his game.

Meanwhile Moicano has shown that he possesses high-level BJJ, amazing striking, and other than the last minute of the Ortega fight, high fight IQ. Rewatch both of his last two wins and tell me that they should be splits. Absolutely not, he schooled both Jeremy Stephens, a top FW contender, and Zubaira Tukhugov, who was on a 9-fight win streak before the fight and oh by the way is one of Khabib's main sparring partners. Come back to me after the fight and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  5. MT6ix Blue Belt

I agree.

Watching tape on both, Clark comes across as an athlete more than a complete well rounded MMA fighter, depends on his athleticism too much.

If Rodriguez can defend the takedown he can win but he has shown in past fights he can get taken down which is fine but does he get up from the takedown.

If it stays standing Rodriguez wins, Clark doesn't put together his striking too well. Also Rodriguez has a big reach advantage.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  6. Levels Banned Banned

I don't need to come back after the fight, you don't know what you're talking about, I'll tell you right now, your boy is going to get lit up. Ortega broke Moicano's nose and Ortega isn't even close to Kattar's level when it comes to striking. And remind who was the last guy to take down Kattar?

How many stacks you got on Moicano? Thats what I thought

7. vkram Brown Belt

Does he really have a great chin though? He got knocked out pretty badly by Lobov on TUF.

8. piglord Black Belt

that was the only time he's been ko'd. artem can crack if you give him the opportunity. he looked fine against davi ramos who tagged him repeatedly.

lauzon isn't much of a puncher, in the last decade he's only finished the ghosts of gomi and sanchez with strikes.

9. MT6ix Blue Belt

For some reason, people think that the striking was one sided for Moicano until Ortega found the finish in the 3rd. Moicano was winning imo but a lot closer than some people make it out to be.

10. t6p Brown Belt

I think it’s because Moicano was landing at much higher clip than Ortega. Moicano outstruck him nearly 2-1 in that fight. Ortega’s ability to walk through everything that Moicano threw at him while maintaining that nonstop pressure was ridiculous. The fight was super close, but I think after what we’ve seen from Ortega since, that’s a positive for Moicano if anything.

11. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

Al rd1 +1750.. prolly his best chance?

Khabib 4/5 950/1500

12. arrelione Red Belt

You've got to pull the trigger on the Al Rd1, although very tiny(for me).

13. iGnP Silver Belt

14. NorthernLights Blue Belt

B365 Khabib/Iaquinta o1.5 @ 2.10
    Unibet Khabib/Iaquinta u1.5 @ 2.20

15. onC Blue Belt

Lol at a 5k$ bet "making the news"

16. iGnP Silver Belt

5k on a +500 dog is pretty significant. context is everything

17. onC Blue Belt

If you think Iaquinta wins 20% of the time, ~5k is the optimal bet size for ~100k bankroll according to Kelly criterion. Kelly/6, which is more conservative and more often used, would suggest a ~5k stake for ~500k BR.

I just found it funny. Im sure there are tons of far bigger bets on Al.

18. NinjaCat456 Green Belt

Really?

19. thesharktank Brown Belt

jj Looks like shes aged 15 years since the first Rose fight. damn

20. onC Blue Belt

It's just a numbers game. Alot of people in the sports betting world have ridicilous amounts of money, and if they think they have an edge, small or significant, they'll take it. There's still alot of money to be made in MMA betting, and it definitely doesnt go unnoticed by professional edge-seekers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.