1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFC 223 - Ferguson vs. Nurmagomedov

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by greenmouse, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOneTrueKing 4th most under appreciated tipster @betmmatips

fury challenged ben to a fight. 3*5 min rounds , full unified mma rules. ben did a retweet this if i lose you get 5 bucks. it lost and he didn't pay. he was taking a bit of shit on twitter so said he would fight any mma fan. fury accepted the challenge

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  2. burge13 Purple Belt

fight not to happen -10000000000000000000000000000000000
    fight to happen +1000000000000000000000

3. raketmannen Brown Belt

Isn't that exactly what everyone said about Lauzons fight with Guida? He got no power and will only win by grinding Lauzon out, and we saw how that went

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  4. Wiktoruspro Brown Belt

This Big Marley is overrated, look at that
    http://www.betmma.tips/BigMarley3
    Guys at best fight picks always masturbate in front of him,, now its time for big marley minute, blablabla" but if You look at his record than its nothing impressive.

5. vkram Brown Belt

Guys on BestFightPicks tend to circlejerk about everything related to them. I know it’s self promotion but it has become very off putting to me, which is a shame because they are good cappers but I can’t listen to them saying how they are the best in the game every week.

6. raketmannen Brown Belt

They kinda manage to shoot themselves in the foot aswell, they say they are the best in the game and it's their fulltime job to cap fights but then brags 10 times per podcast about being up 100u over 3 years... with those winnings you gotta play with 1k units just to afford paying rent. But they are actually really good at breaking down fights (when they haven't lost money on someone and carry a grudge about that) and spotting good value underdogs

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  7. vkram Brown Belt

Yeah their breakdowns are good but it becomes very difficult to listen when they pat themselves on the back every 10 minutes.

8. TheOneTrueKing 4th most under appreciated tipster @betmmatips

Pods always lose a bit of quality when they go tout unfortunately. This one suffered a lot. Was a fav of mine

9. ApplesVild Banned Banned

I'm sure Khabib can take Tony down, but can he do significant damage once he has him there? Can he defend against the sub attempts? Can he defence himself from Tony's elbows?

I'd even say Khabib can get a take down five rounds out if fives, but will he be in control once it goes there?

10. MacPherson911 Blue Belt

awwww yeah boyeee the "Li Jingliang is a lock" guy is back up in the spot!

11. Wiktoruspro Brown Belt

That was the biggest 2018 upset, if you want lose money than bet on Moicano. Sure, I will laugh after the fight. Remember me booy

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  12. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

No it wasn't. I bet Li but there was reason to be nervous and the line was where it was for a reason.

13. pytycrys Purple Belt

One more episode of NSC diy in the UK here as well.

Rose-Joanna

1u Goes to distance @ 2.25 at Betfair
    0.65u Rose KO @ 6 at Skybet
    0.6u Rose sub @ 6.50 at Ladbrokes with daily boost

Results in Rose NSC @ 1.733 , compared with 1.55 at Dimes now. Great odds imo.

14. Gugabe Purple Belt

Matthews' out was an early submission over a slow-starting Li.

It wasn't Matthews having decided, 3 months after a fight where he got absolutely outworked and robbed Velickovic (Fringe UFC talent), and lost a decision to Holbrook (Lel.) that he'd go from being a mid-sized WW with shit striking to being a huge WW and out brawling Jingliang on a complete inversion of what we'd seen from Jake to that point. The book had more-or-less been written on Jake Matthews, 4 years and 8 fights into his UFC career, as a good top-control grappler with serious heart/front running issues and mediocre stand up. What we saw out of Matthews in that fight was him surprisingly, 3 months after his last fight, overcoming the clear flaws that'd plagued him throughout his career.

The Matthews I know would have given up and gotten TKO'd in the second. I see Matthews-Li as being an aberration on the same level as if Ortega had wrestlefucked Edgar to a 30-27.

15. Yo Tipster! White Belt

Plan B is Khabib to miss weight and Ferguson retain the belt by default.

16. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Dude get over it li wasnt a good bet he gets rocked every damn fight and young guys like matthews can make big leaps. You need to open your mind a bit #evolve.

17. Gugabe Purple Belt

8 fights and 4 years into his UFC run? The Matthews who beat Li didn't look remotely like the Matthews 3 months before. Physically or stylistically.

It particularly rankles me since that fight was the first max-u play I'd lost by dec in ~2 years. I'm not saying Matthews fluked it out, but Matthews taking out a slow-starting Li in the first by sub'd have surprised me a whole lot less than what Matthews did do.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  18. MixedMartialFarts Jiu-Shitsu and Pooey Thai

I come to see 223 discussion and all I'm reading is Li/Matthews? Made me chuckle, there are so many good fights to talk about on this card!

Edit: I go back one page and see talks of Luca Fury fighting. I think I'm going crazy.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  19. northsofia Blue Belt

1.5u Al/Felder O2.5 @1.80

20. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

Yeah I'm pretty big now on FGD at +125 (2.25). I'm on Felder too. I really, REALLY don't see Raging Al finishing Felder here. So I'd be pretty surprised if I lose both bets. Was surprised to get this at + odds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.