UFC 225 PBP/Discussion

We really need to get consistent judging. It’s gotten worse over the years, especially with new rules and old rules

Unify the rules already. Get it figured out. Millions of dollars are invested into this sport.

Fix the problem.

I still think pride scoring is superior to anything these crackpots have come up with

Round by round scoring doesn’t work with mma. Who won the fight? Keep it simple

Who was the closest to getting a finish? Who did the most damage?

Oliveira ITD, Benavidez ML/DEC, Smith ML/ITD, De La Rocha ML, Bektic ML/KO, Gadelha ML/ITD, Blaydes ML/ITD, Arlovski ML/DEC, Anderson ML, Covington ML/DEC, Whittaker ML/ITD.

Not sure how I feel about it winning with Whittaker and Gadelha and losing with Benavidez, Arlovski and Anderson.

mmadecisions had 6 judges scoring a draw, 5 scoring it for whittaker, and 13 for romero

Both are the fucking truth and I don't know how anyone isn't a fan of either.

Judges suck. New rules, that's gotta be a 10-8. Feel fortunate to get that win.

I was just hoping for a draw at the end

mmadecisions had 6 judges scoring a draw, 5 scoring it for whittaker, and 13 for romero

I had a bunch on Whitt and was praying for a draw

xwpGFXC.png

made £529 for the night including ksw. glad to be running hot again but still got a long way to go to recoup from the april/may losing streak.

I had a bunch on Whitt and was praying for a draw
imo that's the best scorecard. i can see an argument for Yoel stealing round 4 but it's more accurate to give that round to whittaker and a 10-8 for round 5

imo that's the best scorecard. i can see an argument for Yoel stealing round 4 but it's more accurate to give that round to whittaker and a 10-8 for round 5

Honestly. If I was a judge I might have scored Rd 4 a 10-10

I'll take the win and I don't think it was a crazy robbery. But I would have felt better on Romero at the end

I live bet Whitaker after round 4 at + odds as I thought he was **probably** up 3-1, at worst 2-2. After the fight I was HOPING I'd at least get a push. I don't know how that's not a 10-8. I straight up won a bunch of $ I probably didn't deserve to win. I need to remember this when I feel like I've been robbed. It goes both ways.

by the way thanks for the positive feedback on my blog everyone. analytics look really good so far with minimal promotion so i'm looking forward to keeping it up throughout the summer and beyond.

I live bet Whitaker after round 4 at + odds as I thought he was **probably** up 3-1, at worst 2-2. After the fight I was HOPING I'd at least get a push. I don't know how that's not a 10-8. I straight up won a bunch of $ I probably didn't deserve to win. I need to remember this when I feel like I've been robbed. It goes both ways.
i feel very fortunate but that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to "luck" and "robbery" decisions for me. been on the wrong side more often than on the right side.

hell i could use the same type of luck in other sports too...

Damn. Had a multi on gadelha, holly decision, whittaker and colby decision. Changed colby for rda last minute and missed out on a couple thousand bucks

fml. Was big on Romero. Sick of the moral victories. Fuck

And I was huge on RDA. Im 3-4 on my max bets since November.

Tj v Cody (w)

Stipe v Ngannou (w)

Rockhold v Romero (L)

Frankie v t-city (L)

Wonderboy v till (L)

Moraes v Rivera (w)

RDA v Colby (L)

I know, cool story, brah. I suck at this. Fuck.

MMA judging sucks

Who kicked whos ass should be the criteria

Had Whittaker bet but feel Romero deserved the win.

Won like $100, awesome card and got wasted. Think I won some DraftKings too, cheers buddies.

by the way thanks for the positive feedback on my blog everyone. analytics look really good so far with minimal promotion so i'm looking forward to keeping it up throughout the summer and beyond.
Where can I find your blog?

I thought it was a draw. Round 5 is 10-8, Romero won round 3, and round 4 tightened up with Romero's strikes in the last 45 seconds.

Did not have pre fight action on it, but live bet Whittaker going into round 5 at -120. Won most of my money tonight putting the house on Mike Jackson when I just decide to go big right before the fight.

Back