UFC 229: McGregor vs Khabib

It was one of the more interesting posts that I've read in a while lol

Yes i will.

Conors competition in the past hasn't exactly been stellar. I don't even consider his win over Aldo as great as it should be, as it ended in 1 punch in 13 seconds. We didn't learn anything about either fighter in that fight. We didn't learn anything about how conor reacts with a striker who is better than him, how well he can take a punch, or if he has the heart to fight through adversity.

That fight ended with one punch thrown. We all already know Conor has KO power.

I will give credit where credit is due and say that he does have a couple decent wins in the UFC. His wins over Brandao and Porier are his most credible wins IMO. The rest of them........... not so much. I know I sound like a typical Conor hater with all this, but I'm just a realistic MMA fan. Most of his opponents have either been short notice replacements, or had some other disadvantageous affliction going into a fight with him. Marcus Brimage is a bum, so we'll just get that one out of the way, and Conor had some trouble with him early. Conor fans like to reference his win over Max Holloway from 5 years ago, but Holloway was very green at the time and was just coming off a loss to Dennis Bermudez.

After his win over Porier the hype machine shifted from 2nd gear to 5th gear. Dana started publicly forcing the narrative that "Conor will be the next big thing. This kid will be a star." and then he started to pick and choose who he fights. Out of all the contenders in the division he chose to fight Denis Siver. Denis fucking Siver lol. Let's not try to act like Denis Siver is a world beater. Then it was Chad Mendes (quality opponent) who took the fight on a weeks notice. That's just enough time to get off the couch and cut the weight. We all know what happened in that fight. Conor got mauled until Mendes got tired.

Do we even need to talk about the Nate Diaz fights? As I said about the Aldo fight that we didn't learn anything, his 2 fights with Diaz were on the opposite end of the spectrum. We learned that Diaz, while extremely hittable, can take that power left over and over and over again. We learned that Conor doesn't really have any assault outside of a traditional boxing attack. We learned that Conor gets amazingly tired after 1 and a half rounds. We learned that Conor DOESN'T adapt well to adversity. AT ALL. We learned that Conor isn't just a fish out of water when the fight hits the mat, he's a fish in a sandbox.

I think his win over Eddie Alvarez is overstated too. I've never thought Eddie was a UFC caliber fighter, and that his win over RDA might be one of the greatest flukes in the last 10 years. Eddie is super chinny, has a sub par offensive wrestling attack (even though people for some reason claim he's a great wrestler), and is 2 judges away from having a 3-4 record in the UFC.

What amazes me is the smokescreen that the UFC has created with Conor. Through selective matchups, marketing, and manipulation, people have been so mystified into thinking that if Khabib even gets close to Conor he will magically get KO'd in spectacular fashion by an off-the-top-ropes-flying-dragon-punch or something equally ridiculous. Khabib said it best. Conor fights for money, and Khabib fights for legacy. Conor has had a lot of beneficial circumstances in the UFC, and has had a billion dollar institution behind him trying to hype him up. The UFC manufactured a star. They manufactured a money maker. They made a trash talking Irishman look like one of the greatest fighters ever. I feel like Will Ferrell in Zoolander by wanting to scream "Am I taking crazy pills?!".

I'm sure there are a lot of points of emphasis I'm leaving out, but here is my elaboration.

TLDR: Conor only fights lesser strikers, and one wrestler on a weeks notice. Khabib will maul him.

Im gonna quote this, what an embarrassing quote with little rational thought put into it. I wouldnt be surprised if this logic has netted you no money and in fact put you in the negative.

Just so many things about this post is so damn hilariously wrong, I cant believe people like you exist.

I cant tell if youre trolling but it feels like it comes from a place of genuine dislike or maybe even hatred.

I figured I would ruffle a few feathers lol

We are gonna call this a one-off aberration from a poster who generally gives way better insight.

I'm sure I've probably done it too at some point...

Edit: probably nowhere near this over-the-top though. Man dude you really shat the bed with this one LOL.

We are gonna call this a one-off aberration from a poster who generally gives way better insight.

I'm sure I've probably done it too at some point...

Edit: probably nowhere near this over-the-top though. Man dude you really shat the bed with this one LOL.
I usually just post once in a while here, just browse cause I used to like some of the regulars here who posted some good stuff, but this nonsense is embarrassing, we've been getting a bunch of shit posts in the heavies and yet this nonsense trumps all of that. This man shouldnt be taken seriously ever again, and his knowledge of MMA must be taken with a grain of salt. He'll interpret my posts as me being "triggered", but the utter pathetic nature of this post must be noted, in the hall of fame for the utter retardation imo. This guy shouldnt ever be taken serious on the betting threads.

EDIT: The most accomplish LW of all time isnt UFC calibre, win over the P4P number 1 and arguably a top 5 GOAT isnt a great win, doesnt know the definition of stationary or he has seen the fights because nearly every fight Conor's opponents moved well on the feet, Conor doesnt react well to adversity when he was on his back getting eye poked and on one knee for the fight against Mendes, gets up and finishes him....

Just so many things wrong with this post.....

Last edited:
I usually just post once in a while here, just browse cause I used to like some of the regulars here who posted some good stuff, but this nonsense is embarrassing, we've been getting a bunch of shit posts in the heavies and yet this nonsense trumps all of that. This man shouldnt be taken seriously ever again, and his knowledge of MMA must be taken with a grain of salt. He'll interpret my posts as me being "triggered", but the utter pathetic nature of this post must be noted, in the hall of fame for the utter retardation imo. This guy shouldnt ever be taken serious on the betting threads.

It was a terrible post. I'm not gonna argue that. But he's not brand new and he's posted stuff with real actual insight in the past. I guess I'm more willing to give a mulligan to someone who's been here awhile and contributed positively than to a white belt who's obviously just screaming for attention.

Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age...IDK.

It was a terrible post. I'm not gonna argue that. But he's not brand new and he's posted stuff with real actual insight in the past. I guess I'm more willing to give a mulligan to someone who's been here awhile and contributed positively than to a white belt who's obviously just screaming for attention.

Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age...IDK.
Well the guys I like dont post here often, some are banned, some just stopped etc maybe because of the hivemind etc or maybe because of dumbass posts like the one posted before.

Bookie Bumbet have this market: "Will they touch gloves at the start of Round 1?"

IMO they not touch gloves because bus case.
Thoughts about this my friends!

Bookie Bumbet have this market: "Will they touch gloves at the start of Round 1?"

IMO they not touch gloves because bus case.
Thoughts about this my friends!

I like it, managed to catch +240 and +150, but you won't find half decent limits on these type of props anywhere

EDIT: The most accomplish LW of all time isnt UFC calibre, win over the P4P number 1 and arguably a top 5 GOAT isnt a great win, doesnt know the definition of stationary or he has seen the fights because nearly every fight Conor's opponents moved well on the feet, Conor doesnt react well to adversity when he was on his back getting eye poked and on one knee for the fight against Mendes, gets up and finishes him....

Just so many things wrong with this post.....
One of the things wrong with the post is that you didn't read it lol. I didn't say Conor wasn't UFC caliber. I said Eddie isn't UFC caliber. I see the conor av you sport, so I understand why my opinion post triggered you so bad. Please go back to the heavies.

Thanks.

Herrig Vs Casey was possibly the worst fight ever in WMMA. Waterson is weak but will outstrike and i agree with others, she will be favoured by the judges. Waterson DEC for me...
Waterson is solid for Wmma standards

The point of my post was to highlight how grossly overexaggerated Conors success is. Khabib is going to maul him, and I don't even know why that fight is being so heavily debated.

It was my opinion, so everyone can calm their tits.

Well the guys I like dont post here often, some are banned, some just stopped etc maybe because of the hivemind etc or maybe because of dumbass posts like the one posted before.

I've probably been here longer than anyone aside from @Oblivian (I maybe have been on Sherdog longer-not sure as I'm on my phone and not checking his join date). Oblivian used to post the betting threads in the heavies (now UFC forum) until we got our own sub forum.

Point is I've seen tons of posters, good and bad, come and go. And maybe come back under different names LOL. I try to take whatbmever good insight I can get regardless of the source. Yeah wading through crap posts is tedious and sometimes I take breaks in part due to that. But overall I still think there is good insight here from a lot of different people.

Come on dudes no need to start flaming each other. You know we're not about that shit here.

I actually agree with some of Ham Socks' points. I think he went over the top, but his overall conclusion is that this fight is not nearly as complicated as many people think. And I agree with that.

I do think Alvarez is ufc caliber (OBVIOUSLY) but Hamssocks is absolutely correct about Eddie's offensive wrestling- it is hilariously overrated and people are putting way too much stock in Conor's tdd from that fight. Conor is going to get melted with the wrestling and it is not a tough call to make.

Am I the only one who thinks Conor didn't look good hitting pads? He was way faster and sharper before. He had his mouth open after first few shots. Weird

Am I the only one who thinks Conor didn't look good hitting pads? He was way faster and sharper before. He had his mouth open after first few shots. Weird

looked fine to me..or close enough to normal where trying to draw any conclusions from an open workout would be splitting hairs / overthinking

Luque/Turner doesn't go the distance is a great bet, in my opinion. I actually might sprinkle a little on Turner ITD, it's something like 10 to 1... Luque likely wins this one easily but Turner is one of those freak athletes that can knock almost anyone out, in my opinion.

Back