UFC 232 Jones vs Gustafsson II

Really regretting switching sides on that late cyborg line movement.

In retrospect I should’ve been playing nunes and her itd line. Great value at over +200

Watching cyborg in that jorianna Baars fight may have skewed my analysis a bit. Yea cyborg took some massive shots, but she had time to recover when she was knocked down instead of continuing to swing wildly like a caveman

I’ve never been a big believer in cyborg and last night was a perfect opportunity to fade her.

She takes too many punches. She relied too much on her chin last night and it cost her. Going into berserker mode when she was hurt cost her.

So nunes next fight will likely be agaisnt shev, and I will probably bet shev again, lol

Another aspect, and one that made me feel extra confident in Nunes beyond the technical stand-up analysis I mentioned (which certain people scoffed at), was just how awful Cyborg's opponents were. She looks like a world-beater feasting on bums with horrendous striking like Lansberg, Kunitskaya, and Evinger, but against someone who was somewhat decent, if undersized, untechnical, and lacking in power, like Holm, she looked a lot more ordinary.

What I certainly didn't anticipate was how incredibly stupid Cyborg fought, treating Nunes as just another bum who can't throw a proper punch she can walk through.

As for Shevchenko-Nunes 3, I would certainly hope we never see that. It's a horrible stylistic match-up leading to a boring fight.

Nunes probably wins a lopsided decision over Holm or stops her late, but that's likely the fight they're looking to make.

As for Vieria...seriously? She had a competitive fight against Zingano, clearly losing the 3rd round, and actually being outstruck (!!!). Vieria is very big and very strong at 135, and her grappling is definitely good, but that's all she has. She won't be able to simply take Nunes down and keep there, and the fight will likely look very similar to Nunes versus Tate, if not even easier for the double champion.

Maybe, but I don't like this... They gave her so many almost free opportunities, just because people know her name. I am actually angry at this. Let her fight Ketlen (when Ketlen heals) and the winner faces Nunes. It's somewhat legit contender. The division is so shallow, everybody on a two fight winning streak can challenge for the title.
hell yeah, that makes sense ! good idea.

Another aspect, and one that made me feel extra confident in Nunes beyond the technical stand-up analysis I mentioned (which certain people scoffed at), was just how awful Cyborg's opponents were. She looks like a world-beater feasting on bums with horrendous striking like Lansberg, Kunitskaya, and Evinger, but against someone who was somewhat decent, if undersized, untechnical, and lacking in power, like Holm, she looked a lot more ordinary.

What I certainly didn't anticipate was how incredibly stupid Cyborg fought, treating Nunes as just another bum who can't throw a proper punch she can walk through.

As for Shevchenko-Nunes 3, I would certainly hope we never see that. It's a horrible stylistic match-up leading to a boring fight.

Nunes probably wins a lopsided decision over Holm or stops her late, but that's likely the fight they're looking to make.

As for Vieria...seriously? She had a competitive fight against Zingano, clearly losing the 3rd round, and actually being outstruck (!!!). Vieria is very big and very strong at 135, and her grappling is definitely good, but that's all she has. She won't be able to simply take Nunes down and keep there, and the fight will likely look very similar to Nunes versus Tate, if not even easier for the double champion.

I didn’t think nunes was better striker than cyborg when you took into account chins and power, but I would’ve agreed that she was more technical.

Clearly nunes is the better striker overall. She might even hit harder because of her speed and accuracy.

Yea cyborgs gameplan was garbage, I don’t even think she had one.

And I also used to say that she’s beaten nothing but cans most of her career.

It was a good time to fade her. I don’t know why my opinion changed over her during the past few years. Maybe I just put too much stock into that fight agaisnt baars, where she kept coming after her like the terminator

I missed a good spot. You were right. I put too much stock into both of their previous fights and not into the actual stylistic matchup. I didn’t even think nunes tko was a possibility.

Zingano’s striking defence sucks, Megan could maybe dominate her from the range just with boxing and high kicks without exposing herself too much at muay thai range for td’s.
I called it?
<Goldie11>

Last edited:
Back