UFC 232 PBP/Discussion

There was nothing close to a cyborg or Condit circle jerk. You and @Ham Socks should hang out. You two would really hit it off I’m sure
Why am I being mentioned here? I havent said anything. Please keep this section of sherdog sperg-free.

Only remotely close circle jerk was Mendes. Plenty were arguing for Amanda and Chiesa.
Cmon so many of you were on Condit. It was such a terrible pick and it surprised me how many still believed in him.

Few were on Nunes but many more on Cyborg, a lot of arrogance too.

I agree, he should refuse to fight Jon @ LHW. But I think he has great chances to beat him @ HW. But Jon does not want that smoke.
DC must fight Brock and retire win or lose (most likely win). He does not need Jon Jones drama anymore.

*5 hours ago*

My friend (2nd time betting MMA): “hey what do you think of this 5 man parlay of Anderson Anderson Volk Nunes & Jones? $25 to win 7.5K”

Me: Large man parlays literally have less than a 5% chance of hitting I wouldn’t do it

He ended up placing it. Absolutely unbelievable. Should’ve tailed him because of beginners luck.

Dianabol, I respectfully disagree. In the sense that I don't think there were very hard circle jerks about these fights. Most of the guys knew the fights were competitive and hard to predict.

I personally didn't research anything about Volk fight, just saw that te guy hits pretty hard and this made me very concerned for Mendes and I knew Mendes don't work with Duane so no amazing striking coach advantage here.

Chiesa was obvious winner - in my book at least. I was little worried that he can be submitted because he is that agressive with his grappling and sometimes gets reckless.

And I was confident in Nunes to the degree to bet her... IN A PARLAY!
Circle jerks for Mendes and Condit for sure but ok there weren't massive circle jerks. A lot of people on Cyborg, acting way over confident. Nunes was 5-1 as a dog in the UFC entering this fight, now she's 6-1

I agree, he should refuse to fight Jon @ LHW. But I think he has great chances to beat him @ HW. But Jon does not want that smoke.
DC must fight Brock and retire win or lose (most likely win). He does not need Jon Jones drama anymore.
I feel like you are overrating DC chances. I don't think the weightclass is a big factor. And DC is not getting any younger either.

Exactly and Jones legacy will be hurt because of it but I don’t think he is really concerned honestly. Guess Jones doesn’t wanna be a double champ. With his track record as of late anyway let’s just see if he can fight twice in a calendar year lol

@kevinramsdell, Jon knows that DC's best chance to beat him is at HW. DC has very real puncher's chance and it's not like he didn't hit him really really hard both time they fought. But 205 DC hits nothing like 250 DC IMO. And Jones' opinion.

Jones is smart, he'll never go to HW unless it's to fight Brock.

I felt bad for Condit TBH. His stand-up was trying so bad to look like Condit of old, but he was so fucking slow and uncoordinated... it looked pathetic TBH and I love Condit. He have to retire. I was little shocked he didn't put his gloves on the canvas and call it a day.

Circle jerks for Mendes and Condit for sure but ok there weren't massive circle jerks
I was on Chiesa, but admittedly lost big on Chad. Anyway, coming around after the event ends and talking shit to guys that were on the wrong side of fights is classic dildo behavior.

I felt bad for Condit TBH. His stand-up was trying so bad to look like Condit of old, but he was so fucking slow and uncoordinated... it looked pathetic TBH and I love Condit. He have to retire. I was little shocked he didn't put his gloves on the canvas and call it a day.
Hasn't been the same since the Lawler fight, only 34 but old af in fight years.

After the Maia he was on my fade list. I don't believe he'll ever win another fight in the UFC, unless its some scrub, should retire. Don't like fighters like Anderson Silva and BJ Penn sticking around too long, ruining their legacies.

I was on Chiesa, but admittedly lost big on Chad. Anyway, coming around after the event ends and talking shit to guys that were on the wrong side of fights is classic dildo behavior.
It's one of my favorite things to do in this forum lol

It's all light hearted though, not trying to hurt anyones feelings

I feel like you are overrating DC chances. I don't think the weightclass is a big factor. And DC is not getting any younger either.

It's like you didn't see him making light work of the best heavyweight UFC ever had - Stipe Miocic. Stipe took the best JDS had, he took the shots of Ngannou, but DC's sneaky right on the break was brutal. DC nailed Jones on the break in similar fashion in both fights, but obviously he is a lot lighter there and not carring that weight in his punch. I favour Jones to win even in HW if they fight again, but DC has a lot more chances to win. Jones won't become miraculously a knockout artist if he goes to HW. He is not that big, his upper body is big, but his legs are not. He'll give up size and punching power to DC. It's smart not to go there. Unless it's to fight Lesnar. And he knows that better than us.

It's like you didn't see him making light work of the best heavyweight UFC ever had - Stipe Miocic. Stipe took the best JDS had, he took the shots of Ngannou, but DC's sneaky right on the break was brutal. DC nailed Jones on the break in similar fashion in both fights, but obviously he is a lot lighter there and not carring that weight in his punch. I favour Jones to win even in HW if they fight again, but DC has a lot more chances to win. Jones won't become miraculously a knockout artist if he goes to HW. He is not that big, his upper body is big, but his legs are not. He'll give up size and punching power to DC. It's smart not to go there. Unless it's to fight Lesnar. And he knows that better than us.

Best heavyweight the UFC ever had - Cain Velasquez*

Fixed that autocorrect for you man!

I placed 1 unit on Nunes as my only bet on this card. Still that doesn't make up for the losses that I took on the last 3 cards. Yeah I'm happy about the win but am still down money. I bet in Vegas which doesn't give as many options as online and they also don't open betting as early so you can't hit opening lines when the odds may be better.

Back