UFC 232 PBP/Discussion

Nope, Miocic is.
He defended the title more times and fought a lot more frequently. Sitting on the bench for years at a time automatically removes you from any talks about weightclass great.

If I were Cormier, I would tell the UFC to fuck themselves and refuse to fight Jones, fight Lesnar, win, then retire.

I'm very aware of the seedy side of MMA, from the vast majority of top fighters taking anabolics and/or growth hormone, massive organized crime involvement, fixed fights, intentionally biased judging for/against a fighter, etc. but even for me, the degree of naked corruption for Jon Jones on every level, from USADA, to the CSAC to the UFC is downright comical.

Again, I would love it if Cormier simply refused to play their game.
I agree and more and more the shit we "don't" know about UFC is making me question betting and the entire sport. How many fights are fixed? How many fighters are clean? Will they ever deduct points for obvious fouls?

Wow man, hey you being content is all that matters. Content and happy that is. Thats so low though, i´d never think pinnacle would do such things, i thought that was THE place, same with 5dimes. really odd since some others bet thousands and are allowed. But much more because you´re by far one of the best betters, wont call it talent, that´d be to take away from it, rather you got hard work, experience, great learning ability, intuition and know what to look for, you´re damm good at it. Definitely if you ever gonna go back to it family members and friends is a way. I wish tehre was something to prevent those bastards from just limiting though, so disgusting. At least its happened at a time where it couldnt fit better. Definitely appreciate hearing your thoughts always, so much knowledge and gold nuggets. Happy you´re still here to share your thoughts and enjoy the fights, even more impressive with you not watching tape, memory can be a tricky friend at times, but just shows how much knowledge and experience you got, superb skill.

I was honestly wary about 5dimes after Easy got limited. I didn't really think I would because he was betting a bit more than I was, but I knew it was a possibility.

Honestly though, I was pissed for like 1 day. I stopped and thought about it, and I wasn't being the best dad I could and part of it was because I was watching tape so much. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't neglecting my kid, but I was definitely taking too much "me" time. And I have one kid, and she's all we are ever going to have. So it's even more important that she gets as much of my attention now as I can give. And that's not to say parents don't need some time of our own, because we do. But to properly cap fights now, I was having to choose between watching tape and other stuff that is (and should be) more important to me.

Getting limited for me turned out to be a good catalyst to reset my priorities. The way they do it is bogus. And if I was younger and single I would have lost my mind. But now, I'm completely at peace. Down the road my guess is that I will find my way back in. But for now, I'll live vicariously through you guys and throw a few DK lineups in the big tourneys for bigger cards and be good with that.

Well then I stand corrected. Let me know where I can find your results.
Please knock it off with the infighting. Some of your posts have already been deleted. If you have nothing insightful to add, then please take your nonsense to the heavies where its welcomed with open arms.

Please knock it off with the infighting. Some of your posts have already been deleted. If you have nothing insightful to add, then please take your nonsense to the heavies where its welcomed with open arms.
Thanks for the guidance. It is so appreciated. Brb, going to fully internalize your advice.

+15u week off a silly parlay. Wood/Ewell u2.5 not hitting was a big swing since I had a bonus bet parlay on that for like 1k.

Good week to be heavy on the unders.

Jones SUb/Dec seemed like the correct play since Jones has like nil KO potential standing. RNC there would have been nice.

Zingano was kind of a meme KO, but I had 5u on the u2.5 for a 9u profit since that was the better spot IMO.

Mendes surprised me, but managed to make it a 0.4u loss due to ends ITD, fight ends by KO and u2.5. Acknowledge an outside chance that Volk'd be able to just walk him down, but surprised Mendes' cardio went to shit that hard. Fresh Mendes was clearly the faster, harder hitter but he didn't either consolidate the TD to get some breathing room or really follow it up when he stunned Volk a few times.

Last edited:
By “fixed fights” do you mean fighters regularly takes dives? Or am I misinterpreting?

There are all sorts of scenarios, from corrupt judges/refs (Mezger-Sakuraba, to give one example) to fighters agreeing among themselves (Taktarov-Macias, Takada-Sturgeon, Takada-Coleman, Frye-Hall 2, and Ilyukhin-Sagidguseinov among obvious examples from old-school MMA).

Kind of wish he'd said something prior to the fight. Probably either knew he couldn't keep going without the roids, lost the fire or just wasn't keeping up in the gym.

I am pretty sure that was the last time that we ever got dogs odds on the lesbian lioness

I just woke up and did the math...I was on my way to my most profitable night ever before the main card where I ended up adding a lot to Cyborg after the line movement. I also had more money on Latifi than I should have, I rarely make emotional bets but I admit I did this time. And I was dead wrong about Mendes/Volkanovski...would also have cashed a 60u parlay if Mendes had gotten the finish there.

After getting slaughtered on the main card I still ended up with 1.7u profit (yay)...got another 7.2u coming in from betting on Tuivasa to be ranked in the top 15 by the end of the year so I still get to end the year on a positive note. Happy new year everybody!

*5 hours ago*

My friend (2nd time betting MMA): “hey what do you think of this 5 man parlay of Anderson Anderson Volk Nunes & Jones? $25 to win 7.5K”

Me: Large man parlays literally have less than a 5% chance of hitting I wouldn’t do it
What? That parlay returns less than 1k, not 7.5k.

And of course it has less than 5% chance of hitting. It needs to hit ~3% of the time to be profitable.

I had a small profit on this one due to Nunes. I would have been just above break even without that win. In hindsight, I also wish I would have bet the ITD with Nunes/Cyborg. Watching that fight, I have a hard time seeing them ever go 5 rounds. I just didn't know how they'd come out.

Circle jerks for Mendes and Condit for sure but ok there weren't massive circle jerks. A lot of people on Cyborg, acting way over confident. Nunes was 5-1 as a dog in the UFC entering this fight, now she's 6-1

I do think Mendes was a circle jerk and I ate the cracker on that one, but I don't think Cyborg or Condit was close to a circle jerk. I was on Nunes and Condit/Chiesa ITD. It felt like many were on those plays IMO. I wasn't in the thread as much as others though since I wasn't at the office as much.

I wish I would have seen your post on Wood. Ewell was probably the squarest play that I've made in a while.

I do think Mendes was a circle jerk and I ate the cracker on that one, but I don't think Cyborg or Condit was close to a circle jerk. I was on Nunes and Condit/Chiesa ITD. It felt like many were on those plays IMO. I wasn't in the thread as much as others though since I wasn't at the office as much.

I wish I would have seen your post on Wood. Ewell was probably the squarest play that I've made in a while.
Yeah. This card was fantastic for unders. Really annoyed at Wood/Ewell not covering the under since Ewell just kinda... conceded the fight until he didn't, but I think there was some logic to a small stab bet on Ewell KO based on Wood being pretty damned hittable. Always frustrating when a sub prop gets fucked by that sort of thing, like Pettis/Formiga where Pettis just happily gave away the fight instead of trying to improve position.

What? That parlay returns less than 1k, not 7.5k.

And of course it has less than 5% chance of hitting. It needs to hit ~3% of the time to be profitable.
I was thinking the same thing. I didn't do the math on it but 5 fight parlay shouldn't pay 7.5K on a $25 bet.

Back