UFC 235 PBP/Discussion

PuertoRican

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
9wttbdT.jpg

Main Card (PPV)

Jon Jones (23-1) vs. Anthony Smith (31-13) (Light Heavyweight Championship)
Tyron Woodley (19-3-1) vs. Kamaru Usman (14-1) (Welterweight Championship)
Robbie Lawler (28-12) vs. Ben Askren (18-0) (Welterweight)
Tecia Torres (10-3) vs. Weili Zhang (18-1) (Women's Strawweight)
Cody Garbrandt (11-2) vs. Pedro Munhoz (17-3) (Bantamweight)

Preliminary Card (ESPN)

Jeremy Stephens (28-15) vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov (16-1) (Featherweight)
Misha Cirkunov (14-4) vs. Johnny Walker (16-3) (Light Heavyweight)
Cody Stamann (17-2) vs. Alejandro Perez (21-6-1) (Bantamweight)
Diego Sanchez (28-11) vs. Mickey Gall (5-1) (Welterweight)

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Edmen Shahbazyan (8-0) vs. Charles Byrd (10-5) (Middleweight)
Gina Mazany (5-2) vs. Macy Chiasson (3-0) (Women's Bantamweight)
Polyana Viana (10-2) vs. Hannah Cifers (8-3) (Women's Strawweight)

Other

- Thomas Almeida was expected to face Marlon Vera at the event. However, Almeida pulled out of the fight on January 31 citing an injury. He was replaced by Frankie Saenz on February 2. However, the fight was cancelled entirely on February 27 when Vera pulled out of the fight due to illness.
- Ovince Saint Preux was expected to face Misha Cirkunov at the event. However on February 11, it was announced that Saint Preux suffered an injury and was pulled from the fight. He was replaced by Johnny Walker on February 12.
- Yadong Song was expected to face The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America bantamweight winner Alejandro Perez at the event, but pulled out of the bout on January 11 due to an undisclosed reason. He was replaced by Cody Stamann on February 10.

So Nevada FINALLY adopted the new rules but not the grounded opponent rule (one hand down)?

It's a great advertisement for women learning self-defense, but guys, beating up a scrawny, shriveled-up Brazilian crackhead isn't THAT big of a deal. My girlfriend would have probably mauled him too, as would most healthy adult males of normal size who occasionally exercise.

Expect the first 3 fights to end ITD, should be a goat card

Lol cifers, anybody livebetting on prelims? Ohmbet limited me

Undersized Midwest women with full-time jobs and garbage striking are way tougher than Brazilian crackhead bums!

Also, Cifers improved from her last fight, despite it being relatively recent. Viana? Not so much.

Viana pulling guard again.

Feeling pretty good about Cifers, still 2 rounds to go though.

1-1 I guess. Viana -300 cause she beat up a mentally challenged guy in Brazil? lol

Viana knocks Cifers down...then immediately pulls guard on her back. The idiocy on display is really something.

The most brilliant bet here was anyone betting over 1.5 rounds or the fight going to decision. Wish I had done that, in retrospect. When in doubt between 2 awful WMMA combatants...always bet the round over and GTD.

Cifers not gonna get credit for her body work imo

Back