1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
  2. Hey Guest, The Non Gif Shoop Contest Round 1 is now active, so cast your votes! Non Gif Shoop Contest Round 1 »

UFC 236 Holloway vs Poirier 2

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by Jordan3399, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Broe. Brown Belt

of course all dagestani fighters are, jsut look at khabib total scumbag, and people say he is honorable lol.

2. TrueAscension Brown Belt

Reis Sub is +1780 on 5d. That's silly.

3. That's that "I punch you anywhere" Safarov spirit I'm talking about lol

4. LiquidNuke Purple Belt

How inflammatory!

5. jojoRed Aint no stress on me, Lord.

Im confused, is Pantoja that much ahead of Reis on the ground? Unless Pantoja is on the back, I dont think he subs Reis.

6. Soccer Steve Purple Belt

Gotta steal the credit here and save face for Jordan. I was the one writing essays about how Craig was a 5u main and 2u prop play.
    <{yearp}>
    Still buzzing on that sub...

7. Naught2Sixty Red Belt

Strike those names and reverse them Jo.

8. TrueAscension Brown Belt

I mean I could be crazy but I think Reis is fully capable of subbing Pantoja and those odds are worth a full unit stab for me as well as a full unit parlay with Dustin but that's just because I've been very very lucky the last month or so on hitting some lottery tickets and betting e-sports so a silly couple of throw away plays to get a monster payout isn't a big deal for me.

9. DevilsPt2 Minion

Costa knew he would be a fighter from a young age, he started boxing in MS, once he got to HS, he started kickboxing and wrestling. I dont think he was looking for a NFL call up.

I hear Joe Lauzon is pretty good at BJJ, so while I dont know it, I expect Costa to know something about JJ.

I dont know how good Costas wrestling is, I actually think Davis is pretty good at defending takedowns and getting back up but his offensive wrestling is def garbage. Davis has attempted 3 takedowns in the UFC but never more than 1 per fight, I'm just really not worried about Davis taking him down and submitting him.

Whats most taxing about Davis style is his constant movement, in his feet and in his trunk, and his high volume, low accuracy striking. He throws a lot but he only lands with 33% accuracy. I'm not saying Costa is great, maybe he is, maybe he isnt but I know what Davis is. I'm not on Imadaev even though he has looked better than Costa because I think higher of Griffin than I do of Davis.

10. SBJJ Steel Belt

I think I'm ok with a guy who has landed 33% of his strikes against decent UFC level competition when he's fighting a guy who has fought 4 scrubs with 3 of the scrubs being picked up outside the local Home Depot 2 hours before their fights

I'm certain Davis will actually fight back and fight back hard. Good prospects like Wonderboy and Sage could not even pass those first hard tests when guys fought back that first time. For Costa to jump from total absolute cans to a decent UFC fighter is just crazy imo. He'd have to be a very special fighter to pass the test. Maybe he is.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  11. jojoRed Aint no stress on me, Lord.

Its been a while since Ive watched either of em. I liked Pantoja ever since I watched the RFA fight, and TUF. And I like Reis even though I cant really remember his fights other than the MM and cejudo fights.

I thought Pantoja is the RNC master from the back, and not Reis. Unless im mistaken.

12. Big money coming in on Kelvin right now. I guess the waiting was worth it and I can finally bet Adesanya lol.

Hope it’s not some inside info of an injury or something though.

13. Naught2Sixty Red Belt

Maybe I'm confused. Ascension was posting odds on Reis by sub and remarking that it's a silly line cause well it is. 5% chance?<YeahOKJen>

Then you're commenting on Pan subbing Reis and I'm like {<huh}

Maybe I should just get some more sleep lol.

14. Jordan3399 Brown Belt

I expect Davis to hit way more takedowns this fight as he likes to catch kicks and spamming high kicks vs a guy like that is a fast way to get thrown or tripped on your ass. Its just a terrible idea yet Costa has stated thats exactly what he intends to do.

And yeah Joe Lauzon has great BJJ, Costa is a far cry from Lauzon. As for Costa's background where did you hear that? I heard from a guy that knew Costa is college about how he was always mainly a football guy with a brief stint as a wrestler. Makes sense given his fighting style and complete lack of wrestling credentials. I mean maybe in interviews he's doing the whole 'I always wanted to be a fighter' thing but if he did he's been pretty awful about it.

15. Jordan3399 Brown Belt

Yeah I didn't tape anything for that apart from Craig getting KO'd for a laugh, think I put half a unit down off of you and Gugabe hyping him lol

16. jojoRed Aint no stress on me, Lord.

Definitely bruh.

I just think Pantoja isnt so far ahead of Reis on the ground that Reis by sub is +1800. Maybe im mistaken and iirc he has outgrappled guys like Sasaki etc. (good grapplers). Its a punt but its far more likely than the odds suggest.

17. OutRun I'm giving you a night call to tell you how I feel

yeah it was you, thanks mate

18. DevilsPt2 Minion

I think HK are one of the hardest to catch, second to the low leg kick, weak body kicks are the easiest. I read about Costas background in what I think was a local news article. Costa may not have fought anyone but he trains with UFC level fighters.

19. TrueAscension Brown Belt

Is 5d down for anyone else?
    Just had a +500 livebet on Liquid to beat Astralis and it went down lol

20. Austisthunder Banned Banned

@OutRun i think this is one of “those people “ you alluded to...