UFC 236 Holloway vs Poirier 2

I didn't watch Kennedy tape (bet Craig blind off of the acclaim of...Jordan I think?)

Gotta steal the credit here and save face for Jordan. I was the one writing essays about how Craig was a 5u main and 2u prop play.
<{yearp}>
Still buzzing on that sub...

Im confused, is Pantoja that much ahead of Reis on the ground? Unless Pantoja is on the back, I dont think he subs Reis.

I mean I could be crazy but I think Reis is fully capable of subbing Pantoja and those odds are worth a full unit stab for me as well as a full unit parlay with Dustin but that's just because I've been very very lucky the last month or so on hitting some lottery tickets and betting e-sports so a silly couple of throw away plays to get a monster payout isn't a big deal for me.

Don't go thinking Costa is a good wrestler he did a token amount of wrestling but focused on football mostly and now in his fights his wrestling doesn't look good at all and he's a pure striker. Also if it does hit the mat Davis has a legit BJJ purple belt while, given how raw he is in the striking department, Costa is going to probably look like a fish out of water.

As for the Zabit fight I think you're way off. Davis didn't look good cause Zabit let him he looked good cause he was fighting a very smart technical fight using a lot of feints, low kicks, teeps etc. to keep touching Zabit and outpoint him. Your argument that Zabit was figuring him out or timing him would make sense if Zabit then started countering him on the feet. Except he didn't he just grappled relentlessly until he got a sub cause he couldn't handle Davis technical striking.

And again, I don't know how you can think Davis has such a taxing style, he throws with efficient technique not loading up on anything while Costa does the opposite, throwing hard with bad technique chasing a KO like a total amateur. If this makes it to the second round and he's been fighting like that no way is he gonna look fresh. Just like Rumble, Rountree and anyway else that does that, they slow down.

Costa knew he would be a fighter from a young age, he started boxing in MS, once he got to HS, he started kickboxing and wrestling. I dont think he was looking for a NFL call up.

I hear Joe Lauzon is pretty good at BJJ, so while I dont know it, I expect Costa to know something about JJ.

I dont know how good Costas wrestling is, I actually think Davis is pretty good at defending takedowns and getting back up but his offensive wrestling is def garbage. Davis has attempted 3 takedowns in the UFC but never more than 1 per fight, I'm just really not worried about Davis taking him down and submitting him.

Whats most taxing about Davis style is his constant movement, in his feet and in his trunk, and his high volume, low accuracy striking. He throws a lot but he only lands with 33% accuracy. I'm not saying Costa is great, maybe he is, maybe he isnt but I know what Davis is. I'm not on Imadaev even though he has looked better than Costa because I think higher of Griffin than I do of Davis.

I think I'm ok with a guy who has landed 33% of his strikes against decent UFC level competition when he's fighting a guy who has fought 4 scrubs with 3 of the scrubs being picked up outside the local Home Depot 2 hours before their fights

I'm certain Davis will actually fight back and fight back hard. Good prospects like Wonderboy and Sage could not even pass those first hard tests when guys fought back that first time. For Costa to jump from total absolute cans to a decent UFC fighter is just crazy imo. He'd have to be a very special fighter to pass the test. Maybe he is.

Last edited:
Strike those names and reverse them Jo.
Its been a while since Ive watched either of em. I liked Pantoja ever since I watched the RFA fight, and TUF. And I like Reis even though I cant really remember his fights other than the MM and cejudo fights.

I thought Pantoja is the RNC master from the back, and not Reis. Unless im mistaken.

Big money coming in on Kelvin right now. I guess the waiting was worth it and I can finally bet Adesanya lol.

Hope it’s not some inside info of an injury or something though.

Its been a while since Ive watched either of em. I liked Pantoja ever since I watched the RFA fight, and TUF. And I like Reis even though I cant really remember his fights other than the MM and cejudo fights.

I thought Pantoja is the RNC master from the back, and not Reis. Unless im mistaken.
Maybe I'm confused. Ascension was posting odds on Reis by sub and remarking that it's a silly line cause well it is. 5% chance?<YeahOKJen>

Then you're commenting on Pan subbing Reis and I'm like {<huh}

Maybe I should just get some more sleep lol.

Costa knew he would be a fighter from a young age, he started boxing in MS, once he got to HS, he started kickboxing and wrestling. I dont think he was looking for a NFL call up.

I hear Joe Lauzon is pretty good at BJJ, so while I dont know it, I expect Costa to know something about JJ.

I dont know how good Costas wrestling is, I actually think Davis is pretty good at defending takedowns and getting back up but his offensive wrestling is def garbage. Davis has attempted 3 takedowns in the UFC but never more than 1 per fight, I'm just really not worried about Davis taking him down and submitting him.

Whats most taxing about Davis style is his constant movement, in his feet and in his trunk, and his high volume, low accuracy striking. He throws a lot but he only lands with 33% accuracy. I'm not saying Costa is great, maybe he is, maybe he isnt but I know what Davis is. I'm not on Imadaev even though he has looked better than Costa because I think higher of Griffin than I do of Davis.
I expect Davis to hit way more takedowns this fight as he likes to catch kicks and spamming high kicks vs a guy like that is a fast way to get thrown or tripped on your ass. Its just a terrible idea yet Costa has stated thats exactly what he intends to do.

And yeah Joe Lauzon has great BJJ, Costa is a far cry from Lauzon. As for Costa's background where did you hear that? I heard from a guy that knew Costa is college about how he was always mainly a football guy with a brief stint as a wrestler. Makes sense given his fighting style and complete lack of wrestling credentials. I mean maybe in interviews he's doing the whole 'I always wanted to be a fighter' thing but if he did he's been pretty awful about it.

Gotta steal the credit here and save face for Jordan. I was the one writing essays about how Craig was a 5u main and 2u prop play.
<{yearp}>
Yeah I didn't tape anything for that apart from Craig getting KO'd for a laugh, think I put half a unit down off of you and Gugabe hyping him lol

Maybe I'm confused. Ascension was posting odds on Reis by sub and remarking that it's a silly line cause well it is. 5% chance?<YeahOKJen>

Then you're commenting on Pan subbing Reis and I'm like {<huh}

Maybe I should just get some more sleep lol.

Definitely bruh.

I just think Pantoja isnt so far ahead of Reis on the ground that Reis by sub is +1800. Maybe im mistaken and iirc he has outgrappled guys like Sasaki etc. (good grapplers). Its a punt but its far more likely than the odds suggest.

<{yearp}>
yeah it was you, thanks mate

I expect Davis to hit way more takedowns this fight as he likes to catch kicks and spamming high kicks vs a guy like that is a fast way to get thrown or tripped on your ass. Its just a terrible idea yet Costa has stated thats exactly what he intends to do.

And yeah Joe Lauzon has great BJJ, Costa is a far cry from Lauzon. As for Costa's background where did you hear that? I heard from a guy that knew Costa is college about how he was always mainly a football guy with a brief stint as a wrestler. Makes sense given his fighting style and complete lack of wrestling credentials. I mean maybe in interviews he's doing the whole 'I always wanted to be a fighter' thing but if he did he's been pretty awful about it.

I think HK are one of the hardest to catch, second to the low leg kick, weak body kicks are the easiest. I read about Costas background in what I think was a local news article. Costa may not have fought anyone but he trains with UFC level fighters.

Is 5d down for anyone else?
Just had a +500 livebet on Liquid to beat Astralis and it went down lol

@OutRun i think this is one of “those people “ you alluded to...

Back