UFC 236 PBP/Discussion

I disagree. I also disagree that round 5 was as close as you think. (Holloway had one good flurry but was hurt multiple times and lost about 4 minutes of the round)

That being said, your statement of "it was a close fight and no one should complain" is perfectly reasonable. betterthanjones's statement of "Judges screwed up by not having it a draw", however, is not.

I'd need to rewatch round 5, but it seemed to me they landed roughly the same amount on each other and with similar effect. I saw the fight this way:

Round 1: Dustin, clearest round of the fight. Pushing up against a 10-8. I couldn't give Dustin a 10-8 there, but if someone did I wouldn't say it's the craziest thing. He had Max on skates twice.

Round 2: Dustin, second clearest round of the fight. Max landed more shots of his own, but Dustin just had more steam on his.

Round 3: Max clearly. He tuned Dustin up, Max's best round.

Round 4: Max, but close. Max landed more, and hurt Dustin with a 2 punch combo, and beat him up against the cage. Dustin did land that knee that busted Max's face open, but still Max's round. He also locked in a choke as the round expired.

Round 5: Close round. Seemed like they landed about the same amount on each other. Dustin did land the best punch of the round that wobbled Max for a second. Still a close round imo. I have zero issue with Dustin getting it, but just on watching it live I'd have given it to Max. I might change my mind if I watched it again.

I would bet an absurd amount of money on the current iteration of Poirier over Conor. Conor would not win.
If Poirier just grappled and low kicked. He's still got a sketchy chin even now get hurt by Gaethje and Alvarez and ktfo by Johnson.

Poirier came through. Can't believe I got his dec line @ +1000.

Israel underwhelmed me a decent amount. Put a bit on him since I felt like he should have been a lock, not dragged into a war by a fat WW with a 6 inch reach disadvantage and one hand.

Bobby is whole other barrel of fish but I thought Iz totally dominated KG. It should've been a finish (thank you ref for not stopping it!) against a iron chinned homer simpson. He got hurt a couple times and was wearing some damage but that's ok. KG has flatlined guys before. Anyways, ya, Wittaker is a different animal. Already looking forward to it.

R1 should be 10-8 Dustin. That's the whole point of the new rules, to distinguish very one-sided rounds so that they count for more than close rounds in close fights.

If you don't score R1 10-8, then you can conceivably score the fight to Holloway, which to me, viewing the fight as a whole, is just not right.

I would bet an absurd amount of money on the current iteration of Poirier over Conor. Conor would not win.
Conor as an underdog would be lovely. Poirier is my boy but a firefight against conor is not what he wants. I mean he could grind him out but conor can easily catch him with something and put his lights out. He's a ko artist, not a volume puncher like max.

Conor as an underdog would be lovely. Poirier is my boy but a firefight against conor is not what he wants. I mean he could grind him out but conor can easily catch him with something and put his lights out. He's a ko artist, not a volume puncher like max.

I agree with you but I don’t think 2019 Conor has the hunger / motivation to train. I suppose he could prove me wrong

I agree with you but I don’t think 2019 Conor has the hunger / motivation to train. I suppose he could prove me wrong
I agree. I would only play him as an underdog, and prob his ko line.

What I was actually implying to on the judges part was more on the 49-46 across. 48-47 is fair. I do think the fight was a draw, that's what I scored it. Careful over implying on opinions, it makes you very edgy.
Learn how to score. It was not a draw.

Anybody have the over/under in the Krylov fight? I’m just curious how it got graded.

Anybody have the over/under in the Krylov fight? I’m just curious how it got graded.

Voided on Pinnacle and DSI, I think BM graded it a loss. BS cause he tapped with 2:31 left.

Yeah mine pushed at Pinnacle too. They have it specifically listed as a push in their rules but I was curious if any books paid it out since technically 2:30 would be under because the 2nd half of the fight actually starts at 2:31, if you break it down in 150 second blocks.

I'm pleased to report that although Heritage initially graded my OSP/Krylov Under 1½ as a loss yesterday, I just checked again and they cancelled it specifically because it was announced on the exact half round. So instead of a $105.00 loss for that wager it's a push and my net profit for the card goes up from $1,831.42 to $1,936.42.

DbrLNM2.jpg

My biggest bets on the card were Griffin and Grant MLs, better lucky than good I guess. :)

Learn how to have a more open mind. I won't blame you since you probably haven't watched more than 10 PPVs worth of MMA.

Well then it's even more embarrassing if I've only watched 10 events and I can even score it correctly and you cannot. Scoring can be subjective, though in this fight it was not. You're incorrect and it's okay. It's worth looking into and learning how to score a fight might help you if you plan on betting in the future.

Dustin was clearly fading in round 3 and beyond

Holloway was just too pillow fisted

I don’t think conor would have that problem.

Back