UFC 241 Cormier vs Miocic II

Everyone picking Pettis is basically saying 'he's going to kick him', so what if Nate closes the distance and give no room to Pettis to kick?

Manny has looked great but I'd agree he's fought very low level guys and his stand up and striking defence are not good.

Everyone picking Pettis is basically saying 'he's going to kick him', so what if Nate closes the distance and give no room to Pettis to kick?
Pettis can still kick as he comes in and has way more power in the pocket. Diaz path to victory is closing the distance but it'll be very competitive even if he does it.

Plus Pettis can go to the clinch or wrestle if he wants to stuff the boxing of Diaz once he gets into his range.

Pettis path to victory is definitely more than just having to maintain kick range.

I'll probably be betting Nate Diaz fwiw

Pettis will be giving up size/reach and I give Diaz the cardio and durability advantages.

I think Nate is a bad fight for Pettis tbh af

I’m taking that Diaz +100 all day just think he’s the better fighter and Pettis isn’t finishing him.

I’m taking that Diaz +100 all day just think he’s the better fighter and Pettis isn’t finishing him.
More likely Pettis gets the finish than Nate, Nate has no power to hurt anyone. Pettis also subbed guys like Benson who easily outgrappled Nate.

cause pettis is now this "just bleed" guy all of a sudden lol
This. Wonderboy is just the type of neat fighter that Pettis can have a smart and technical performance against, but I’m not sure he’ll be the same guy against Diaz.

Watching Stipe/Cormier again, and Pettis/WB actually gives me way more faith in Stipe/Diaz.

WB was content with point fighting, slightly pressuring Pettis, and landing a solid jab on him at low volume.

Diaz will throw twice the volume that WB did, and be in the face of Pettis the whole fight.

Stipe fought a weird fight. He was for sure winning, but his gameplan of pressuring DC was peculiar, and something I'm sure he's looked back at.

He took DC down, and initiated the clinch, which is what DC wants. But even so, when he landed a solid 1-2 when he had DC against the fence, DC's facial expression changed immediately after feeling his power.

DC then eye poked the fuck out of him twice, and less than 30 seconds after the second eye poke, finished him.

Everyone is acting like DC is prime Cain and can go for 5 rounds hard while pressuring and taking down another HW.

We saw DC go 5 rounds hard most recently against Gus, which was when DC was much younger, and a fight that was contested standing the entire fight.

"But but Stipe was tired in the Francis fight". No shit, it's not easy to hold a beast like Francis down for 5 full rounds. I can guarantee DC will tire more in this fight than any other fight he's had if it goes 5 rounds.

Holding down scrubs @ lhw =/= hw by any stretch of the imagination.

Watching Stipe/Cormier again, and Pettis/WB actually gives me way more faith in Stipe/Diaz.

WB was content with point fighting, slightly pressuring Pettis, and landing a solid jab on him at low volume.

Diaz will throw twice the volume that WB did, and be in the face of Pettis the whole fight.

Stipe fought a weird fight. He was for sure winning, but his gameplan of pressuring DC was peculiar, and something I'm sure he's looked back at.

He took DC down, and initiated the clinch, which is what DC wants. But even so, when he landed a solid 1-2 when he had DC against the fence, DC's facial expression changed immediately after feeling his power.

DC then eye poked the fuck out of him twice, and less than 30 seconds after the second eye poke, finished him.

Everyone is acting like DC is prime Cain and can go for 5 rounds hard while pressuring and taking down another HW.

We saw DC go 5 rounds hard most recently against Gus, which was when DC was much younger, and a fight that was contested standing the entire fight.

"But but Stipe was tired in the Francis fight". No shit, it's not easy to hold a beast like Francis down for 5 full rounds. I can guarantee DC will tire more in this fight than any other fight he's had if it goes 5 rounds.

Holding down scrubs @ lhw =/= hw by any stretch of the imagination.
When has DC faded even close to the amount Stipe did vs Ngannou? Ngannou's wrestling technique and get ups were terrible. Cormier would of finished him inside 3 rounds like he did to Rumble who unlike Ngannou actually had a wrestling base plus the athleticism. Stipe literally just hit TDs then laid on top of him using minimal effort and still gassed. 5 rounds of striking like he had vs Gus would have been far more taxing.

Not sure about your point about holding down 'scrubs' at LHW. The skillgap between LHW and HW is massive with HWs having guys like Derrick Lewis ranked in the top 5.

Sandhagen,Smith and Heinisch are very possible winners. I give them 90% to win

Sandhagen has been takendown by every single UFC opponent of his and fightmetric credits him with stuffing just one attempt and was almost subbed twice now by Alcantara and Lineker. Find it hard to back him here when Assucano is the best MMA grappler he's faced by far. Best striker as well a decent margin, bit surprised he was even the favourite.

Sandhagen has been takendown by every single UFC opponent of his and fightmetric credits him with stuffing just one attempt and was almost subbed twice now by Alcantara and Lineker. Find it hard to back him here when Assucano is the best MMA grappler he's faced by far. Best striker as well a decent margin, bit surprised he was even the favourite.
seriously? <36>

He did and it wasn't a good look, but that was a 1 weeks short notice fight and a fight at 145. He looked sloppy that fight..and still got the finish. How often does Assunacao shot these days? and how successful has he been over the span of his career with getting the td? He is slowing and on the decline at 37 while Sand is on the up rise.

Speed and footwork will be too much for Raphael. And no his calf kicks don't really worry me since Sand will be consistently switching stances, not giving Raphael a set target to kick over and over.

You live on Sherdog with you little 5 posts a day and always have a opinion on something when it's clear your off many times with your breakdowns lol. You grasp things as a whole on the surface but miss so many little intangibles when breaking down fights that make a huge difference in how a fight goes. Got some learning to do kid :)

Assauncao is overrated , his tdd isnt bad but he doesnt shoot. If I wanted to bet him than I would send him a gameplan to win but I bet Sandhagen so no gameplan, he will lose

He did and it wasn't a good look, but that was a 1 weeks short notice fight and a fight at 145. He looked sloppy that fight..and still got the finish. How often does Assunacao shot these days? and how successful has he been over the span of his career with getting the td? He is slowing and on the decline at 37 while Sand is on the up rise.

Speed and footwork will be too much for Raphael. And no his calf kicks don't really worry me since Sand will be consistently switching stances, not giving Raphael a set target to kick over and over.

You live on Sherdog with you little 5 posts a day and always have a opinion on something when it's clear your off many times with your breakdowns lol. You grasp things as a whole on the surface but miss so many little intangibles when breaking down fights that make a huge difference in how a fight goes. Got some learning to do kid :)
He's been far more successful with his TDs than Sandhagen has ever been defending them, even a 'slowing and on the decline at 37' Alcantara took him down with just a wizzer easily. He's also happily gone to them when he needs to before, took Font down and smothered him recently easily.

You talk about my analysis being off but you are still completely overlooking the grappling threat and instead go for condescending comments that do nothing but highlight the lack of substance in your actual argument. Here's a 'little intangible' you seem to be overlooking on this a guy you want to maxbet, he can't stuff TDs for shit.

He's been far more successful with his TDs than Sandhagen has ever been defending them, even a 'slowing and on the decline at 37' Alcantara took him down with just a wizzer easily. He's also happily gone to them when he needs to before, took Font down and smothered him recently easily.

You talk about my analysis being off but you are still completely overlooking the grappling threat and instead go for condescending comments that do nothing but highlight the lack of substance in your actual argument. Here's a 'little intangible' you seem to be overlooking on this a guy you want to maxbet, he can't stuff TDs for shit.
lol man you just don't learn do you, I wonder how long it is till people completely tune you out lol.

First off Alcantara stunned him, which lead Sand backing up into the cage which allowed the td. He was still trying to recover from the shot when the wizzer came. And Font tdd fucking sucks lol

Once again just looking at stats or things on the surface without looking at the intangibles smh

lol man you just don't learn do you, I wonder how long it is till people completely tune you out lol.

First off Alcantara stunned him, which lead Sand backing up into the cage which allowed the td. He was still trying to recover from the shot when the wizzer came. And Font tdd fucking sucks lol

Once again just looking at stats or things on the surface without looking at the intangibles smh
Is it better that Sandhagen got manhandled and stunned by a 39 year old before he cardiodumped, or that he's just got bad TDD? Neither is exactly a good look.

Sandhagen was incredibly lucky to get the Lineker decision, main issue with Assuncao is that he just doesn't put out much output... but then again Sandhagen is the most defensively void fighter he's been against since Font, so a Font-style whooping's pretty possible.

Back