UFC 241 PBP/Discussion

"Stipe Miocic is the greatest heavyweight OF ALL TIME! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO ARGUMENT!"

For fuck's sake Joe, you were doing so well this PPV in not saying anything fucking retarded, and you just HAD to ruin it with one of the dumbest, utterly out of place statements ever.

I mean

You can't say you had a great performance when you were clearly 0-3 going to the fourth. Eating all those punches that could've easily ko'ed you is def not part of the gameplan. Great adjustment by stipe's corner and awesome ko, but dc is the better fighter in my book.
But he didn't get knocked out, and praising corner instead of Stipe is just insulting lmao

But he didn't get knocked out, and praising corner instead of Stipe is just insulting lmao
Edited. Yeah i didn't meant that. Stipe is my boy too, sad about dc tho. Stipe said it was his coach who told him about the hook in between rds.

Great night of fights but losing night for me :(

It's an impressive performance in showcasing Stipe's toughness, resilience, fight IQ, chin, and cardio.

It's a very unimpressive performance in claiming Stipe is supremely talented and unbeatable, which is what one wants out of a supposed "greatest of all time".

I hope people keep peddling this Narrative hard, though. N'Gannou has been a money-making machine for me against Blaydes, Cain, and JDS, and I'm already salivating at betting him hard against Stipe.

Poop on my parlay but almost worth it to have someone see that DC was throwing his right blindly high leaving his body open for the left hook.

A simple boxing adjustment and DC wilts.

It's an impressive performance in showcasing Stipe's toughness, resilience, fight IQ, chin, and cardio.

It's a very unimpressive performance in claiming Stipe is supremely talented and unbeatable, which is what one wants out of a supposed "greatest of all time".

I hope people keep peddling this Narrative hard, though. N'Gannou has been a money-making machine for me against Blaydes, Cain, and JDS, and I'm already salivating at betting him hard against Stipe.
I respectfully disagree with the first one. As i said, stipe didn't do a good fight at all until the adjustment in the last round. If your gameplan is to get fucked up for three rounds and hope to be alive in the fourth to be able to ko your opponent, your fight iq isn't that good. Stipe's iq was very good in the ngannou fight, not this one.

I think ngannou could be a good bet too. Ngannou has a granite chin and stipe is susceptible. Think francis should've improved his grappling and tdd during this time. Hope there's good odds.

Last edited:
"Stipe Miocic is the greatest heavyweight OF ALL TIME! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO ARGUMENT!"

For fuck's sake Joe, you were doing so well this PPV in not saying anything fucking retarded, and you just HAD to ruin it with one of the dumbest, utterly out of place statements ever.
How is he not? Fedor's the only real competition at this point.

If not Stipe then who? It really depends on the criteria. I have been watching MMA since UFC 1. I remember back between 2002 - 2008 Fedor seemed invincible. His aura was mythical. But competition was much different back then. Can you imagine someone awkward like Tim Sylvia being heavyweight champion nowadays?

How is he not? Fedor's the only real competition at this point.

I think "greatest of all time" discussions are fucking stupid and irrelevant by their very nature, and betray a low-level understanding of fighting, so I'm not interested in belaboring the point, except to note that I would put at least 5u on prime Fedor, prime Cain, slightly younger and less banged-up Cormier and at least 3u on prime JDS versus any version of Miocic at evens.

This conversation will also be much funnier to read right after Miocic rematches N'Gannou.

I could’ve had a guaranteed 1K profit instead I doubled down on DC for the potential 10K payout

The chase of the max payout / lack of discipline is my downfall.

Only got 1 wrong out of 7 tonight. Ironically it was the closer of my 6 man parlay

I don't doubt DC had value, leaning Miocic myself at the moment. Or at least DC on the cards. Still behind on my tape a bit but I like to guess how things play out. Thoughts on the main event. Say DC wins, again, potential JJ rematch even if he wins that its 2-1 Jones or 1-1 depending on how you see its a great legacy win or lose to either fighter either way DC hangs up a belt/belts soon. Stipe wins he redeems himself he climbs up in the pfp rankings then people want to know Jones Miocic who is the best?

Jones Stipe might be fun

I think "greatest of all time" discussions are fucking stupid and irrelevant by their very nature, and betray a low-level understanding of fighting, so I'm not interested in belaboring the point, except to note that I would put at least 5u on prime Fedor, prime Cain, slightly younger and less banged-up Cormier and at least 3u on prime JDS versus any version of Miocic at evens.

This conversation will also be much funnier to read right after Miocic rematches N'Gannou.
Yeah I want to see the lines on that one.

I can't top a night like this.

I'm cashing out, up a good deal finally after a bad few months.

I need to pay some bills, and just savor this moment.

I'll still lurk, I left 100$ in my account to freeroll with, but I'm out the game for a while fellas.

It was literally kill or be killed tonight, and I came through huge.

I love this sub, everyone(for the most part) has some really good insight that I've used on multiple occasions to win money.

The 3 bets I had tonight I placed in late May though, before this discussion was even made. Sometimes you get lucky, MMA is a very unforgiving sport, both for fighters and bettors.

+6u on the night, and felt like I was on the right side with Esquibel, Davis and Benitez in losing efforts.

I'll still lurk, I left 100$ in my account to freeroll with, but I'm out the game for a while fellas.

I love this sub, everyone(for the most part) has some really good insight that I've used on multiple occasions to win money.

The 3 bets I had tonight I placed in late May though, before this discussion was even made. Sometimes you get lucky, MMA is a very unforgiving sport, both for fighters and bettors.

See you in 2 weeks for Sumudaejeri v Soukhamthath

I went 7-1 on the first 8 fights and the 0-4 to close out.

<28>

Cobra-Cormier will be forever known as Thumbelina-Cormier from now on. I loved how Cruz called that eye poke between rounds. Also loved how Thumbelina crumbled down like a gingerbread house.
<36>

Last edited:
Cobra-Cormier will be forever known as Thumbelina-Cormier from now on. I loved how Cruz called that eye poke between rounds. Also loved how Thumbelina crumbled down like a gingerbread house.
<36>
Can't hate too much I think his age and life between espn the media the Lewis fight takes a toll. World class wrestler yes but father time takes his toll. Stipe came in the fresher man and I think everyone knew this fight meant more for Miocic than DC. Fighting a size advantage and age disadvantage doesn't doesn't help even if you may be more skilled.

Awesome job. Congrats bro. Catch you next week!

Back