UFC 242 Khabib vs Poirier

I agree with the rest, hell even Herb was more interested in watching the fight than any of Conor's fouls. Idk about Ladd though I feel like that was a trap for anyone looking at here record. She just plodded forward to clinch like a penguin with separation anxiety. I think it was a mercyful stoppage and every minute of that 15 would have looked the same.
Thanks, you actually answered the question I asked PolarBearPaulVarelans one point up. Herb overlooking egregious fouls seems like a good indication of which way The Company hoped the fight would go.

BTW, how did you find out which way Dana’s bosses wanted those fights to go? I would think they keep that info to themselves and Dana.
He isn't too shy about the young talent he prefers. Listening to some of his comments to the media often you can tell who he favors and who he finds to be disagreeable. I think someone else mentioned the whole first Chinese UFC champ thing was pushed pretty hard, part of what scared me off Andrade. It may only be marketing but again I don't think the UFC did Jessica any favors with the match let alone the venue.

im taking felder/barb ends itd

+105

i think someone is getting stopped
i think felder's durable as hell, i could see it going to decision again very easily (Especially with a barboza win)

but even if Felder were to win, he didn't put away Vick who seems to have a pretty glass jaw

i would vote not itd

Thanks, you actually answered the question I asked PolarBearPaulVarelans one point up. Herb overlooking egregious fouls seems like a good indication of which way The Company hoped the fight would go.
That may have been an extreme case though. As Mcgregors face on posters was like printing money for the UFC. Either way I think you can listen to some of Dana's comments for an idea of who they. All that said I think the value is on the smaller cards. Lines seem closer, less hype means odds probably don't get bet into the ground, easier to pick find valuable picks, seems like the odds makers can get a little lazy wikicapping if it's not a big card and I'm fine with that. I like next weeks card alot better than 242 from a betting angle. Just my two cent some of the more experienced member may have a better take

BTW, how did you find out which way Dana’s bosses wanted those fights to go? I would think they keep that info to themselves and Dana.

In some cases, we don't.

In other cases, given the fighters the UFC has been promoting like hell, or who have made colossal amounts of money for them, versus older fighters who the UFC has had problems with and who will never be stars, it's quite clear.

Again, there isn't any certainty either way. Moreover, utside of truly mega match-ups like Khabib vs. McGregor, most of their fights, even world title ones, don't affect the UFC's bottom line, much if at all.

Many people were worried about Andrade vs. Zhang, but how the hell does Zhang winning increase the UFC's revenue?

MAYBE she moves the needle slightly for UFC events held in China, but that's about it.

Many people were also worried about how much the UFC was pushing Aspen Ladd, promoting her, and how preferable she would be as an intriguing challenger to Amanda Nunes versus GDR, who an inferior version of Nunes had already decimated in round 1.

GDR goes out and knocks her out in about 20 seconds.

I
if at all.

Many people were worried about Andrade vs. Zhang, but how the hell does Zhang winning increase the UFC's revenue?

MAYBE she moves the needle slightly for UFC events held in China, but that's about it.

I don’t think they expect to ever make a dime in China. But if the Party and the UFC are looking to jump-start MMA in China, Zhang’s victory will be made use of.

UFC has a larger mission than just making money. Look at One FC. 8 years of essentially zero revenue, yet Sequoia Capital, et al don’t stop providing them with funding.

Ok guys , parlay city
Dustin
Augusto Sakai
Crute
Khalil Rountree
Israel
100 to win alot of zlotis
Dude wtf is this? Better donate that money to a dog shelter. Trying to get rich quickly huh?

Have to work early tomorrow Idk if ill have time to place my bets as they go on so here are all my bets now as alwalys all EASY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! bet them now

Ziam Madge- Under 2.5-140
Ahkmedov Cummings-Over 2.5-180
Taleb Salikov-Over 2.5-170
Muhmmad wins by dec-146
Azatair Packalen-Under1.5 +110
Jojua-160
Zughov Murphy- Over 2,5-190
Lee wins by dec-115
Ferreria Tausimnov-Over 2.5+105
Blades abdurhakimov-Over 1.5-180
Makachev wins by dec-175
Felder+115
Nurmagdemov Poirer-Under 3.5+105

I don’t think they expect to ever make a dime in China. But if the Party and the UFC are looking to jump-start MMA in China, Zhang’s victory will be made use of.

UFC has a larger mission than just making money. Look at One FC. 8 years of essentially zero revenue, yet Sequoia Capital, et al don’t stop providing them with funding.

OneFC is a giant money laundering front, dude. They're losing colossal amounts of money, with expenditures going up each year while income stays flat.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/10/17/17976862/one-championship-look-finances-mma-one-fc-losses

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulgi...nancial-metrics-since-inception/#515d1488470e

You know how difficult it can be to predict fights despite having extensive tape on all the fighters' most recent matches?

Well, guessing at a company's broader financial goals, strategies, when/where they will meddle with the result of the fights, how, and why is a hundred times harder, since you have way less tangible information, and can only guess at some of the variables/considerations involved, nevermind their values.

Better to focus on the former and mostly ignore the latter.

OneFC is a giant money laundering front, dude. They're losing colossal amounts of money, with expenditures going up each year while income stays flat.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/10/17/17976862/one-championship-look-finances-mma-one-fc-losses

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulgi...nancial-metrics-since-inception/#515d1488470e

You know how difficult it can be to predict fights despite having extensive tape on all the fighters' most recent matches?

Well, guessing at a company's broader financial goals, strategies, when/where they will meddle with the result of the fights, how, and why is a hundred times harder, since you have way less tangible information, and can only guess at some of the variables/considerations involved, nevermind their values.

Better to focus on the former and mostly ignore the latter.
Makes sense.

Barry's "One Play a Day" for UFC 242: KHABIB VS. POIRIER

SuLCo6R.png

"Rome wasn't built in a day"

If betting was easy, everybody would be rich! We accumulate profits slowly but surely over the course of time. Study all the angles and intricacies that the average mug is oblivious to.

Tip of the day: There's more value in prelim/mid card fights than the main.

** If you find Barrygood1's advice, tips and free picks helpful please give yours truly a big shout out. Appreciate any and all support. I study religiously and work my butt off providing you these picks as a means to give back to the Sherdog betting community.

- Barry

i think felder's durable as hell, i could see it going to decision again very easily (Especially with a barboza win)

but even if Felder were to win, he didn't put away Vick who seems to have a pretty glass jaw

i would vote not itd
I took a small stab at Felder NSC. I think you're right no reason this shouldn't end like the first. Felder has shown he can crowd Edson's offense well enough to avoid a KO maybe even get a win. Doubt Edson throws up an arm bar so that should leave decision as Barboza's path although a slick KO isn't beyond him. I think Felder surprises with a sharp gameplan though

madge, lee, and taleb parley or abdurakhimova ML?

Ya I know what you saying. Let me not come across as a dick because your right you don’t need to train MMA to be able to break down fights and I know some people myself that are good at breaking down fights with zero MMA training.

But those are a small percentage of people and to achieve that you need to love this sport and be a die hard fan and get years of experience in before you can fully grasp things. Just like a small percentage of people who bet MMA profit long term, this isn’t easy to do.

On top of training MMA I have watched this sports since 2006 and haven’t missed a event since then, I love this shit and it’s the best sport in the world Imo. Hence why I started training it too lol.

You didn't sound like a dick brother. We share the same love for the sport, I'm sure it would be rad to have a few beers together and watch Gaethje put Cowboy into another dimension

Quite like Barboza here.

I feel like I tend to have a decent read on his fights (think I've correctly called the winner on all his fights since the first Felder or Michael Johnson fight - was on Gaethje against him last fight and on him versus Hooker).

I think Barboza will win a kickboxing battle here. Felder will be trying to pressure him but I don't think will have enough power to follow a Gaethje gameplan, and Barboza has fantastic takedown defence outside of the elite fighters, along with Felder not having great takedowns so this should play out on the feet.

Edson is pretty strong in the clinch too and I don't see Felder being able to muscle him around here and keep Edson there for too long.

Felder does have good striking, I just think Edson is a step above him there and should be able to win a close but clear decision.

Will be interesting to see how the heat plays into it, I could see Edson maybe slowing down in the 3rd and Felder nicking that round through activity, but I don't think Barboza will be a dead man walking if it goes into the 3rd.

As an aside, pissed off that BT have made this a PPV just because it's a good airing time in the UK. Was hoping to nip out with a mate to watch this in a bar, but with it being PPV they won't have it on so if I want to watch it I'll be staying at home and have to watch it via different methods. Fuckers.

That may have been an extreme case though. As Mcgregors face on posters was like printing money for the UFC. Either way I think you can listen to some of Dana's comments for an idea of who they. All that said I think the value is on the smaller cards. Lines seem closer, less hype means odds probably don't get bet into the ground
What kind of bs is that? Then you should always take the big dog of course. A line can never be bet into the ground lol.

Back