UFC 242 Main and Co-Main event picks

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
UFC 242 Khabib vs Porier.. -September 7th in Abu Dhabi... Card is only 2 weeks away!!!!!!!
Pumped for these two fights for sure! It's a treat any time Khabib fights and Porier is a monster.

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Dustin Porier - Not gonna go out on too much of a limb here... As much as I want to pick Porier do to his striking advantage and the fact that he is most likely Khabib's toughest opponent to date...... My pick is still Khabib by dominant 5 round Unanimous Decision in which he tosses Porier around like he does to every opponent he has faced. Expect scores of 49-46.. Maybe Khabib even gets stunned once or twice... I would not be terribly suprised by an upset here though. Porier's size has been overlooked and he is not easy to keep down. But still..... Khabib by UD

Edson Barboza vs Paul Felder - This is a tough fight to call but I think Felder gets it done in a bloody fight in which Barboza folds in round 3. ... Seems like Felder and Barboza are headed down opposite paths since Barboza beat him in 2015. The Pick is Paul Felder by 3rd round TKO in a war

Now post your picks and explain.

Last edited:
Pretty weak card. They are really banking on Khabib Vs Poirier.

I'm picking Khabib though

UFC 242 Khabib vs Porier.. -September 7th in Abu Dhabi... Card is only 2 weeks away!!!!!!!
Pumped for these two fights for sure! It's a treat any time Khabib fights and Porier is a monster.

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Dustin Porier - Not gonna go out on too much of a limb here... As much as I want to pick Porier do to his striking advantage and the fact that he is most likely Khabib's toughest opponent to date...... My pick is still Khabib by dominant 5 round Unanimous Decision in which he tosses Porier around like he does to every opponent he has faced. Expect scores of 49-46.. Maybe Khabib even gets stunned once or twice... I would not be terribly suprised by an upset here though. Porier's size has been overlooked and he is not easy to keep down. But still..... Khabib by UD

Edson Barboza vs Paul Felder - This is a tough fight to call but I think Felder gets it done in a bloody fight in which Barboza folds in round 3. ... Seems like Felder and Barboza are headed down opposite paths since Barboza beat him in 2015. The Pick is Paul Felder by 3rd round TKO in a war

Now post your picks and explain.
I got Dustin in the main. I know that makes me an idiot, but I am done counting him out. If anyone can upset Khabib, it's an unassuming, journeyman-style fighter like Dustin. I know this is 100% emotional, but I don't care.

I don't think Barboza and Felder are going down opposite paths

Barboza has only lost to a couple elite and very good guys since he beat Felder

If you look at their fights since then Felder has had a ridiculously easier time matchup wise

Just looking at their losses
Felder: Pearson, Trinaldo, Perry
Barboza: Ferguson, Khabib, Lee, Gaethje

I got Dustin in the main. I know that makes me an idiot, but I am done counting him out. If anyone can upset Khabib, it's an unassuming, journeyman-style fighter like Dustin. I know this is 100% emotional, but I don't care.
And Volkan is coming for that lhw belt too!

Poirier and Felder.

While I'm of the same mindset that Khabib should win easily, I'm going with the underdog here. Dustin has a solid shot and is being slept on, here's to hoping he can cap off a tremendous story with a win.

<PlusJuan>

I like Khabib and wouldn't be mad either way.

Khabib vs. Poirier
Landslide. One thing I think we'll see in this fight, though, is Khabib 'rocked' properly for the first time - I have this image of Poirier landing a short, stepping elbow in the pocket at some point ealy in the fight and Khabib being visibly wobbled/stunned. But Khabib will just do what he does best. If Al can go 5rounds, so can Dustin. But it won't even be close.
Khabib, UD (50-45 across the board)

Barboza vs. Felder II

Nothing I've seen from either guy suggests this fight will be anything but a re-run. 15mins of sparring, I don't see either guy getting dropped or badly hurt but Barboza will eke out the decision.
Barboza, UD (29-28 across the board)

Back