UFC 242 PBP/Discussion

Fuck the only round prop I didn't play was 3rd round khabib FUCK

If he wasn't gassed already that guillotine attempt will do it...

Hopefully a quick turn around from Khabib and he fights Tony this year

Wow.

Poirier was a great, great fighter, and outside of being briefly wobbled early in round 2, Khabib ran through him.

His greatest victory, in my mind.

ITD and rd3 cashes. I actually called khabib rd3 sub on a diff forum

Dustin landed the hardest shot anyone has on Khabib though. Good effort.

Bad bet on Dustin. Would've been a nice winning night if Taisumov didn't fuck everything up

Knew I went too hard on Lee a well she fought well but does seem to match her opponents pace

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-09-07-14-10-23.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-07-14-10-23.png
    222.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_2019-09-07-16-54-13.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-07-16-54-13.png
    310.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2019-09-07-16-54-36.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-07-16-54-36.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2019-09-07-16-56-15.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-07-16-56-15.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 6
I love DUSTIN! I don't even know now who can stop KHABIB. I thought Tony Ferguson, but now I am not so sure!

Dustin landed the hardest shot anyone has on Khabib though. Good effort.
This is some kind of achievement. But if he really wanted to win he would gear his gameplan towards winning the rounds, not banking on a KO shot.
Fucking stay away from the fences... He had a good idea what to do once on the fence, but YOU ARE STILL WITH YOUR BACK AGAINST THE FENCE AND YOU ARE IN HIS WORLD!!!
The only guy currently who can even challege Khabib is Tony. Both because he has cardio and because he is TOUGH TO MAKE GO BACK. He is always in forward motion and thus making himself hard to get pinned to the fence and worked over Khabib's style.

I love DUSTIN! I don't even know now who can stop KHABIB. I thought Tony Ferguson, but now I am not so sure!
Agree. Khabib is too good with his wrestling. Ferg is the fight to make still.

Knew I went too hard on Lee a well she fought well but does seem to match her opponents pace

That killed me. She had a clear grappling advantage, but the heat got to her and she faded badly.

Some fool in the comments (Andreh) in another thread was making fun of me saying that the only way for Poirier to win is by decision.

Was I wrong? Yes, Poirier may be a KO artist,
but Khabib is extremely cautious, he doesn't take too many risks,
if he is backed up he has fast enough feet to escape long before you can set up a good shot,
and he is hard to even wobble because of that fat ass head.

You take your time.... Conserve energy and play a strategic game with this mofo. Stay well away. Set up a long distance and play with long strikes like the front kick, jab, maybe some bodypunches, and a lot of fakes.

You don't wanna make it a battle of wills. It's just not gonna do anything. His will is more powerfull and he is the better overal athlete 10 out of 10 times. Poirier was absolutely unprepared to face this demon. Sorry.

man i got absolutely killed, worst night of the year for me. taisumov random gas tank implosion and the suspect barboza decision mainly.

man i got absolutely killed, worst night of the year for me. taisumov random gas tank implosion and the suspect barboza decision mainly.
i always thought taisumov is a lot worse than his record shows and I was even close to writing everywhere that cdf will win (i think in some very very old non betting thread i wrote that i am very confident in cdf, i have to find it)but freaking vivisection guys made me rethink this.. fuck them. :D i don't write everywhere what i think anymore unless i am 100% sure because after the fight everybody comes to my comment and give me royal shit for it :D

Cdf looked like he was on EPO or some shit lol. Unreal colby/usman-esque non stop pressure in that inferno stadium.

Back