UFC 242 PBP/Discussion

found it. it was a comment on a thread about the ufc 242 poster
Pretty good looking poster, not gonna lie. Interesting and different.
I feel pretty confident CDF is gonna win and for Dustin... he throws bombs, has cardio, serviceable wrestling and above average grappling. So far so good... He has good chances if come up with smart gameplan and sticks to it. He is physically overmatched, tho. Other fights I don't have an idea. :)

Small losing night for me, it's ok. Felder unexpectedly saved my ass lol, and i honestly didn't like that bet and for good reason. Good for felder, good guy and great fighter but he lost that one. Makhachev should beat him but he matches up very good with the strikers in the lw div.

Small losing night for me, it's ok. Felder unexpectedly saved my ass lol, and i honestly didn't like that bet and for good reason. Good for felder, good guy and great fighter but he lost that one. Makhachev should beat him but he matches up very good with the strikers in the lw div.
I have to rewatch it as I tuned out a little. Felder did push a pace on Edson in the later rounds and had him looking hurt . Like the first fight though it could have gone either way.

I have to rewatch it as I tuned out a little. Felder did push a pace on Edson in the later rounds and had him looking hurt . Like the first fight though it could have gone either way.
It's no robbery but i think it should've gone to edson. Felder did very good but thought edson did just a bit more. He got the best out of paul in the grappling dpt too, judges didn't seem to value it as much as usual. Felder did damage off his back with elbows tho and while barboza threw more volume the first two rounds, felder was always pushing the action so, as i said, it's no robbery.

i always thought taisumov is a lot worse than his record shows and I was even close to writing everywhere that cdf will win (i think in some very very old non betting thread i wrote that i am very confident in cdf, i have to find it)but freaking vivisection guys made me rethink this.. fuck them. :D i don't write everywhere what i think anymore unless i am 100% sure because after the fight everybody comes to my comment and give me royal shit for it :D

i doubt there were many cdf bettors who expected him to win standing. i think taisumov was compromised by the heat, looked very labored all fight.

i doubt there were many cdf bettors who expected him to win standing. i think taisumov was compromised by the heat, looked very labored all fight.

I had CDF all week but I picked him more becsuse he's more well rounded and t
Taisumov never fights

Whats with the circlejerk on felder?
I don't get the hype around him, but maybe because people think he has some value. And as bad as Felder is, Barboza is not good either. Sure - faster, better athlete, but god damn this guy is so easy to gameplan for. I honestly expect a very close, split decision type of fight this time. One fighter is where he always was, and the other developed somewhat, but not enough to be an easy pick for the win. Even God himself doesn't know who is gonna win this fight :D
So I guess I had a pretty good feel for that fight, huh.. :D

Anything worse than someone bragging about a somewhat obvious result?

so moras best underdog of the card!
<{cruzshake}>

<This7>

tenor.gif
<{you!}>

Yes, people complaining about people bragging when they call a fight exactly how it plays out.
Tbf most of the guys bragging about how fights played out are talking about fights where the heat was a major deciding factor. I don't see how anybody can claim to have somehow predicted that.

Tbf most of the guys bragging about how fights played out are talking about fights where the heat was a major deciding factor. I don't see how anybody can claim to have somehow predicted that.

You don't know it was the heat, maybe the guys that slowed would have slowed no matter what. Felder and Barboza never slowed, Khabib and Dustin never.

It's weird, people on here spend the whole week making their picks, arguing their point, predicting how the fight will play out... Then when they get it right, sometimes dead on they are supposed to just act like it was luck or a coincidence. Not me!

You don't know it was the heat, maybe the guys that slowed would have slowed no matter what. Felder and Barboza never slowed, Khabib and Dustin never.

It's weird, people on here spend the whole week making their picks, arguing their point, predicting how the fight will play out... Then when they get it right, sometimes dead on they are supposed to just act like it was luck or a coincidence. Not me!
You can clearly see the heat had a big part. To pretend otherwise is just delusional capping that will lead to worse future results.

When have Taisumov or Lee slowed before? They both won r1 no problem then suddenly slowed. I remember Calderwood for example being +750 live then 8 minutes in Lee stopped dominanting. Barboza slowed significantly but didn't at all in the first fight with Felder making that a coin flip dec too. Tuk would have likely won a clear R2 at least if he didn't slow and won a dec as well.

Wouldn't surprise me if all 4 were totally different in different conditions.

You can clearly see the heat had a big part. To pretend otherwise is just delusional capping that will lead to worse future results.

When have Taisumov or Lee slowed before they both won r1 no problem then suddenly slowed. I remember Calderwood for example being +750 live. Barboza slowed significantly but didn't at all in the first fight with Felder making that a coin flip dec too. Tuk would have likely won a clear R2 at least if he didn't slow and won a dec as well.

I for one will be bragging about every correct pick I make and putting every bad one down to unpredictable unknowns

Madge was interviewed in the back after his fight and said he couldn't breathe properly during fight. It absolutely played a role.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back