1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
  2. Hey Guest, The Non Gif Shoop Contest Round 1 is now active, so cast your votes! Non Gif Shoop Contest Round 1 »

UFC 244 PBP/Discussion

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by PuertoRican, Nov 2, 2019.

1. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

Those other fights have nothing to do with this. The cut was pretty bad, I agree. But much worse cuts have been allowed to continue, and on top of that it never got worse than it was after rd 1. If it was that bad, why not stop it after rd 1?

Nate is known for cardio, Jorge isn't (not that he has bad cardio at all, but it's not a signature like it is for Nate). I also agree Nate was getting busted up badly, but he was quite obviously still in the fight. Not hurt (aside from the eye) or wobbly, ready to continue.

What's frustrating is that it's so far from universal in how the decision makers deal with these situations.

2. LEMONZEST Planning parlays...

so true

3. Exactly. The inconsistency irritates the fuck out of me.

Nate was getting his ass beat, probably down 30-26, but he was fighting for my money. Very slim chance of him winning, but what the fuck, his eye wasn't nearly as bad as it was earlier in the fight.

There's always some fucking bullshit that goes on in New York, I'm still way up for the night, but that's infuriating.

Diaz gets finished in rds 4/5? Alright it's all good, I still went 4/6 for the night, 4/5 on the main card. But let him go out on his fucking sword.

4. PolarBearPaulVarelans Brown Belt

To be fair, have you heard Nate talk? He is badly brain damaged already. What difference does a brain cell or two matter at this point?

5. Kowboy Karl Black Belt

Diaz bums always lose by cut and rightfully so

they’ve taken too many beatings

6. Jordan3399 Brown Belt

Mas might not be known for cardio but he's gone 5 rounds fine before and Diaz has faded in his last 2. If he couldn't finish Conor who gassed in 8 minutes he wasn't finishing Masvidal who was still relatively fresh going at the end.

Agree with the lack of consistency but it was still a sizeable cut and it was extremely unlikely Diaz was going to win.

Also was referencing the other fights cause of how Rogan acted like this was some unprecedented level of dominance over Nate.

7. Kamais_Ookin Red Belt

Too bad masvidal going to be like -500 in the rematch, that -150 price looked badly mispriced.

8. ApplesVild Banned Banned

Don't think they should have stopped the fight but at the same time Diaz was fucked

9. Broe. Brown Belt

To be fair he sounded equally retarded in an interview i saw from ten years ago.

10. PolarBearPaulVarelans Brown Belt

He sounds more retarded and slurry nowadays to me, but yes, he was retarded and brain-damaged for a long, long time.

11. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

Well yeah, Rogan is walking hyperbole. Nate had 11 losses coming in, anyone who follows the sport knows he's a good and durable fighter but not at the top of the heap.

Masvidal most likely wins easily...just stupid that there's such a wide variety of decisions made on similar situations depending on who's making the decision.

12. phased1 Yellow Belt

rematch would be pointless the fight wasnt even competitive

13. ill800 Founder of Eugenics Society of Gambling Banned

Anyone betting Diaz was banking on the championship rounds

Yea he probably wouldn’t have finished mas, but he himself admitted the game plan was to up the pace starting the 4th.

in retrospect I should’ve just live bet Nate and prebet mas when he got down to -135

End up tanking on the main card tonight and losing after being up 14 units

Gillespie was the big swing fight for me

14. Crimp_Keeper Brown Belt Platinum Member

yeah, more like 30-26 Gastelum. Till did nothing but grab onto kelvin. Got taken down twice in the final round. Landed zero significant strikes because he was too busy trying not to get KTFO. That was one of the most lackluster performances from a dude that talks that much shit. I actually barely watched it it was that boring.

15. Larthus Orange Belt

Absolute best case scenario for UFC marketing. Nate doesn’t lose a 5 round decision, Doctor stopping causes controversy to market rematch and defense of BMF belt

Uncle Dana needs to PayPal the doctor for his contribution

16. ill800 Founder of Eugenics Society of Gambling Banned

Was just thinking about Lewis vs Ivanov and how people say beast improved

I didn’t see it. He looked like he always looks. I thought he lost the fight. He had his moments where he landed but most of the time Blagoy was controlling the pace, holding him against the cage, taking him down and threatening him with submissions.

beast makes up for a lot of his flaws by being ridiculously strong.

Did beast looked better by not looking like he was going to fill his britches for two out of three rounds? Yea, I guess that’s a big improvement for him.

17. Red_2 Orange Belt

I don't know how you score that fight for Gastelum, unless you're biased and lost money on him.

18. Broe. Brown Belt

You have a very strange way of looking at things. Also none of the media scored it for Ivanov. Ivanov wasnt landing anything on the Beast. I have really no idea what kind of fight you have been watching....threatening with submissions and holding against the cage lol, a whole bunch of nothing.

19. waiguoren Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

<Prem973>

20. Crimp_Keeper Brown Belt Platinum Member

I could say the same. I put $7 on Gastelum so it’s not like I lost $100, or something similar. I just don’t understand how hugging a dude for 3 earns you a W. He landed nothing. Gastelum landed a few good elbows and two takedowns in the final round. Constant pressure and he continually gained the dominant position in the clinch. This win reminds me of Tills win over Wonderboy.