UFC 248 PBP/Discussion

Romeros interview is the best part of the fight

stfu romero u literally acted like mud and sprouts grew out of the ground and held your feet still and you didn't move for 2 or 3 mins first round. You barely used energy first few rounds but don't unload your tank in last 2. You're part of the problem too.

All you guys only blaming Izzy?

Romero always tries to slow down fights to the best of his ability and then explode. There where two guys in there.

Romero was Romero, Izzy wasnt himself because he couldnt be

2 paper champs congrats, really sick of ths shit wish I didnt already have money on the next cards. I think I'm just sticking to poker, I ight get unlucky but I wont get robbed

Costa doesnt stop, I think Izy might get wrecked there
Don't let this poor performance of Israel fool you. Izzy is going to beat him. Costa is more aggresive than Romero, but he is not that elusive and awkward to time like Yoel is. And he has identical cardio issues like Romero...

Don't let this poor performance of Israel fool you. Izzy is going to beat him. Costa is more aggresive than Romero, but he is not that elusive and awkward to time like Yoel is. And he has identical cardio issues like Romero...
I agree, Costa will slow down after 2 rounds

great night sherdog bettors!!!

If Romero wins I'll be happy, but I'd be happier if JJ won, killed my +3800 parlay, fucking on the wrong end of Felder/Reyes/JJ recently, JJ being the closest one.

God damn.
I feel for you, I got 1 out of 7 last split decision. I got Giga and that is $3300 swing cdn, glad to get one.

Costa doesnt stop, I think Izy might get wrecked there

Might. Izzy could run all night long like tonight. Hopefully Costa's coach Eric Albarracin has an answer for the Running Man Izzy about to pull when they fight.

Izzy hand picked Romero, and still ran around and fought like a fucking liberal pacifist.

With that being said though, I think he still beats Costa, but everyone I was watching the fights with were calling Izzy a bitch made :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, and I can't disagree.

Izzy hand picked Romero, and still ran around and fought like a fucking liberal pacifist.

With that being said though, I think he still beats Costa, but everyone I was watching the fights with were calling Izzy a bitch made :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, and I can't disagree.
While I agree, at the same time this is probably Romero's last title shot opportunity (that he didn't even deserve) and this is the first 5 round fight I've seen of his where he wasn't breathing heavy at the end. I think he should have done much, much more than he did if he really cared about winning the belt. Izzy staying on the outside and landing lots of leg kicks and occasional punches is enough to win the fight, the onus is on Romero to f'n do something in the last 2 rounds with all the energy he saved up barely doing anything in first half. The lack of urgency on his part was baffling. I'm still salty with how terrible this fight was haha.

After seeing the fight play out the way it did I really saw this as Izzy wanting to do the UFC a favour almost, complete a main event for a PPV for them, but only agreeing to do it in a fight that wouldn't be too taxing or damaging for him.

Yoel is a KO threat but he's been badly damaged over the past few years, gotten older, slowed down and does the same thing every fight.

Izzy gets a payday, a title defence, and can turn around and fight a real fight in 4/5 months time. I have no doubt Izzy could have turned up, took more risks and make for an exciting fight... But why bother? If he can keep safe, uninjured, get paid and fight again soon he may as well tick the name off the list and then he gets 6 months if he wants to rest up and skill up.

In the mean time, maybe Costa just waits and gets the shot, or maybe the UFC know he is healthy and ready now and they offer him another fight.

Till vs Costa since they're both ready, winner gets a shot. Cannonier could be back around then so he's another option too.

It's the same reason Henry is fighting Aldo, it's a win, a title defence, a warm up fight and it let's the division build some more heat with other contenders fighting in the mean time.

Henry can probably beat Aldo without too much danger or damage while Yan and Marlon have a war. Then Henry can turn around quickly and fight the winner while he's fresh and shaken off the rust and the opponent is banged up and not 100% but can't really turn down the title shot or they will lose their place.

Might. Izzy could run all night long like tonight. Hopefully Costa's coach Eric Albarracin has an answer for the Running Man Izzy about to pull when they fight.

Costa has pressure, Yoel does not. Costa is like Peter Yan pressure in Yoel Romero's body⁸

Dana said Costa is fighting Izzy next. Not a number one contender fight.

Dana said Costa is fighting Izzy next. Not a number one contender fight.

Probably will be the case but things can change. Yoel seems like a little test run for Costa, similar body types, size, power ect. Yoel is like Costa-lite.

Yeah not getting KOed by Romero when ya have staph is probably kinda hard.
Izzy looked off during the walkout to me.
Glad he won but that was notnot with being two hours late to work lol

Back