UFC 249 Gaethje vs Ferguson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagle says yes to the quarantine and no to fighting the crazy man.
"But Khabib has to fight, is that what you saying?
Take care of yourself and put yourself in my shoes"

Ya know I'm a pretty literal guy especially on April Fools day. So if I'm misunderstanding this correctly he's asking someone to put themselves in his shoes hmmm.
Ive got it guys I'll take one for the team and fight Ferguson myself. Mostly on weight already I just need a few things...
Gonna need a very motivated GoFund Me campaign for the hospital bill, the number of the world's best plastic surgeon and any recommendations for a comfortable ICU to live in afterwards.

Since the whole world is canceled and the next fight I see will probably be over a hot pocket I'll take a stab at Aldo vs Cejudo.
I'm on the side of Aldo declining and this run at 135 not being in his favor.
He seemed to slow against Marlon who seems to be a front runner himself.
Add an extra 2 rounds and a very motivated grinder with Olympic level cardio and I could see Cejudo outpacing Aldo to a decision or stoppage.

*Edit Ferguson with Ariel Helwani today saying he is still trying to get something to work for 249. Unless he is saving face we might see him against another opponent.

Last edited:
I don't understand why they still haven't scrapped the event rather than trying to dig out fighters for this.

Realistically, the card shouldn't be going ahead. No other country is going to put it on, you've got fighters on the card who would have to travel from multiple different countries and in 2 weeks time the USA is probably going to be at 5k deaths per day at a minimum.

Ticket sales won't be happening since it's have to be an empty stadium event. Just delay it, pay everyone their show money now so they can survive for the next few months and reschedule the same card in New York for several months down the line.

US should be starting to go into lockdown to try and resolve this before it escalates, not look at working out how to get a bunch of fights on involving people flying from all over the world in the middle of a pandemic.

Volk just held Aldo against the cage for the whole fight if I remember correctly. Cejudo will finish Aldo in round 1.

I don't understand why they still haven't scrapped the event rather than trying to dig out fighters for this.

Realistically, the card shouldn't be going ahead. No other country is going to put it on, you've got fighters on the card who would have to travel from multiple different countries and in 2 weeks time the USA is probably going to be at 5k deaths per day at a minimum.

Ticket sales won't be happening since it's have to be an empty stadium event. Just delay it, pay everyone their show money now so they can survive for the next few months and reschedule the same card in New York for several months down the line.

US should be starting to go into lockdown to try and resolve this before it escalates, not look at working out how to get a bunch of fights on involving people flying from all over the world in the middle of a pandemic.
Lockdown will only delay the process, the only way this stops is when at least half the population been infected and developed immunity or when they find a vaccine for it.

@rille31 lockdown will spare a lot of people's lives, but will drag out the process twice, thrice as long. no lockdown will be devastating in terms of lives lost, but will probably be swift. I heard someone say that the grounding of all flights after 9/11 resulted in more deaths than the actual attacks because people had to travel with their cars, which is statistically a lot more dangerous than taking the plane. this is maybe an argument used from the ones thinking the virus will kill more via making people lose their jobs and income, so the faster we deal with it the faster the economy will restart. but I feel even if no quarantine and the virus "go away" in like a month, the death toll will be so bad that it itself will ruin the economy anyway just by the sheer number of lost souls and the emotional impact. sorry to put it that way, but the virus kills not only old folks who are on their way out - it kills a lot a lot of people in active age even now, if doesn't get checked, soon it's going to rampage through all age groups. drastic measures are vital IMO.

Thoughts on Jacare -130, Jacare declining fast but Hall struggled with shoeface and on top of the huge grappling advantage Jacare should match him in the striking.

I like jacare there. Hall has been incredibly underwhelming since he was overhyped after those impressive kos on tuf. He’s always been too timid for me and never seems to be aggressive enough to win fights consistently.

Now khabib is saying he will fight if he gets a location and can obv get out of Russia. Who knows what’s going on w this. It seems like it should get canceled but dana seems pretty adamant about the event happening.

So What the fuck is going on with this event ?
Wish I knew. My two guesses are they scrap it last minute. Or they piece together some kinda Frankenstein monster of a card with the events that got canceled.

I'm hoping for the second option I really wanted to see Ngannou vs Rozenstruik.
The Biggi Boy seems to be ready.
Don't agree with the interim title though.
If DC would quit eye poking Stipe he might be able to see to sign a fight contract.

Tony in an interview with Helwani saying the only two people that make sense are Mcnuggets and tiramisu (Khabib and Conor). Sounds like he is against the Gaethje fight, either that or he is hungry from cutting weight.
Gonna make my own fantasy card from canceled fights since nothing seems to be set. I think this would be a good one.

Poirier vs Gaethje rematch
Woodly vs Edwards
Andrade vs Rose
Ngannou vs Rozenstruik
Garbrandt vs Assuncao

Hall vs Souza
Stephens vs Kattar
Esparza vs Waterson
Rountree vs Alves
Vera vs Wineland
Luque vs Brown
Roberson vs Muradov

Not sure how much it means at this point, but Betdsi put up Gaethje/Ferguson @ +100 / -130.

Belarus is eager for khabib vs ferguson, maybe it's still a possibility somehow.

Belarus is eager for khabib vs ferguson, maybe it's still a possibility somehow.
Apparently Dana respectfully declined, saying he has a few options already but will keep them as a plan B option.

Man if you could get Tony to Belarus, Russia is only next door for Khabib. Then whoever can make the make the trip Ngannou etc you make a card out of it, who can't you throw someone else who missed out on there.

Dana must be really confident one of the locations in USA will set with the way hes talking. The Belarusion president dosent mind filling out the stadium either lol

Full card reveal tomorrow, Geathje V Tony up on Tapology, Ariel revealing new venue almost finalized, with other events in coming weeks to be held there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back