1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFC 251: Usman vs. Masvidal (7/11)

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by Kamais_Ookin, Jun 12, 2020.

1. HockeyBjj Putting on the foil

Can you elaborate on this one? I put 2U on Holloway earlier but have seriously been regretting it to the point of considering counter betting on Volk and just accepting the small loss rather than risking a bigger one.

Holloway stupidly thinks he won their first fight. He says the leg kicks weren’t bad (despite forcing him to fight solely as a southpaw for two rounds to protect his destroyed leg) That’s not the attitude that will lend to a fighter making the necessary adjustments to win a rematch

2. HockeyBjj Putting on the foil

And Dana the assclown above the rules and not wearing a mask himself

3. Sono07 Brown Belt

I thought he looked fine. Honestly Max probably looked the worst to me. Think I'll finally pull the trigger on Volkanovski.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  4. Tirimasuperman Orange Belt

Anyone else considerung the Ribas KO line?

She hasn't really hunted subs in any of her UFC fights so it's kind of weird that the sub line is so heavily favoured (albeit personally still feeling uneasy about PVZ potentially flash KOing her since she's been KO'd before)

5. WOLFofHARLEM White Belt

i love volk. i bet on him to beat max (in the 1st fight). but i wouldnt put any stock into any of the verbiage coming from max. how he won, leg kicks didnt hurt, zoom training. hes just blowing smoke. i think he knows volk wont wilt under 5 rounds of pressure and will fight him tactically, using reach and movement. max has a chin, withstood poiriers best punches. so im thinking it comes down to a game of chess and i do think max addresses the leg kicks. lucky for holloway they dont have the small APEX gym and hell be able to utilize the cage and his range. getting 2x the money and im sensing a trilogy coming

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  6. Sadistics Brown Belt

I'd call what she did vs Whitmire and Markos hunting subs, and it's no surprise she didn't vs Dern.

7. lefontes Purple Belt

Great work man.

8. Tirimasuperman Orange Belt

Yeah look

I completely forgot about the Whitmire fight

9. WOLFofHARLEM White Belt

just locked in henry 1000 at +175 , may do more. really like henry more after the weigh in

Ballsaque likes this.
  10. TheFightGame Banned Banned

The idea of yan just walking through aldo is far fetched to me when he has had issues with much lesser opponents ( rivera & dodson )

11. PurpleDrank Black Belt

Bro anything can happen but Max has to make a few adjustments just to keepthis fight competitive. Volkanovski is so subtle with his striking but honestly he might be the best in the sport. He makes adjustments quicker than almost anyone in the sport. His feints and positioning are his keys. The first fight wasnt as close as people think.

EvoIXDan, ctelooming and HockeyBjj like this.
  12. GigaOuts Orange Belt

He abide the rules to make ufc fight island possible, he didn't make the rules. If the rules is wearing mask to the venue to watch fight live than he watches in his penthouse. Stop forcing your believe on other, accept individuality before this goes to hell.

13. matthew55 Blue Belt

I probably didn't watch enough tape on these guys, but I think Zhalgas has a much more judge friendly style if it goes the distance. I'm also not as impressed with Paiva as others. The only thing that is a major concern is the size difference, other than that, this should be a close fight, probably looking similar to Paiva/ Kai Kara France.

14. Sono07 Brown Belt

I don't think he runs through Aldo but I think he can cook him the longer the fight goes. I think Rivera getting a break losing his mouth piece and getting that eye poke in r3 saved him from being finished by Yan.

Tirimasuperman and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  15. HockeyBjj Putting on the foil

Yeah

I keep saying it here, and maybe it’ll be my downfall, but the over at 2.5 is a blessing. Hammer it. This may get finished in the 4th or 5th it fatigue takes a toll (particularly Yan on Aldo) but I don’t see either getting an early stoppage on the other

Sono07, XociDe and Tirimasuperman like this.
  16. XociDe Purple Belt

I was on Yan and cashed out to switch to the over 2.5. Better odds and I definitely feel more confident in it compared to straight Yan to win. Have it in a double with Volk.

Obviously anything can happen and anyone can get caught, but judging how they both fight, over 2.5 seems extremely likely.

HockeyBjj likes this.
  17. Spounman Brown Belt

Where do you guys bet at? I'm in California and the few sites I've found seemed to be based out of the UK. Where's a good place to make bets for a Californian? I mainly just do Draft Kings and Fan Duel.

18. TheFightGame Banned Banned

You can do fan duel from california?

19. Ballsaque Brown Belt

It's us vs the books, cuss. No reason to give them more money than necessary

20. theTKDguy Silver Belt

On aldo ko line, with yan ml as hedge.

EvoIXDan and Sono07 like this.